Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women what would u do?

I need everyone's honest opinion and any other advice or information you can share.

I went to a plastic surgeon to discuss the procedures I need. Long story short, with insurance and every discount that they are willing to give me the surgeries come out to 14,000.

My predicament is I don't have that kind of money. So, I now have an opportunity to make at least 8,000 dollars by donating my eggs

My husband is not keen on the idea but is leaving it up to me. I truly feel fine going forth, but a few friends are saying no definitely not.

I worked so hard to get healthy, now at 31 I want my body to look good. I'm beyond conflicted.....

My daughter (26 y.o), has signed up to donate eggs. Its a complicated process. I stand by her decision . I stand by your choice to so that too.

I agree, it's your choice. Just make sure you're 100% sure, and know all about the procedure, repercussions etc and if you still feel strongly about it, then there are some people who need help out there which you will be providing!

You worked so hard to get to where you are and you want to make your body look better, I understand that. If I were in your shoes, I would take advantage of it too.

Will you still be able to have children (if you choose)? I wouldn't go through the plastic surgery if you are (I mean, what's the point?)

Just research so you know EXACTLY what you are getting into. Good luck. :)

I would never donate my eggs! But everyone is different. Good luck but don't do something that will harm your relationship with your husband.

Wow! I am sitting here wondering if I could do that. I am not sure, but I certainly wouldn't pass judgment on anyone who did.

Is it possible to get financing for your plastics?

Are you conflicted? If everyone round you had said yes, would you be firing ahead and donating your eggs? If so, then there is no conflict, you want to do this. However, you also want the approval of those who are around you. That's where the conflict lies.

I understand that, it's comforting when people agree with our decisions. But this is your decision. The money raised is for you to finish a process you started. As you said, you worked hard to get healthy - so why hesitate now? How will you feel if you let others views stop you?

I think you already know the answer and just want someone to tell you to go for it. But you have to be brave and make this decision for yourself. We can only live our life - no one else can do it for us, not even our friends who, no matter how close, have never walked a mile in our shoes...

Good luck!

Then say yes to yourself - after all, yours is the most important opinion :-))))

If it were me I'd do it in a heartbeat - and not give a rat's patootie what anyone else thinks. Shucks, I wish someone would want my eggs! At my age though, that's not going to happen.

You would be helping yourself and a women who wants to be a mom...It's a gift go for it live it up and god bless

Are you conflicted? If everyone round you had said yes, would you be firing ahead and donating your eggs? If so, then there is no conflict, you want to do this. However, you also want the approval of those who are around you. That's where the conflict lies.

I understand that, it's comforting when people agree with our decisions. But this is your decision. The money raised is for you to finish a process you started. As you said, you worked hard to get healthy - so why hesitate now? How will you feel if you let others views stop you?

I think you already know the answer and just want someone to tell you to go for it. But you have to be brave and make this decision for yourself. We can only live our life - no one else can do it for us, not even our friends who, no matter how close, have never walked a mile in our shoes...

Good luck!

Well said!! That's some advice I can use for myself!! :)

I would donate eggs... if I still had some haha... as long as the "process" didn't harm my health. check it out

Would you ever know what came of your eggs? I think the knowing (or even not knowing) would drive me nuts. Minus the whole being pregnant for 9 months....its almost like being a surrogate mother.... I thought about that but of course they had height/weight proportion requirements for being a surrogate.

I say if you're ok with it then go for it! And if you are REALLY ok with it then its a win win situation. Not only will you be 8,000 closer to you getting your plastic surgery but you'll also make someone who is unable to conceive very very happy.

I bet if your family or friends needed your egg(s) they would be all for it! Ask yourself this first, "Would I donate my eggs if I didn't need the money?" Do what you got to do, but you could also try to get the PS paid for with a grant... http://www.wlsfa.org/looking-for-help/how-to-apply-for-a-grant/ ;)