Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Hey Chris and Pam,

I go in on the 29th. I haven't lost a thing since I left for Texas. Haven't gained either but.....boy can I ever eat a lot more than a couple of weeks ago. I have to get serious again!

I had my pre-op appointment last week and just started my liquid diet today. I do not like the shakes and was only able to drink three of them. I quess when I get real hungry I will be able and wanting to do more but today I really had to force myself. At least I wasn't hungry. I am worried that I will not drop the 10% in weight that they ask of you before surgery. Do you all meet that requirement?

I didn't meet that requirement (it was 10 pounds for me) and Dr. Ganser never said a word. Who's doing your surgery?

Dr. Sasse is doing my surgery and he didn't say anything about the 10% when I had my appointment with him last week. But then again I hadn't started the liquid diet yet.

By the way, how are you doing? Feeling and healing ok?

I'm still tired - I definitely need to up my Protein intake! I'm sore in my port area - not the incisions, but the port itself. I'm rather short waisted and so where my port is, it feels as though it's catching under my ribcage. By the end of the day I'm rather uncomfortable.

I talked with Dr. Ganser about it at my post op this week and he explained that he had few options in placement, due to the short waisted thing. He wants me to wait the entire six weeks to see if when the internal swelling goes down, the port lowers and adjusts on it's own.

Other than that, doing alright! Mushies are great - not too hungry!

The liquid diet sucks, doesn't it?? Hang in there, it'll be over before you know it!

Alicia, you will never get used to the shakes:( But you need to drink them. Make sure you drink LOTS of broth it helps!!

The 10% is an old rule and not really valid anymore. They just want you to stay on the liquid program to show you can stick with it. Don't cheat! you will really like the progress you make. The thing that I liked was Broccoli at dinner time.

Chris

Alicia, actually I never really minded the shakes. I used the blender and added ice, strawberries and sometimes sugar free choc. Syrup. I thought/think they are pretty good. I was banded on March 7th and I just had one again this morning. I really need my Protein and I have just continued to drink them, just not as often as I had to earlier Chris is right, you need to drink them. So experiment a little. With the vanilla you can add different flavors etc.

Gail

The berry (:)) best to you Alicia!

Gail, you feeling lonely???:)

HeADING in for my second fill today. Will let you know how it goes.

Pam, howw was your fill?? did you notice a difference yet

Chris

Well, the "test" thing was because with all these changes on the board etc. somewhere along the way my ticker thingy disappeared. So now it is back on again.

Be sure to let me know how that fill is working. I go in on the 29th. I am able to eat too much so I sure hope it gives me some restriction. I haven't gained this last few weeks but, I haven't lost either. Too much "no no" foods!

I haven't heard from Pam, hope everything is ok. We are riding quads and motorcycle this weekend. Not going anywhere in particular. It's kinda cool to ride right from our front door and be in the desert in about two blocks. Do you know where Bodie is? We will probably ride in that direction.

Have a nice/great weekend Chris and Pam and everyone else!

Gail

That is exactally what I have going on right now. Not any gain, but not any loss either.

I am working all weekend. 2 days of OT and one day of tripple time!!! Can't pass any of that up:)

I don't like going anywhere this weekend

Chris

Well, it wasn't quite as bad as I was afraid it would be. Even tho I have not been very loyal to my band this month, I still lost 3.4 lbs. I count myself fortunate, believe me.

I now have 2 cc in a 4 cc band (9.75cm) Don't know if I have any restriction yet. liquids ya know!

Chris, how did your fill and appt. go?

Pam where the heck are you? How did your fill and appt. go?

Gail

Fill went good. I have lost about 3 pounds this week from the fill. Eating is changing some so it looks like we are close. They only put in 1/2 cc and I complained some. I am glad they went as slow as they did now.

Pam, how is it going

Chris

I had a question for you all. I know the guidelines for what types of food I should be eating week by week, but when did you try more solid foods? When I went in for my post op appoinment last week they told me that I was not eating enough (I have been very tired). I just can't stomach more pudding, yogurt, shakes, or etc. right now.

try some more solid things now. Mashed potatoes worked well for me. I also started working on mushies sooner than I should have. Go slow and see what you can tolorate

Chris