Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 100 Mile Challange!

Hi Lynette: welcome to our crazy little tribe! I would add to Patrick's suggestions that if you haven't already had you pre-surgery cardiology work-up that you get that done before embarking on an exercise plan that involves anything you would find strenuous' date=' even if it is just walking. Also start very gently. When I first started using an elliptical machine I could only handle about 5 minutes. Now I can go about 45 minutes but it took a long time to get there. Patience is important in the beginning. If you have joint pain then pool exercise might be a good way to start. Walking laps in a pool is a good but gentle workout. Whatever you choose to do it's all good!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274[/quote']

Hi Chelenka. Funny you mention the Cardiologist. I was just in his office today and he gave me clearance. The EKG and Stress Test were fine. My main issue is body aches and muscle spasms post exercise. Anyone with something similar?

VSG Pre Op

Okay 3 miles on stationary bike, puts me at 5.5 so far.

I only did 3 miles yesterday and 3.7 today so I am off to a slow start.

That said, I did 100 push ups and I beat the crap out if someone I can't stand during a sparring class today. Even better, no gloves, so my knuckles are purple and swollen as is she from the jaw down to her waist. She started it by hitting me in the face during a no contact class and it was on.

Totally fab!

4 more miles tonight. Brings my total October to 8.

Sent from my iPad using VST

3.5 today. Grand total 7. Smh. :(

Gotta kick it into gear but not much energy for some reason. I promise I will try harder! :)

I need to average 4 per day to hit 125 by month end.

Walked 7.5 miles today making my total 15.5. And Georgia...snacks are so much more fun than meals! LOL

I only did 3 miles yesterday and 3.7 today so I am off to a slow start.

That said' date=' I did 100 push ups and I beat the crap out if someone I can't stand during a sparring class today. Even better, no gloves, so my knuckles are purple and swollen as is she from the jaw down to her waist. She started it by hitting me in the face during a no contact class and it was on.

Totally fab![/quote']

Did they kick you out?

Ok I'm a little late joining the challenge but I want to give it a try...and I'm Jennifer!

Does anyone know of a really good app to track your miles?

Thanks

Jennifer

I use the Map My Ride app. It's free and you can track miles for all sorts of activities.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

Did my 4 miles yesterday. Puts me at 8 for the month.

Hi all! I'm off to a good start (for me) since last challenge I started a week late. My total for Tuesday & Wednesday is: 12.13 miles. I walked 4.3 miles and rode my bike 7.83 miles. Today I plan on getting in a 2 mile walk at lunchtime but not much more than that since I have plans to meet up with my friends for dinner. I love reading everyone's posts! They are very motivational...Keep up the good work everyone!

1.1 miles yesterday, for a total of 2.4. A lot slower than most folks on here, but I'm movin'! Trying out the bike this weekend, so hopefully I can put on some miles that way.

Also up to 200 squats for my Squatober challenge; thinking that maybe doing both challenges in one month wasn't the best idea - the legs are purty sore!!