Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That is exactly how I feel Neal! I have lost 18 lbs since surgery aug 19 but I am in my stall and i am feeling like I am doing something wrong. I have not lost anything in almost a week. I have tried and failed so many times I feel like this is going to be the same thing. I am going to be the one person on here that this does not work for!

I can't fail at this.

Have no worries, remember most of us were yoyo dieters, our bodies are used to going in and out of starvation mode and up and down on the scale. This is permanent and our bodies have not realized it yet... give it time... and stop stressing, Our adrenal glands can still produce cortisol so relax.... count your calories and try weighing only on Fridays. I know its hard but we have each other for support. We got this!

Hay fellow sleeveers :) my name is Crystal I'm from Los angeles' date=' CA I just download this app today and I'm slowly learning how to work it! I had my sleeve done 8/26 I went in weighing 239 today I'm 224 I'm so looking forward to this journey[/quote']

Welcome! I've been on VST for awhile and have learned so much.

I was revised from band to sleeve on 8/26..I live in South NJ..I had my surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia. I did awesome! No problems. I was sore first few days..able to get fluids and Protein in from the start. Went back to work after 8 days. Walking 30 minutes per day. I'm still on full liquids.. I can't wait to start puréed this week..I'm still a little sluggish..my head is ready to get up and go but my body is saying relax and let me heal!! My incisions are almost healed (they were glued). I feel good!!

I hit the dreaded 3 week stall last Monday but I just stayed with it. Today I weighed and I've lost 4 lbs. Whoop whoop! I look in the mirror and I'm like...who's the girl with the skinnier face looking back at me?!?! Lol! I've officially lost 30lbs. 13lbs prior to surgery and 17lbs since surgery. My starting weight was 224lbs and I'm 5'1". Current weight 194lbs. I was sleeved 8/19.

I was revised from band to sleeve on 8/26.

Karinb, I was also a revision from band to sleeve and also on the 26th. Glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm right there with you. I've been struggling a bit with heartburn the past couple days, but definitely nothing I can't handle. Hope it continues to go well for you and good luck!

I think most of us are weighing ourselves too often and expecting the numbers to consistently drop. I say stay off the scale. Maybe weigh in once a week if u must. Our bodies need to heal and get accustomed to our new sleeves. Follow doctors plans/diets and have patience the weight will come off. I have faith that we can do this we just need to stress less about it. Just my 2 cents I advice :)

Hi' date=' I know I am not technically an august sleever (had surgery sep 4th) but wondering if there is a fb group that would let me in? Many sep sleevers havent gone yet and I have so many questions etc. Thanks[/quote']

I had mine august 1st.

So true!! I know I keep thinking what if I am the one person this doesn't work with. I so proud of my dr when I went back for my one week check up. I kept asking about goal weights and progress and he kept saying don't think about that. Just work the program. For me, this surgery brings hope back to me again

I've been the opposite lately, I use to sleep with the temp. At 68º now I sleep at 70-72º weird huh! My guess would be the same as yours (thyroid) but at the same time your body needs time to adjust. Are you tired at all?

Yes, I'm always tired and if I try to do too much forget about it. It's hard to stay hydrated with this extreme sweating.

My surgery was on the 29th. I am doing good. The one thing I miss is "chewing". On Week 3 I will be able to eat tuna fish, crab and soft fish...cannot wait. My first supper is already planned salmon and pureed green Beans and orange Crystal Lite with scoop of Unjury. After day 7 struggling a little bit with keeping mindset on full liquids, but it is a necessity and I can do it. My problem is getting my Water in. I have sippy cups of water all over my apartment with a oz of water. So where ever I end up, there is a oz of water resting nearby. :)

Hi all, I hope you can help me. I've been trying to reach my friend all week who had surgery on the same day I did. I finally heard from her today and she is still so nauseous. We had surgery on 8/29 and she has been nauseous every day since. She's throwing up every day since also. I told her to go get some Gas-X and even try some Pedialyte but was wondering if anyone else is had that experience and has any suggestions.

I haven't had any nausea or any problems so I feel bad that I don't have any advice for her. She's really having a tough time so any advice would be great.

Thank you!

- Jen, Sleeved 8/29

Sleeved on the 30th an dcannot believe today is a week

I would say I feel ok , the more I move the better I feel but afterwards feel totally exhausted

Ran an errand for 30 minutes and was wiped out rest of day............worried about back to work Monday

Crushing meds soe are ok others so bitter I stopped them.........

Can anyone recommend brand for chewable Vitamin? I tried ine day opurity and it made me very nausous

I take gummy vitamins and just let them melt on my mouth, I take my daily vitamin and my Vit D this way

Hi all' date=' I hope you can help me. I've been trying to reach my friend all week who had surgery on the same day I did. I finally heard from her today and she is still so nauseous. We had surgery on 8/29 and she has been nauseous every day since. She's throwing up every day since also. I told her to go get some Gas-X and even try some Pedialyte but was wondering if anyone else is had that experience and has any suggestions.

I haven't had any nausea or any problems so I feel bad that I don't have any advice for her. She's really having a tough time so any advice would be great.

Thank you!

- Jen, Sleeved 8/29[/quote']

Same thing happened to me it lasted 2 weeks. I dry heaved after even taking one sip of Water. Sometimes for no reason at all i would spit up. I was so scared that I had created a leak I went to the ER for a scan which came out clear thank goodness. I have not gotten sick for a week and the pain in my shoulder/chest has subsided.

The anesthesia seems to be the blame. It took a lot longer to get out of my system than the norm. I also think I was taking to big of sips. It's hard to retrain your brain on how to eat and drink.

I would definitely call and tell your doctor to see what they say but you are not alone. My surgery was not without its problems unfortunately but it has gotten better!

I'm four days post op. my problem was Constipation but getting a handle on that. Doc said I did not have to crush meds thank god. I had one nurse do it and all I did was throw up. Nice for my incisions. I do the gummi Vitamins just fine. Going to start stepping up on Protein . My girlfriend found a great frozen yogurt bar which I can tolerate right now. Six grams of protein better than nothing. Baby steps . Going after cream of wheat tomorrow . As far as sleeping I actually put a pillow under my stomach and lay that way. Hurts like hell for a second but then calms down. I'm a stomach sleeper. Need the option.... You will all do fine. I too check the weight often. Hitting a stall is normal for us all in our diet histories. It passes and we continue. Peace to all of us

I got mine done on 8/20. Would love to connect with a few ppl! I surely didn't realize how intense of a life changer the surgery was.