Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

So I hear.... We are actaully looking into moving to texas in a couple years.. That is where my family lives, I love reno so much though we may just stay here.

Nice to see this thread moving again!!

I live out in Spanish Springs also. WBI has been really great for me too. Been working wth them for about a year now. Laurie has been doing my fills also, I kinda skipped my last appt. so I need to reschedual. Not really needing a fill, but I should go in.

Not doing to bad with the weight. It is slow coming off but none is going back on either. It is really dependent on my activity level. If I get out and move I drop pounds, if I just work and not much else, it kind of hovers. I am down a tick over 60 pounds right now with a 12 day hunting trip starting in 2 days. I am hoping to come back at least 10 more pounds down after walking and hiking 5-10 miles a day!!!

If you don't see me for a time now, it is because I will be living in a tent is sub freezing temps for a couple of weeks:):( For some reason us guys call this stuff fun hahaha!!!

Chris

Hi Northern Nevada people! I heard there was a Reno thread but I hadn't found it until now. I just spoke to Michelle today and have to decide between Dec. 3 and Dec. 17th a WBI for my surgery date. I have to host a small Christmas party for my husband's work on 12/15 so I am not sure which date I should pick. Either way the 3rd or 17th I won't be able to eat (and probably drink for that matter!) I hope the thread gets active again. I would love to be able to get together with people for exercise and encouragement. By the way I have not done a ticker yet but I am 45 years old 5'5" BMI 35.6 and 215 with goal of 135. Hope to hear from you all soon. P.S. She She my doc is Sassie also.

Nice to see this thread moving again!!

I live out in Spanish Springs also. WBI has been really great for me too. Been working wth them for about a year now. Laurie has been doing my fills also, I kinda skipped my last appt. so I need to reschedual. Not really needing a fill, but I should go in.

Not doing to bad with the weight. It is slow coming off but none is going back on either. It is really dependent on my activity level. If I get out and move I drop pounds, if I just work and not much else, it kind of hovers. I am down a tick over 60 pounds right now with a 12 day hunting trip starting in 2 days. I am hoping to come back at least 10 more pounds down after walking and hiking 5-10 miles a day!!!

If you don't see me for a time now, it is because I will be living in a tent is sub freezing temps for a couple of weeks:):D For some reason us guys call this stuff fun hahaha!!!

Chris

that is great you are down 60lbs! I cant wait to be that far along. I am currently down 39lbs, 18 from my liquid diet..

Hi Northern Nevada people! I heard there was a Reno thread but I hadn't found it until now. I just spoke to Michelle today and have to decide between Dec. 3 and Dec. 17th a WBI for my surgery date. I have to host a small Christmas party for my husband's work on 12/15 so I am not sure which date I should pick. Either way the 3rd or 17th I won't be able to eat (and probably drink for that matter!) I hope the thread gets active again. I would love to be able to get together with people for exercise and encouragement. By the way I have not done a ticker yet but I am 45 years old 5'5" BMI 35.6 and 215 with goal of 135. Hope to hear from you all soon. P.S. She She my doc is Sassie also.

Awesome! Dr. Sasse was great.. You are right that either way you cant eat, But thats not all the party is for.. I say go for the 3rd...

Thanks for the input. I thought about it all last night and I think I am going with the 17th because I have a lot to do to the house before the party and that will give me time to get ready for Christmas. I hope I will feel ok by Christmas but at least I can have an excuse to take it easy instead of trying to be super mom and do everything (usually the night before!) It sounds like I lucked out to get Sasse but I have heard good things about everyone. I guess it is time for me to get serious about the diet now!:whoo:

Hi Unique this is off topic but I noticed you do a lot of rescue work. I have a very sweet lab who we adopted almost two years ago from Reno Animal Control when he was 11 months old. He was totally housebroken and we had no problems. A couple of months ago we boarded him at a doggy day care place for three days. Since then he has been peeing in the house! I try to take him out regularly but he is sneaky. I have used all the urine odor stuff but he still pees in the same 3 or 4 spots. Any suggestions?

Hi Unique this is off topic but I noticed you do a lot of rescue work. I have a very sweet lab who we adopted almost two years ago from Reno Animal Control when he was 11 months old. He was totally housebroken and we had no problems. A couple of months ago we boarded him at a doggy day care place for three days. Since then he has been peeing in the house! I try to take him out regularly but he is sneaky. I have used all the urine odor stuff but he still pees in the same 3 or 4 spots. Any suggestions?

First of all, bless you for adopting him. Gosh, I wish more folks would. Yes, I have an idea for you. Since I have five...count 'em five..adoptees I am forever looking for things to help with "accidents". The product I'm using right now is: Don Aslett Concentrated X-O Odor Neutralizer..it eliminates the odors so the dog doesn't keep going in the same place. So far it has worked with my old guy, a deaf malmut, who likes my expensive entry rug!! I know what you mean about being sneaky, believe me..the web site to order on line is: Don Aslett. There's a spray bottle with the product that is only $5.45 so if it doesn't work you're not out a fortune. Hope this works for you. Let me know!!!

I have Rosco who is a golden retriever who we got when he was eleven months old as well and, like your guy, he's so sweet. He's eight now. He got given up because while he was CHAINED UP ALL DAY, he ate a jet ski...Go figure. Sorry. I'm very passionate about this stuff. I just can't imagine tying a puppy or any dog up at all let alone for hours. I have one more story for you (I can't resist). I have a 14 year-old Samoyed who I adopted a couple of years ago. He was a one-owner dog..they'd had him since he was six weeks old and they gave him up to the Humane Society because THEY WANTED A PUPPY INSTEAD!!

