Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Hell

Glad I'm not the only one that has had that problem with chicken

Oh and 1 more thing I know you moved on to soft foods. What kind, bc I know you said you can tolerate everything but chicken, but isn't that solid. I'm just so ready to be where your at. I need ideas. Water makes me go to the bathroom right away. Are you able to eat beef? How was the Mac n heese.

I am able to eat breads (in moderation) I find that those fill my pouch up more and sometimes you don't realize that your eating such a small amount of bread that you eat too much and it can also make your pouch hurt so I tend to try to stay away from breads just because it takes up too much space in there. Salads......oh yes but I wasn't allowed to eat any type of lettuce until I was 6 weeks out and the nurse said that sometimes people don't react great to lettuce and some can only have iceberg and some can only have romaine so you really have to be careful the 1st time you eat lettuce because you may eat iceberg and your tummy may not like it. Tomato sauce like the kind with peppers and stuff added just give me the runs, as well as tacos, and onion....but that could all be due to the fact that I had my gall bladder removed when I had my surgery. I myself never ate the baby food because I have tried it when my kids were babies and ew ew ew that's all I can say about that. And those cravings that you are having are totally normal for the stage that you are at now, in the beginning you do have a lot of head hunger I know I craved hot dogs if that makes any sense but I wanted it not because I was hungry but because my head was trying to tell me to eat everything in sight because it was just that head hunger and nothing else.....I still am like that to this day, grocery shopping is the worst I just pick up things I know I can't eat and won't attempt to and the kids or hubby eat it lol but I just pick it up because the packaging looks good and I'm like oh I could eat one of those even though I really can't. Mac and cheese was touch and go it went down smooth, but I'm still at the stage where I'm trying to figure out when I'm full and when I can eat a little more that's an issue I've been dealing with and it's something I think all of us go through because you just don't know when to stop and when you can eat more because the full feeling you have with gastric is totally different than with your regular tummy.....they say once you are on solid foods all of your meal should fit in 1/2 cup.....well my pouch gets full way before the 1/2 is empty so you just have to try amounts to see what is right for your pouch, if I do eat mac n cheese I eat about 4 bites and that is it although I know I could probably do 6 bites I would rather stop at 4 then have my pouch overfull...and girl that hurts like a bitch!

Here's some ideas of soft foods that I know were recommended to me by the dr:

moist meats (canned chicken or tuna in Water only) ***use caution I ate tuna and it got stuck worst thing ever***

canned fruit (no sugar added in 100% real fruit juice)

applesauce (no sugar added)

hot and cold cereals (cream of wheat, cherrios, special k, any flavor oatmeal, grits)

frozen or canned veggies

egg substitute

mashed potatoes

fat free whole wheat crackers

macaroni, rotini, or penne Pasta

96-99% fat free deli meat ***life saver, I heat up deli meat and cheese and roll it up eat it....great lunch idea***

tofu

refried Beans (vegetarian)

well cooked Beans

skinless turkey or chicken breast

93% lean ground beef

fat free or reduced fat cheese

fat free/light mayo

fat free dressings

fat free sour cream

light butter

fat free cream cheese

whole wheat bread (dry, well toasted)

whole wheat waffles (well toasted)

Feel free to message me anytime you need advice, ask questions, or just need to talk! :D

I HAVE GOT TO HAVE HELP HERE!! oN THE shakes, ARE THEIR ANY THAT TASTE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO DECENT???? ALSO, DO YOU ALL HAVE TO DO 4 OF THE HORSE SIZE CEWABLE Vitamins A DAY?? DO I NEED TO ORDER A chewable Calcium SUPPLEMENT? FREAKING OUT A BIT. MY WORLD IS ABOUT TO TURN UPSIDE DOWN AND BACKWARD AND I'M WIGGING OUT. I JUST WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT. SHOULD I GET BIOTEN SO MY hair WON'T FALL OUT????? Any reply is appreciated and if you don't want to post, I'll give you my personal e-mail!!!

I use Unjury, carnation instant Breakfast, and myoplex those are the only ones that taste good to me! As for the Vitamins I take a chewable in the morning then my B12 about an hour later then my Calcium at lunch and another chewable at bed time!

It's weird to hear chicken hurts your pouch. When I had the lapband if I couldn't tolerate anything I could tolerate chicken. But it seems a lot of people with gastric bypass has trouble with chicken. Are you able to eat bread and salads. What does Tomato sauce do to you. I can't wait until liquids for me are done. I have 3 more weeks then its on to pureed food. Have you guys ate baby food at all. I've been having a lot of cravings like meatballs' date=' pizza ,salads, gyros, I guess everything lol.[/quote']

Your making my hungry. I start a very strick diet Monday.

When eating my sf popsicles i'm thinking YUMMY something different. When having my sips of milk it fills me up. I'm having my surgery Tuesday. How long were you on your liquid diet after your surgery? I'm having lap band