Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oct 7th....Now I'm nervous!

Only thing left to be done now is my venous Doppler and 2nd set of labs. I start my pre-op diet on the 23rd.

Now that I finally have a date, my nerves are kicking in. I'm so excited and a little scared at same time.

I am my grandfather's primary care giver, so I will have to hire a nurse to come while I'm down.

I have never been very disciplined with much of anything. So I'm praying that I can change my ways and really follow this new lifestyle to the "T"

I have sleep apnea and asthma and between my nebulizer and C-pap, I am more than tired of these machines running my life. I need to get right for myself and my kids and I just need to stay focused and hopefully the three loved ones that actually know what I'm going through will support and help me when I feel like I may slip back to old habits.

This is the best and hardest thing I have ever done for myself in my life.

Is anyone else afraid they may really struggle with the change?

I'm worried and excited and anxious too. My date is Oct 10th. I've been looking forward to getting a surgery date for months and now that I have it my nerves are all haywire. I'm guessing this is normal...or hoping it is haha.

I just keep telling myself I know what to do, I know how to eat and I want to be healthier for myself and my family.

I'm also starting to have all these irrational fears. The best I can relate it to is having an MRI in the past and feeling claustrophobic. I would think "what if the power goes out and I'm stuck in here?" Or "what if I get a cramp and need to move but can't?". Why am I driving myself nuts!? I might ask my doctor for some anxiety meds at my appointment tomorrow. :/

At least I'm not alone. I too have been waiting to schedule the date and now that I have, the days are ticking away. And as I'm making plans for nurses and sitters, my mom slips in these comments about "What if something goes wrong during surgery or you have complications afterwards?" She keeps pushing for me to have extra days in place "Just in case"

That just adds stress to my own fears.

Welcome Chass. This is a good place to be. :) Ajay, I feel I know everything will be fine but the nervousness keeps creeping in. I think your Mom is going to be surprised at how fast you bounce back. From reading so many stories here, most people took time off work and realized after surgery that they really didn't need to. Your Mom is just being a Mom. Mine makes the same comments and it's annoying, but we know the statistics and as long as we are prepared for complications and what to look for should they arise, we will be fine. Later today I'll be stressed out again and will have to remind myself of all this. Haha

My date is October 7 th too! :-). I have occasional freak out moments, but for the most part are am just ready to get the surgery part over with! I know the beginning will be really hard and I am glad I have the support of my husband and close friends. I am ready to change my life and live healthy.

October 7th will be a good day!! :-)

I don't have my date yet but my final nutrition appointment is scheduled for October 2 and they said the dates are usually within 2 to 3 weeks from your final nutrition appointment so I think I will be toward the end of October.

I was so excited the first couple months and now that it's looming in front of me I am also very nervous!! I think it's completely normal and I find myself putting my nerves aside to concentrate on the checklist of things that I know I need to do to prepare and have in order so that when the day comes I can just relax and have a countdown ready. But definitely nervous!

I don't have my date yet but my final nutrition appointment is scheduled for October 2 and they said the dates are usually within 2 to 3 weeks from your final nutrition appointment so I think I will be toward the end of October.

I was so excited the first couple months and now that it's looming in front of me I am also very nervous!! I think it's completely normal and I find myself putting my nerves aside to concentrate on the checklist of things that I know I need to do to prepare and have in order so that when the day comes I can just relax and have a countdown ready. But definitely nervous!

I remember my nutrition appointments. I had to do 3 months. I'm counting down the days to get it over and start my journey.