Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will i love my sleeve? :-/

I would say 6 weeks was a turning point for me. I hated my sleeve at first, not almost 4 month PO, I LOVE IT! I can eat what I want, just in small portions, your capacity will slowly increase over time. You will get there, really! I was afraid I had ruined my life. Now I realize I saved it! Hang on there, this too shall pass.

Kim2002 How are things going after a few more weeks? I'm pre-op and your post caused me to be concerned with moving forward.

It has gotten easier!! I am to a point that I can eat ALOT more stuff and it is so much better!! I even enjoyed Mexican food this past week:) I've lost 37lbs so far:)

Very glad to hear that you're feeling better!!!

It has gotten easier!! I am to a point that I can eat ALOT more stuff and it is so much better!! I even enjoyed Mexican food this past week:) I've lost 37lbs so far:)

Wooojooo! :)

That is good to hear. I read the post a month ago and it really got me thinking, "what will I be doing to myself"? Now I am approved by my insurance and I need to make a decision.

Pjknits & cssleve how are you guys now. You were miserable too.

One of the things about a lot of hreads is that they share a problem, but they are rarely updated to say that everything is better. Then when someone is thinking about getting sleeved and reads old threads they get a freaked out. I have even wondered if people have died... Then I see a later post and they are fine.

Hang in there.....the positive aspects of weight loss far outweigh the negative. I just went through my closet and donated all my 2 3and 4X clothes. I was sleeved 5 June. Down 76 lbs. sometimes it's a challenge while watching others eat, but getting sleeved is the best decision I ever made.

That is good to hear. I read the post a month ago and it really got me thinking' date=' "what will I be doing to myself"? Now I am approved by my insurance and I need to make a decision. Pjknits & cssleve how are you guys now. You were miserable too. One of the things about a lot of hreads is that they share a problem, but they are rarely updated to say that everything is better. Then when someone is thinking about getting sleeved and reads old threads they get a freaked out. I have even wondered if people have died... Then I see a later post and they are fine.[/quote'] I hope that you haven't been frightened away from the best thing that you can do for yourself. In the beginning it is normal to be nervous, or scared and have the what ifs.... I've been there, done that myself. I remember the first couple of months after my surgery I wondered what the hell did I do to myself??!! Being sad cause I couldn't eat or drink like the " old " me , only being able to sip or eat a couple if bites of food . From my own personal experience these were feelings of fear ... Fear of change, fear of becoming someone different. This is an amazing journey with ups and downs.... There is definitely a mental challenge to it.... Once you come to the mindset that this is a positive thing, that you don't want to be the " old " you things start to change.... I'm now 11 months post-op , down 97 lbs, have lots of energy and yes, I CAN gulp Water !!!! I can eat 4 oz of food per setting. Life is wonderful!!!!

I had my surgery June 4th (4 months out) I have lost 52 lbs, starting weight was 194, I had a lot of health issues.. I am not on any medication for thyroid or HTN.. It honestly took me about 6-8 weeks before I felt "normal" I finally can gulp Water and eat anything except bread. I can eat bread but I feel like crap after. So I just stay away from it which had helped weight loss. Im 7 lbs away from my goal weight of 135. It had been the best decision of my life yet the hardest one of my life! Im healthier now and I have more energy! Stick to it and take one day at a time, I don't even think about it anymore.. Like it's a way of life! I can't help but smile everyday!

post-59606-13813670603089_thumb.jpg

post-59606-13813670603869_thumb.jpg

I just want to encourage any "pre-ops" out there. After surgery I had no pain except minor discomfort in the shoulder from gas. I haven't been nauseated or thrown up once. If you hate Protein Drinks, please try Unjury. The chocolate splendor tastes llike hot chocolate, the chicken Soup is tasty, and the unflavored can be added to so many things without any taste. It takes a few weeks to get your energy back, but this is temporary. Ask for help and nap when you can. Take your Vitamins, B-12, and Calcium. Drink throughout the day, just stopping 1/2 or so before eating, and wait for 1/2 or so after. It really doesn't have to be difficult. For so many of us it has been an extremely positive experience every step of the way. You can do this! :)

I'm seeing a difference but still have a way to go. I so love myself.

AWESOME!!!

Ya'll look great and this is a great thread.

Today is two months since my surgery. I feel much, much better and am thrilled with my weight loss!

I got to a good point on the new sleeved way of eating and then had to wean off dairy because of reflux. Taking the dairy out (really, taking the milk and whey Protein out, because I still have some cheese every day) made a huge difference in my reflux but required me to re-learn (again!) how to eat.

Now fish and chicken and deli meat make up a big part of my daily menus.

Bottom line: I don't regret the surgery at all. When you're in transition, it's hard and the combination of recovering and changing long-entrenched habits at the same time was a tall order. But I'm doing it and I'm really happy that I feel my life is more in control and I'm healthier every day!

So far this has been the hardest thing I've EVER done as far as weight loss goes!!! I am down somedays because it is hard to eat more than a few bites, some days I just want to chug Water or tea like I use to! I know I'm only 4 weeks and a few days out, but really when does it get easier???? I'm following everything I'm suppose to do.....it's just so dang hard! Wait to drink, eat this at this time, take this Vitamin 2 hrs before this vitamin....and on!!! Please some reassurance....it's been a HARD DAY!!

Kim

I felt the same way for months, I couldn't decide if I regretted the surgery or not. I would get aggravated that I could only eat a few bites and couldn't drink and eat at the same time. I still continued to drink and eat at the same time as that was something I didn't want to give up. It took about 9 months for my stomach to stretch a little bit before I was able to say I truly enjoy having the sleeve done. Now a little over a year out I love it, I'm able to eat but not over eat. I still struggle with not wanting to eat though, I may think I really want something but after a couple of bites I'm not full I just "over it".