Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"oh, How I Miss You...."

Tough love ...close the thread If you don't want to read it.

Two weeks out and you are trying to eat pizza? And people are trying to drink sodas and have junk food?

NEVER NEVER NEVER miss a meal time. You went all day with just Water ? Really? If your day is that busy prep ahead and bring some Protein powder with you so you can have some nourishment..

This surgery is not a forever fix. You have anywhere from 8 months to about a year referred to as the honeymoon phase when weight loss is pretty easy. After that it is all on you to keep it going and to be a long term success.

If you do not take this time to LEARN how to eat healthy and STAY AWAY from the things that got you to the point of surgery in the first place you will continue to have struggles with dumping and returning weight.

I'm not going to continue eating unhealthily infact since I been on this diet I haven't cheated or ate out. Just because you are having surgery doesnt mean you can't miss the bad stuff. Missing it & actually eating it it's two different things.

ReleighNC,

It's just a forum to state what we miss. It doesn't mean we are all eating these things. Plus, we are only humans. Sometimes we have our breaking points where all we want is a taste, but then we learn from our mistakes and never try it again!

Well, atleast most of us! Lol

Sweet

Well said, Sweet. This is journey we are all on and I don't think anyone has ever done this 100% perfectly. It is nice to have somewhere you can admit that, yeah, you dream about Mexican food.

And you know we are all going to personally see what dumping is like :~).

I am glad to be a part of a group who understands what being human is like. I slipped once and payed dearly. I didn't eat a cookie or a bunch of fries. I had a few bites of pizza. This is a struggle that does not end just because we have had surgery. It was surgery on our stomach, not our brains. We all think about the foods that tasted good and made us feel good, even if it was short lived. When you are a nanny to a set of two year olds, and every drop of Water is needed one can go a work day without food. This is not a change that is programmed into the brain. The one reason I chose to be on this forum, is to have people to relate to. I don't need to be judged, I faced plenty of judgment for having the surgery in the first place. Nobody is perfect, and casting stones when people need support and understanding only makes people feel alone. Again, thank you to those who understand how hard this is.

I 2nd what sweet said actually I NEVER drank soda before surgery and if I had it was only when eating out at dinner with family and would always be sprite but I had been so long without things I couldn't have the thought of 1 taste of soda wouldn't hurt and now that I know what it does to me I will never ever drink it again!!! Not that I try to drink soda everyday I tried it once and never will again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

No one here is perfect no matter how far post op we are and how successful we have been on our journeys. I read this thread and was a little taken back on the judgmental undertones. We are all evolving and I think it's wonderful so many choose to highlight their weak moments and vulnerabilities such as the little slip ups we have here and there. I for one feel that much more normal when I'm craving something I used to eat and reading others experiences makes me think twice about attempting. I didn't become overweight overnight and I know I'm not going to be perfect on my WLS journey. Let's try to remember one step at a time folks... I'm all for tough love when necessary...but I don't think anyone in our shoes wants to feel badgered about slip ups.

Thank you all for continuing to share your stories please know that they Inspire me, encourage me, educate me and make me feel that I always have people I can reach out to when I feel no one gets what I'm going through.

Yes no one is perfect. We all make mistakes & we learn from it. That's right surgery is in our stomach not the brain so after so many years of eating unhealthy we cant expect not to want the no no food. Now if we taste it & blah! It comes out lesson learn! Period! It's like a child watch where your walking & bam! Child falls down now next time the child knows to watch out or be prepare to fall down again. We will learn & when dinning out get something from the diet menu. Drink Water or liquor but very limited amount. We will learn. I know I will once I get surgery. I really Want to be slim.

This is FORUM correct PLEASE don't be apart of this group for less than a minute and come on here JUDGING US. For our thoughts or things we have done. we are still learning to adjust to our new lives. I thank GOD EVERYDAY FOR THIS FORUM. I can come on here and be myself without being judged (until now) or asked questions im embarrased to ask my doctor. Everybody on here is either going through what I went through or going to be going through it.just cause we have a thought about it doesn't mean we are gonna try it. Good luck everyone

Tough love ...close the thread If you don't want to read it.

Two weeks out and you are trying to eat pizza? And people are trying to drink sodas and have junk food?

NEVER NEVER NEVER miss a meal time. You went all day with just Water ? Really? If your day is that busy prep ahead and bring some Protein powder with you so you can have some nourishment..

This surgery is not a forever fix. You have anywhere from 8 months to about a year referred to as the honeymoon phase when weight loss is pretty easy. After that it is all on you to keep it going and to be a long term success.

If you do not take this time to LEARN how to eat healthy and STAY AWAY from the things that got you to the point of surgery in the first place you will continue to have struggles with dumping and returning weight.

I agree with everything you said!!! Cheating and overeating is what made me need surgery in the first place. I look forward to all the possibilities of what I can do now and later that have nothing to do with food. I agree if you're already trying to cheat you might be in big trouble later

I agree with everything you said!!! Cheating and overeating is what made me need surgery in the first place. I look forward to all the possibilities of what I can do now and later that have nothing to do with food. I agree if you're already trying to cheat you might be in big trouble later

I agree & disagree. I'm sure if we were perfect there would be no cholesterol highblood pressure diabetics & many others. I feel we are entitled to make mistakes & this is way we all came here to support each other & make people feel comfortable about them self & to adjust to this new way of living.

Yes of course if we always ate out & fast food & guess what some people can't cook & was raise on eating out. It's hard not to want the no no food. We just have to be strong & learn to cook if we don't know or get items from diet menu watching out for calories. We have to think positive & know we can do this & be strong. We are human & guess what? Human makes mistakes that's why we are getting surgery or already had surgery. It's up to each person to maintain them self positive & make better decisions once you have surgery. I know I personally want to be slim & been faithful to my diet cuz I keep saying. " if you cheat you only cheat your self". I want to be strong & I can do this.

Please don't judge anyone on this site. We need to help one another.

Thanks. I came to this thread to express what I missed and was upset to see some were subjecting themselves to things that were bad for them and felt they needed a reality check.

I have been so successful and feel so fantastic I want everyone to have the same joy.

I know several people that have had the surgery and because they began to cheat and have a taste of the things they missed, some have gained back nearly all they lost simply because they tasted themseves right back to their old lifestyle.

Happy trails.

first and foremost don't be upset by other peoples actions. as awful as this may sound it shouldn't be any of your business what other people do or don't do. we are all here for a reason, and it's SUPPORT! so if you are not going to be supportive, don't be judgmental either :)

Sweet

I understand that there are people who go back to their old ways, but those people are not on this forum. The people here are counting on the help we get from each other. Nobody learns to ride a bike the first time out. I went to Mc Donald's last night and only got a bottle of Water. The bf got a meal and if I had asked him not to, he would have been fine with it. I knew that it was my choice and I can't expect everyone else to do what I do. I didn't bite I to his sandwich or snatch his fries. People are going to try things, and in the future a piece of pizza is not so unhealthy that it's going to throw 200 lbs back on somebody's behind. The point is, to learn how to control your portion. A treat once in a while is not going back to old ways. The change is in the heart, I can say at least for myself that tough love has been a constant from well meaning skinny friends and family. If it didn't work before the surgery, tough love won't work now. The road to success lies within one's heart, not in the words of others. Like the old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say.....

I find it entertaining that a response of honesty is seen as judgemental when that is exactly what many are doing.

I also think it is funny that apparently there is no freedom to express opinions although most say that is what this is for.

And by the way.... I miss pretzels and chocolate covered raisins.