Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I had surgery on 8/29/13 highest weight 287. Day of surgery weight 269, today I'm 262. Not sure if I'm losing weight fast enough. Is anyone else also a slow loser??? Good thing total weight lost with preop diet is a total of 25 pounds. Since surgery only 7 pounds.

I know I probably shouldn't have' date=' but I got on the scale tonight. I was sleeved 8/28. As of 9/4 (the last time I got on the scale), I was down 16 pounds. Tonight it said I was up 1.5 pounds. This can't be right. I have barely eaten anything the last two days because everything keeps making me nauseous! Ugh! So frustrated![/quote']

I gained 3lbs overnight 2 weeks ago. Don't worry, it'll come back off.

Sleeved on Aug 21 so almost 3 weeks sleeved. It was rough the first week, very fatigued 1,2 week. I have been gettingup walking since day 6, 10 mins to start now up to 30 minutes 5-6 days a week. I start my Protein at 6am vanilla Protein Powder in decafe chai tea, then I eat every 3-4 hours. I had my last meal at 10pm. I am getting in my 64-84 gms of protein, but with such small servings it is hard without having 2 Protein Drinks a day. I have not gone back to work yet as I work nights and my job can be very demanding. Weighed at my Dr's office 13 days after surgery and was down 11 pounds. I don't like weighing daily, it drives me crazy. I don't want to be that neurotic woman who screams if the scale doesn't budge. Been there done that. This is a way of life, not a diet. Thisis what I tell myself, if I say it enough it might come true.

Any newbies out there? Has my surgery on 8/27 and looking for new Sleevers to go through the journey with.

Hi, I also had my surgery in August. I'm not doing well at all. I have been in the hospital twice since my surgery on the 27th. I can't seem to keep down any liquids with out pain. So, I've been severely dehydrated and doctors are saying I'm having spasms in my stomach.

Hi guys I had first follow up on the 5th and I'm down 19 pounds so that's 38.9 including pre op weight loss. I was wondering if anyone plans their meals for the day or week. What seems to work?

My surgery was 8/29. Getting ready to live my new life!!!

I had my surgery on the 29th as well an I feel awesome. Today is my first day back at work and with only taking a week off and not telling people they are like so confused at how I lost weigt so fast it's so funny!! Continue to live Im so proud of us !!!!

I plan my day during the work week. Each morning, I get up and grab a bottle of Water to sip on while I'm getting ready for work and commuting. I try to be finished with the bottle by the time I get to work. I open my 2nd bottle at work and try to finish it before lunch. For Breakfast, I have a 45 calorie yogurt and take my meds. Around 10, I have a Protein Drink worth 30 grams of Protein. At lunch I really try to pour on the protein, i.e., a can of tuna (in water - drained) with 2 oz of salsa. In the afternoon, I try to polish off a 3rd bottle of water and around 3, I get in 1 more protein drink (30 g. protein). I also keep sugar free Jello just in case I need it. When I get home, I try to come up with another high protein item. Sometimes a piece of steak or maybe some light cheese. I always try to allow for a snack before bed. Sometimes a couple of sugar free popsicles or even a Protein Bar, depending on my calories for the day. I usually stay around 850 calories and about 90+ g. of protein for the day. Yesterday for dinner I had grilled zuccini slices with garlic and salt. Then I topped them with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and little bit of light shredded cheese. Was really good. I do struggle some days with what to eat. Sometimes I'm just sick of meat :)

Sometimes I'm just sick of meat :)

When did you have your surgery? You are doing great. I'm afraid my body may be in starvation mode as can't seem to get in that many calories without becoming too full. I can't tolerate any meats and most veggies yet. I'm not missing the red meats because I only ate fish and rarely poultry before being sleeved. However, I do miss my veggies.

Edited by LadyJay

Sleeved on 8/23/13. Came home the next day without any drains! I am on full liquids and semi solids! The first week was rough however when i started back on my chewable B Complex it made a huge difference!! (hospital said to quit taking it, that was a no no) . As long as i get my Protein in and my B complex then i feel good most days, although i do get tired easily. I came back to work after a week. I am good with keeping the liquids down, i have a hard time with the food because i keep trying to eat too fast. (pain & nausea) I would love to stay connected with the other August sleevers as we go through this journey!!

