Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you pay total for pre-op labs, exam & consults?

Hi everyone,

I have been to the seminar and I've scheduled my initial appt with Dr. Srikanth in Washington, I was wondering what all of you had to pay for the pre-op labs, exam & consults. Also do you know what labs are required?

I have read many of the forums you've all posted and you all sound very supportive of eachother, this is very encouraging!!

Wish me luck!!:clap2:

dang it, i wrote this big long reply and my computer hung up and I lost it. grrrrrr:mad:

okay, I am going to Dr. Montgomery at http://www.thelapband.com/

and I asked the total cost (I am covered by insurance but have a friend who is considering paying out of pocket) and it is $16,900 for everything, including all adjustments for the first year. They have a great financing program that can put your payments at about $300 something a month.

It is about $8,000 to get done in Mexico http://www.mexicolapband.com/index1.php and I have heard pretty good things about them. Of course, you have to include the costs to get down to Mexico, Passport, etc but still it is cheaper than the US. Definitely also requires planning ahead on where you will get adjustments once you get back here.

good luck!

This has been my experience so far:

Jan 6 - Seminar - Free

Jan 8 - Surgeon Consult - $150.00 (used my FSA card)

Jan 17 - Psych Eval - $200.00 (FSA card was declined but later reimbursed)

Jan 22 - Nutrition Eval - $160.00 (used my FSA card)

If you pick a doc that has a package deal, most times the pre-op bloodwork and aftercare is included in the price....... also, HAD I been self pay, I'm not so sure I would had any of the costs listed above because..... the psych and nutr. evals were REQUIRED by my insurance company.

My labs were a $10 copay. The nutritionist was a couple hundred. The phsych eval wsa another few hundred. I would say total it was $500-600.

PS

I would have had to pay $200 out of pocket for the psych eval if I had used the one at my surgeon's place, so I went out and found one covered by my insurance and called and asked if they woudl be willing to do a psych eval for weight loss surgery and they agreed. I wanted to be up front so they would know what I wanted to come in for. they were very accomodating and 100% covered. :0

My insurance said they would pay for the PCP and Surgeon's consult and the psych eval and nutrionist's consult since they are they require it before the "approval or denial" decision is made.