Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Way behind the 8 ball

Hello,

Like everyone has said you need to get back to the basics, Protein, protein and then protein. Also, I never look at the huge amount of weight I need to lose, I took it 10 lbs at a time. So when I weighed 200 all I would think about is weighing 190, and only weigh myself every 2 weeks in the beginning when I was 250 lbs I would only weigh Once a Month…. Best of luck, and Remember YOU CAN do this…Small steps and Just one Step at a time, Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed! :rolleyes:

Stomlin' date=' thank you so much for having the courage to bare your soul.

I am in the same boat as you, rapidly coming up on a year and disgusted with myself because I'm still 25-30 lbs. from goal and have found myself eating sliders, and stress eating. I've gained 3 pounds in the last month...luckily its not more. I think staying dedicated to exercising has kept the weight down.

I'll be joining those of you who are eating clean today. And thank you to all the wonderful supporting vets for your replies. I don't often post, but I lurk, read, and learn from all of you.[/quote']

Nice to have you aboard!

We can do this today knowing that we are not alone :)

Yeah sometimes I break it down by meal, not even by day. I think of it like when I quit smoking. So hard and totally consuming at first, then gets a little easier with time, but it's always there. I like to kid and say you'll know if I have a terminal disease that I think is going to take me out quick, because I'll be smoking again! Now I can say and eating like crap :-)

I read something interesting earlier today about how to succeed in making changes. It's the difference between saying "I can't do" vs. "I don't do". This simple change in thinking/saying helped people succeed. Every one is in here and needs me so I will post the link later.

Lynda

Here's the article:

http://www.forbes.co...dont-vs-i-cant/

And, based on that:

I don't eat crap food on a regular basis

I don't skip exercise

I don't skip weighing myself in the morning

Lynda

Stomlin, thank you so much for having the courage to bare your soul.

I am in the same boat as you, rapidly coming up on a year and disgusted with myself because I'm still 25-30 lbs. from goal and have found myself eating sliders, and stress eating. I've gained 3 pounds in the last month...luckily its not more. I think staying dedicated to exercising has kept the weight down.

I'll be joining those of you who are eating clean today. And thank you to all the wonderful supporting vets for your replies. I don't often post, but I lurk, read, and learn from all of you.

Hey there - yep, eating clean is super hard. I am definitely struggling through the worst tonight with cravings as I type this but coming on here helps. Just reading through the posts and knowing I'm not alone provides the reassurance that I can do it. Hope everyone is having a great day today!

I am! Looking forward to a cup of tea with Splenda and something healthy to go with. Maybe 1/2 apple.

I pushed my dinner off until almost 7 so I'm going to hopefully have nothing more tonight outside of

liquids...

Like I said before, night is always hardest after my children and husband go to bed..

Day 3 is so much better than day 2 - cravings are diminishing a bit and I am getting into the groove. Checked the sale after a lengthy hiatus and I am even down a tiny bit. Good motivation. I am taking the advice of someone who responded on here about 10 pounds at a time and I was 231 a few days ago when I sent my first SOS message - so, here's to 220!

You got this "stomlin"...you can do it! :)

This may be weird and/or mildly obsessive, but I use my lifting routine as an attempt to eat clean. I lift really intensely and bust my butt in the gym several days a week. I really like it when my performance (heavy lift max or max reps on a set hits a new high) or I'm able to move some really heavy weight, or moderate weight many times (reps). Since that is a very motivating factor for me (along with other things), I know that I cannot do these big lifts without the nutrition to back it up. And since I work really hard in the gym and want those big lifts, I don't want to sabotage it by following up a really good lifting session with crappy food like I did pre-surgery. :wacko: I can now see the tremendous benefits of eating right to support my strength and muscles as opposed to before surgery when I still lifted pretty hard, but pi$$ed away those efforts by eating horribly. Or, I could also look at the lifting as an excuse to eat right and hold myself accountable because I don't want my lifting sessions to be wasted. I've learned since surgery that even though one has to put the work in exercise-wise, at least 75% of my strength and fitness is determined in the kitchen or at the table. So for me, the easy part is the one hour or so at the gym each day, the challenge is the other 23 or so hours in the day. Everytime I want to reach for some chips or a candy bar at a convenience store, I try to think back to my last workout that day or the day before. If I had a really good workout, it's easier to say no to these type foods because they are not helping me get stronger........lean meats, veggies and complex carbs do.

I realize you may not lift or do a lot of resistance training, but just sharing that as an example of a way to perhaps motivate you to eat clean. Maybe try different ways to hold yourself accountable or motivate yourself to eat well. Thanks for coming back to the forum! I'm getting close to 2 years now and still learn stuff on here and also like to give back to the newbies as the older veterans did with me when I first started. Wishing you the best!!!

Day 3 is so much better than day 2 - cravings are diminishing a bit and I am getting into the groove. Checked the sale after a lengthy hiatus and I am even down a tiny bit. Good motivation. I am taking the advice of someone who responded on here about 10 pounds at a time and I was 231 a few days ago when I sent my first SOS message - so, here's to 220!

Wonderful! 220 will get here before you know it!

Yes great job!

I thought of you last night when I went roaming the kitchen. And I'm proud to say I hung tough and made it through the evening with just a 15 calorie magic pop :)

roaming... I love it. roaming is often hand in hand with grazing....

Isn't that how they fatten up cattle? works for me!

Yes great job!

I thought of you last night when I went roaming the kitchen. And I'm proud to say I hung tough and made it through the evening with just a 15 calorie magic pop :)

roaming... I love it. roaming is often hand in hand with grazing....

Isn't that how they fatten up cattle? works for me!

Lol!!!

I'll have to remember that tonight should I "roam"

Again :P

Yes, yes, yes, today is my birthday and I made it!!! I started my first post on here at 23.6 and weighed in today at 226.8. My goal was to get to my birthday with no sugar/low carbs and I did it! Today, I am sticking to the plan except for a piece of birthday cake that intend to eat this evening with my family and then right back to business tomorrow! I feel fantasticly back in control of things. It's an awesome feeling.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy that slice of cake and ice cream too. Then dance it off lol!