I plan my day during the work week. Each morning' date=' I get up and grab a bottle of Water to sip on while I'm getting ready for work and commuting. I try to be finished with the bottle by the time I get to work. I open my 2nd bottle at work and try to finish it before lunch. For breakfast, I have a 45 calorie yogurt and take my meds. Around 10, I have a Protein drink worth 30 grams of protein. At lunch I really try to pour on the protein, i.e., a can of tuna (in water - drained) with 2 oz of salsa. In the afternoon, I try to polish off a 3rd bottle of water and around 3, I get in 1 more protein drink (30 g. protein). I also keep sugar free Jello just in case I need it. When I get home, I try to come up with another high protein item. Sometimes a piece of steak or maybe some light cheese. I always try to allow for a snack before bed. Sometimes a couple of sugar free popsicles or even a protein bar, depending on my calories for the day. I usually stay around 850 calories and about 90+ g. of protein for the day. Yesterday for dinner I had grilled zuccini slices with garlic and salt. Then I topped them with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and little bit of light shredded cheese. Was really good. I do struggle some days with what to eat. Sometimes I'm just sick of meat :)[/quote']

What protein drinks are u drinking?

I plan my day during the work week. Each morning' date=' I get up and grab a bottle of Water to sip on while I'm getting ready for work and commuting. I try to be finished with the bottle by the time I get to work. I open my 2nd bottle at work and try to finish it before lunch. For breakfast, I have a 45 calorie yogurt and take my meds. Around 10, I have a Protein drink worth 30 grams of protein. At lunch I really try to pour on the protein, i.e., a can of tuna (in water - drained) with 2 oz of salsa. In the afternoon, I try to polish off a 3rd bottle of water and around 3, I get in 1 more protein drink (30 g. protein). I also keep sugar free Jello just in case I need it. When I get home, I try to come up with another high protein item. Sometimes a piece of steak or maybe some light cheese. I always try to allow for a snack before bed. Sometimes a couple of sugar free popsicles or even a protein bar, depending on my calories for the day. I usually stay around 850 calories and about 90+ g. of protein for the day. Yesterday for dinner I had grilled zuccini slices with garlic and salt. Then I topped them with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and little bit of light shredded cheese. Was really good. I do struggle some days with what to eat. Sometimes I'm just sick of meat :)[/quote']

What protein drinks are u drinking?

I was sleeved on 8/30 and left the hospital on 9/1. Dr ordered one week on clear fluids (no protein). I kind of started purées on Sunday, but it's not going well. I'm not getting my 64 oz fluids and I'm definitely not hitting 60 g Protein. I found one Protein Shake (Click Espresso) I can tolerate in terms of taste and have realized that its responsible for my urgent diarrhea -- so it's back to the drawing board. Good news is I'm down to 280 lbs today (that's 21 lbs post-surgery).

I'm going to try nectar Unflavored with SF pudding later tonight. Anyone try that?

Also, what's the word on baby food? Anyone use it?

My Magic Bullet died on me, so I'm waiting for my replacements: a B&D food chopper and an Oster Beehive blender. They should be here tomorrow. Yayy!

I plan my day during the work week. Each morning' date=' I get up and grab a bottle of Water to sip on while I'm getting ready for work and commuting. I try to be finished with the bottle by the time I get to work. I open my 2nd bottle at work and try to finish it before lunch. For breakfast, I have a 45 calorie yogurt and take my meds. Around 10, I have a Protein drink worth 30 grams of protein. At lunch I really try to pour on the protein, i.e., a can of tuna (in water - drained) with 2 oz of salsa. In the afternoon, I try to polish off a 3rd bottle of water and around 3, I get in 1 more protein drink (30 g. protein). I also keep sugar free Jello just in case I need it. When I get home, I try to come up with another high protein item. Sometimes a piece of steak or maybe some light cheese. I always try to allow for a snack before bed. Sometimes a couple of sugar free popsicles or even a protein bar, depending on my calories for the day. I usually stay around 850 calories and about 90+ g. of protein for the day. Yesterday for dinner I had grilled zuccini slices with garlic and salt. Then I topped them with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and little bit of light shredded cheese. Was really good. I do struggle some days with what to eat. Sometimes I'm just sick of meat. [/quote']

You must be further along to have all of those options! Unless you're puréeing them? When did you have your surgery?

I do like how you've made your routine though. It's helpful to see what to be working towards.

Oh wow! Just had a Celebrate Multi-Vitamin and it came right back up....may be too soon. Sleeved the 29th...B12 has been fine but first time trying the multi-vitamin. Will be a while until I do that again. Any multi-vitamin faves?