Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band To Rny Revision 25Th May :)

Hey All...

I'm Jacee and this is my story.

I am 23, female and living in Australia. In 2008 I underwent Lapband surgery and went from (127kgs) 275lbs to (70kgs) 150lbs. I was initially very successful and I loved my band. In early 2010 I started suffering for undiagnosed gallstones, which meant that in turn my Lapband had to be loosened from unrelentless vomiting. My gallbladder was removed in December 2010 and by then I'd gained back (20kgs) 45lbs. In early 2011 I suffered from a Lapband slip and my surgeon recommended I undergo RNY Bypass. At first it was a very daunting decision that I wasn't ready to make, but within a month I changed my mind. My codependency to food had returned due to a constant feeling of hunger and an urge to eat after being so severely restricted for 3yrs.

Our health system in Australia is very different to the US. We do have public health provided by our tax dollars, but it is a VERY LONG wait for elective surgery. When I was 20 and got my Lapband I didn't have private health, so I had 2 options - wait on the public waiting list - 3-5yrs or pay for outright. So I took the second option and $12,000 later I had a Lapband. When my Lapband slipped in 2011 I didn't have private health cover available to cover the RNY bypass, and my surgeon told me without private health he could only put me on his public wait list for revised surgery. It's been 10months wait now and I go in for surgery in under 4 weeks. I currently weigh close to 140kgs which is over 300lbs. My BMI is 49, nearly 50.

The last 10months of my life have been devastating emotionally and physically. I have felt and lived success, but here I am now, bigger than I've ever been, ready to start all over. I'm literally terrified, but at the same time, I am extremely eager to get my "restriction" back. To feel healthy, happy and confident again. I'd love for my husband to know thin me, to feel beautiful for him. I also want him to know that in the next few years I'm going to be healthy enough to give him the family he so eagerly desires. I can't wait to fit into my AU size 12 - US size 8 - clothes again that are piled in boxes in my cupboard. I have so much to strive towards because I've been there, I've felt success, and now I want in more than ever.

I wish you all luck and plenty of love on your journeys, I'd love to hear other stories. My surgery is in Brisbane Australia on the 25th of May 2012.

All the best,

Jacee

I, too, had great success with my lap band. I lost 90 lbs in 1 year. Then it slipped and I had to have it removed 2 1/2 yrs ago. I gained all the weight back. I know exactly how you feel. I was approved for an RNY gastric bypass in December 2011, and my surgery is scheduled for May 14th, 2012. My surgeon said it may be complicated by the fact that I have a lot of scar tissue from having the band removed, but he is optimistic. I'm excited and scared; and I can't wait to lose weight again.

Hey All...

I'm Jacee and this is my story.

I am 23' date=' female and living in Australia. In 2008 I underwent Lapband surgery and went from (127kgs) 275lbs to (70kgs) 150lbs. I was initially very successful and I loved my band. In early 2010 I started suffering for undiagnosed gallstones, which meant that in turn my Lapband had to be loosened from unrelentless vomiting. My gallbladder was removed in December 2010 and by then I'd gained back (20kgs) 45lbs. In early 2011 I suffered from a Lapband slip and my surgeon recommended I undergo RNY Bypass. At first it was a very daunting decision that I wasn't ready to make, but within a month I changed my mind. My codependency to food had returned due to a constant feeling of hunger and an urge to eat after being so severely restricted for 3yrs.

Our health system in Australia is very different to the US. We do have public health provided by our tax dollars, but it is a VERY LONG wait for elective surgery. When I was 20 and got my Lapband I didn't have private health, so I had 2 options - wait on the public waiting list - 3-5yrs or pay for outright. So I took the second option and 12,000 later I had a Lapband. When my Lapband slipped in 2011 I didn't have private health cover available to cover the RNY bypass, and my surgeon told me without private health he could only put me on his public wait list for revised surgery. It's been 10months wait now and I go in for surgery in under 4 weeks. I currently weigh close to 140kgs which is over 300lbs. My BMI is 49, nearly 50.

The last 10months of my life have been devastating emotionally and physically. I have felt and lived success, but here I am now, bigger than I've ever been, ready to start all over. I'm literally terrified, but at the same time, I am extremely eager to get my "restriction" back. To feel healthy, happy and confident again. I'd love for my husband to know thin me, to feel beautiful for him. I also want him to know that in the next few years I'm going to be healthy enough to give him the family he so eagerly desires. I can't wait to fit into my AU size 12 - US size 8 - clothes again that are piled in boxes in my cupboard. I have so much to strive towards because I've been there, I've felt success, and now I want in more than ever.

I wish you all luck and plenty of love on your journeys, I'd love to hear other stories. My surgery is in Brisbane Australia on the 25th of May 2012.

All the best,

Jacee

[/quote']

Good luck & best wishes and I know you will be thin again.