Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band surgeons in NH?

Portsmouth Reginal Hospital !!! Dr. Gens is my surgeon and there are 3 others wo also perform this surgery there. The entire program is fantastic and the surgeons are very supportive, friendly, "up " on the latest procedures , and are super super understanding !

Hi Goldthimble,

I go to Manchester as well, how has your experiences been so far? This Friday will be my third.............................

Hi Goldthimble,

I go to Manchester as well, how has your experiences been so far? This Friday will be my third.............................

Hi Kerry,

how was yesterdays meeting in Manchester?? Still packed? I sent out all my forms for Portsmouth Thursday only to open my mailbox and find them.... not enough postage! Is this a good sign??? Keep in touch.

Linda

Surprisingly it wasnt as full as it has been. A newbie asked if they planned on bringing on any other surgeons because there were so many people and Dr, Gould said no, he doesnt have enough patients to fill up his slots. Just because the room was full didnt mean that everyone was going to follow through, insurance wont pay, etc......I guess that was promising. I still have to do the sleep apnea test which I cant have done until April 17th. So its been about 4 months already but getting closer. Postage is nothing, I wouldnt worry about it. Just a small setback. LOL.

I am so excited!! I met with the coordinator yesterday for Portsmouth, I have my eval in two weeks and my nutrionist meeting the next day. Quicker than I thought. My biggest fear is my insurance!!! :faint: Any words of advice????

Goldthimble

Goldthimble, I am almost 1 year out after surgery at Portsmouth Hospital and they are FANTASTIC !!!! Best wishes and as far as insurance, just do exactly what they say to do and provide every document they need. Don't try to rush and then forget something; The wait is WORTH it in the long run !! :D

Good for you. Ive had every possible test and have done everything they have asked and still not heard from Manchester to meet the surgeon. Im waiting patiently. I started in December and have met all requirements. I guess they are waiting on the sleep apnea test results. Its been 5 months and I dont want to push and be a pain. When you guys went to Portsmouth, how long was your wait?

Goldthimble, I am almost 1 year out after surgery at Portsmouth Hospital and they are FANTASTIC !!!! Best wishes and as far as insurance, just do exactly what they say to do and provide every document they need. Don't try to rush and then forget something; The wait is WORTH it in the long run !! :o

My wife, daughter and I are having ours done at the Cheshire Medical Center in Keene. They are on their way to becoming a "Center of Excellence" in lap banding. Our surgeon is Dr. Donald Dupuis.

Dirigo - when are you and your family getting the procedure? I actually was approved through Cheshire Medical and was supposed to be one of the first to get it done until my insurance refused coverage because CMC is not a Center of Excellence yet! I was SOOOO :girl_hug:!!!

So now I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that they get certified SOON so my insurance will cover it! I would love to hear how it goes for you and your family. Dr. Dupuis seemed nice and like he is a very capable surgeon.

Hi Star13 - My 18 y/o daughter is having it done TOMORROW morning! My wife will be banded next Tuesday (9/30) and I am being banded on 10/29 (need someone healthy to take care of the others!!). Do you live in NH? If so, I can help you I think with the insurance issue.

Star13 - there is a new state law in NH, SB312 that covers manditory treatment for obesity. My insurance denied us as well. I made them aware of the law and they still denied us. I have friends int the NH legislature and I had my representative and senator as well as the attorney for the NH House of Representatives get involved and then we were approved within 2 hours!!! If you live in NH, you are covered. It went in to effect of 9/14/08.