Okay, I'm done. Again, I hope the spray stuff helps and let me know if it does or not.

I have not been "on" because I did not want anybody to get disappointed and NOT do the surgery based on my failure...

The band has not "worked" as well for me as I expected it should have.

I see ALL these fantastic success stories online.

So... I guess I expected to be more successful than I am.

I decided that one of the things I would do to help is "get back on lapband talk.com" to try and figure out "why" the band / or me is not doing what I expected.

I am also seeing a eating disorder phsycologist to hopefully help too.

I use to work out ALOT with a personal trainer and since I had stopped working out with a personal trainer my body frame has gotten smaller (because less muscle bulk) but weight loss is almost non existant.

I just don't feel satiated; EXCEPT once since being banded.

I was crying today because I am sooooooo tired of feeling hungry.

Laurie the fill nurse said I was at my band capacity (4.00cc).

She suggested going back on the "bariactric shakes" to help with weight loss. DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER HOW STARVING WE WERE? And the only thing that kept us going was: shakes were a pre requisite for surgery. And we all wanted to majical surgery.

Pam!

I'm SO excited that you posted. I read all your past messages and I was so hoping you'd come back. It seems like you were the one who got everyone together from the Reno area to post. That was before my time posting but your messages were truly inspirational because they were so honest as is this most recent one. So...Laurie says you're at capacity..I thought they could put up to 5cc's in. I think that's what she herself told me. Maybe I'm mistaken. Yes, I remember the liquid shake two weeks. My Lord....May I ask what exactly you're eating, if you don't mind? Are you eating Protein first, then veggies and then fruits (i.e. carbs)? The Protein allegedly is supposed to fill us up! Sometimes it does for me and others it doesn't. That's what Vicki had told me to do. See, I gained weight and had to have my surgery postponed..that was before the liquid diet.. I was devastated!! Now..I have to really watch myself because I find myself reaching for food ALL the time! It sounds like you haven't gained any weight and that's a great thing, because, if you're like me you would have gained all your weight back in the past preband. I was banded two months after you and I was expecting to buy new clothes in Jan. 2008..well, it ain't gonna happen!! I have found too that if I get too down on myself about all this, I EAT MORE! Just what I need!

Anyway, sorry this so choppy. I keep going from one subject to the other but I'm just excited about getting to know you. Anytime I can be an ear for you to sound off to, I'm here. Maybe if we do this together, we can help each other!!

Take care. Please don't get down on yourself! I can tell you are a GOOD person. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!

Unique:

Do you work at The Humane Society? If you do, we probably know each other, I visit there ALL the time.... and have a business relationship with them as well.

You asked what I ate: Well.... I try to follow a sensible Weight Watchers meal plan, but obviously I am not too good at it. I thought the band would help with that situation. And I am not "bagging" on the band; I just do not experience what everybody else experiences.

So... I eat a South Beach High Protien Breakfast bar for Breakfast, and coffee (which to help curb my appetite I just started drinking coffee with caffeine) I use to ONLY drink decaffeinated.

At lunch I typically eat a single serving of Green Giant carrots and broccolli along with a Lean Cuisine lunch.< /p>

dinner I try and eat a sensible dinner with family etc. and it can range anywhere from a can (or 1/2 can of Chili) to salad to anything that is not fried. I can not eat anything fried, I get stuck everytime; every single time!

Then most nights I eat a weight watchers ice cream.

I CAN eat anything and everything I want (including bread)without issue except fried food or "shredded meat" or tuna. Everything else is free game.

Initially the fill Nurse told me to stop eating salads because of high calorie dressing; but I love salads, so I have in the last couple of months been trying to eat more Protein and less salads; and it has not made a difference on the scale.

I don't have to eat Protein first because I don't experience my pouch getting "full". I stop eating because I should not be eating more than I am; NOT that I feel satiated. So the "protein first" rule of thumb is not a concern to me. However! If I eat the single serving no sugar pudding; my pouch feels "heavy"; so that is an interesting feeling. I can "guzzle" beverages no problem.

I am going to write a seperate post, because this one is getting LONG.

You know how you are "suppose to" drink liquid for the first 24-48 hours after a fill? Well the understanding behind that is to make sure you "ease" back into making sure you don't over do it on a smaller band.

After my fill today I THINK I am possibly experiencing some restriction for the first time I THINK. So in a few days I will know more.

I ate some Soup after my fill today and was surprized that I stopped eating 1/2 through the can of Soup. I did not know if I was emotionally not eating from coming to the realization that the band may not have been my Knight in shining armor or if I just experienced restriction. So then tonight still trying to "test the waters" I may have experienced restriction because I ate 1/4 # grilled meat patty and felt that I did not need to eat anymore. Hmmmmmmmm I just don't know what to think about this.

On the weekends we go out to breakfast and I typically eat 1 egg/a few bites of hash browns and a piece of toast with coffee, and I stop eating because I know that is all what I should be eating NOT that I feel satiated.

So what is your experience?

What is your weight loss rate?

I just started going to a group therapy on eating disorders, NOW THAT is an eye opener; I have learned ALOT about my eating habits, or maybe I already knew about them but never recognized them.

I can tell you that when I get hungry I overeat, so I try to eat before I "get hungry"