Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st Beach Vacation Post-Sleeve (it rocked!)

I just got back from Panama City Beach, FL and I'm proud to say I actually lost a couple pounds over vacation! That never would have happend pre-sleeve. The beach was such a different experience after losing 60 pounds. I could walk the beach without my thighs rubbing together (ladies, you know what I'm taking about). I had so much more energy to play with my kids and more confidence in a swimsuit. AND .... a guy hit on me at the bar! That has not happened in 15 years!! I'm married so I had to politely decline, but it made my day!

My brother does photography and I had him take some family pics at the beach that I will post when I get them. They turned out really nice. I can't wait until next year at the beach when I'm at my goal weight.

I get sleeved in 6 days and we have a trip to florida planned next spring. this is very encouraging to someone who is scared to death of her surgery date!

I know just how you feel. im also down 60 lbs and spent a lot of time in a swimsuit this summer. Also had a lot of pictures taken and i was pretty OK with them all. Great NSV

I started the surgery process right before our beach trip in June. The whole trip I kept saying next year I'm going to do this, next year I'm going to do that... and next year I won't have such a hard time with these stairs. I want to kayak, horseback ride, and climb every lighthouse in a 200 mile radius.

I'm still pre-op, but this is the very thing I'm looking forward to the most! I love the beach, and every visit since childhood, I've told myself that each year was the last year I would visit as an obese person. I should have my surgery in November, and we're planning the next beach trip in April or May, so THIS was the last year I visited as an obese person. I'm looking forward to walks in the sand without aching knees and feet. I'm looking forward to actually playing with my children instead of watching from the umbrella.

I was sleeved at the end of April and went to the beach at the first of August. I felt completely different than I did last year at the beach. I had lost 50 of the 70 lbs I need to lose. I was more comfortable walking on the beach, had more energy, and the heat did not seem to bother me as much. I bought new shorts and tops about a month before we went and by the time we got to the beach the clothes were too big. I've just discovered that I am more excited about sizes than I am pounds. I've lost 55 lbs, but I just bought a pair of 7/8 jeans!