Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany, New York....?

Hey BrickHouse!!

Congrats on your progress :-) I will say when you said you were a month out I was shocked that you were able to eat a half cup! Did u have the bypass or sleeve? 30 days out and 30 pounds, good for you! :) The PartyLite Party went well, it was actually a fundraiser event for something called a Walk Aid, it is a medical device I need and it was denied by insurance. It's a $4,500 device so I have a whole lot more fundraising to do, slowly but surely I will get there. :-)

Julie,

Different programs/hospitals follow different guidelines on how much of the stomach they remove. I did a lot of research with hospitals in the area and I was beyond confident with Albany Medical Center once I did all my research prior to surgery. Prior to surgery I discovered that St.Peters and Ellis remove a set amount percent and that Albany Medical Center safely removes a tad higher percent. So different ppl consume different amount by a sliver. Just stick with getting in that Protein, in the start mine was as BrickHouse said and my go to was the Greek Yogurt, I loved the Choboni Tubed yogurt. My program has different diet guidelines which has turned out to be very beneficial and has really helped the weight loss. My program count sugars , protein and Water. I stick with things that are under 10grams of sugar, more then 10grams of sugar and I don't have it. Protein comes first, 60-65 of protein a day, water, water, and more water, never think your drinking to much. Also, drinking out of a Camelbak has SAVED me! It helped my drink more and prevents air from entering while drinking which is what happens when you tend to drink out of a regular bottle or a straw.

So glad everyone's doing well, and glad there is actual conversation going on in this forum :) seemed to pause for a bit.

Rensterness, I had the bypass. Sometimes I can eat half a cup; other times maybe a quarter cup. It depends on the food. Softer Proteins like yogurt and cottage cheese are almost always a half cup. Sometimes more. I can finish a container of yogurt.

Glad your fundraiser went well. If you might be interested in an Avon fundraiser, let me know. Lots of options. Keep up to 40% and you have your money in your hand when the fundraiser is over.

28 day comparison

BrickHouse you are looking great!!!!

I went to Dr P with the Ellis group. I didn't research how big of a portion drs left behind b/c well. I just didn't think to do that. I however had my lap band removed and sleeve done at the same time. I had the lap band done in January 2011 and I had such a hard time with it. I either never felt full or couldn't keep anything down. It was a constant battle. Up and down and finally it was bothering me to the point I didn't utilize it anymore. Had all the Fluid taken out BC it just didn't do anything for me anyways and why damage my stomach. So I'm scared of not having restriction like I didn't get with the lap band. I can eat some yogurt and it takes me a while but I can manage to much up the whole thing in an hour and than I think like you said it's more not being able to eat normal food that's bothering me. I am going to draw some signs of words of inspiration to hang places to keep me focused and on goal. Maybe that's the head distraction I need to keep me not focusing on food.

I have to say. What is a walk aide and why is it so expensive? Have you called the company to see if they can work with you on a price? Or you can contact local Dr offices who specialize in what you need help for and see if they would be willing to help you and make a donation or work with you!? You can also contact local businesses but I advise you do that in person as letter often get ignored

Brick house congrats on your success!!!!

Jules

BrickHouse you are looking great!!!!

Thanks! Right back atcha! I think I've lost the most from my eyelids! LOL!

Julie~

A walk aid is a device that assist with the mobility for people with drop foot or lower paralysis. I had a stroke four years ago which left me with a drop foot and lower leg paralysis. I have a full leg brace that I wear under my pants that goes from the foot to my hip, and I move with my butt and upper area muscles. I did a month trial with the walk aid and I had FULL mobility with no other assistance. I was able to JOG, JUMP, be on my feet like a normal person, but insurance denied it. My and the doctors have pretty much ran out of options and boy have we gone through oh so many. This device is so small and not noticeable it really was amazing. Then they took it :/ So now i need to do all I can to get it paid for. Another $3,700 to go lol.

Rensterness, have you tried things like GoFundMe or making a FB page? I've seen people have entire gastric bypasses and other medical things paid for with donations through pages linked to a PayPal account.

BrickHouse~

I don't have a Facebook page or paypal account, I am not a hip as I would like to be with that stuff lol. I have heard of the the funding site but have no clue how to do it and call me crazy I get nervous putting my name and bank info online. I know, I'm 'special' lol. I looked it up even more after I read your post to me and it really does seen great but I just don't know how comfortable I am with putting my bank info and all online. I am going to look into it more because it does seem like people have a lot of success with it. The next thing it am going is a basket raffle at my house with some appetizers and what not. There will be things like a movie night basket, wine basket and so on and a 50/50. If you think of other things please let me know, could use all the help I can get at this point! ;)

Rensterness? Maybe you should look into it! I think that's the point of paypal tho. It's a bank barrier between you and others making payments to you. We can all cheer you on! 4500-4700 is a lot of money but if improves your life then it's absolutely worth shooting for!

Contact companies... My sister just did this HUGE fund raiser for the PTA for a middle school back in Pennsylvania and she called Disney world and they gave her four park hopper passes... American warhorse sent a basket of things.. Restaurants give gift cards. It's absolutely insane how many companies will help. Have you called the company itself to see what they can do for you?

I have called them and I have had no luck. It is originally a $7500.00 product and I have been able to get it discounted at $4500.00. I am def going to look into options for donations of things as you mentioned :) I get so down about it but have to stay positive!!