Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquids.. eeewww.. lol..

I'm supposed to be on clear liquid for a week and then all liquids for another week then pureed food for another week.. I was wondering, since I can't really drink much and I've only been on Clear Liquids for 4 days, what would happen if I start drinking yogurt 5 days post op? I've noticed some people were on clear liquids for a few days, I've done lots of research and it seems ok.. but I just wanted to get other opinions. Looking for ANY way to get more Protein in.. thanks in advance!

I was on full liquids from the day I left the hospital but it was highly emphasized to get the hydration in before the Protein. If your surgeon wants you to do clear liquids for a week than move on to full liquids I would honestly follow their instructions. Do you have a nutritionist you can call to get their opinion?

The best advice I can give is to stick with your doctor's plan. The first few weeks the focus is on getting in enough liquids and giving your tummy enough time to get the healing process started. It's true that the plan can vary from doctor to doctor, but generally they have a reason for the choices they've made in their diet plan. At the very least, I wouldn't move forward without talking to your doctor and/or your NUT.

As hard as it is, follow your doctor's plan as best you can! Remember that you are also working on your head, and you do not want to teach your head that 'just a little exception is OK'. At least my mind would take over if I gave it a chance!

I know it is hard when everyone seems to be on a different post-op plan, but you really need to follow YOUR doctors plan, not someone else's plan. There might be a specific reason your doctor has you on Clear Liquids and you can really harm your sleeve if you progress too quickly. If you want to go off your post-op plan, I would talk to your doctor first. I know how hard the post-op part is when you are wanting to eat food and are still on liquids- we have all been there and it sucks. But, before you know it you will be off liquids and eating food and feeling so much better. Hang in there- you can do this!

I'm still 6 weeks pre op but my plan is to kill two birds with one stone by drinking 2 Isopures a day (that's 80 grams of Protein and 40 oz liquid) then Water or Powerade zero to hopefully get up to the 68 oz of Fluid. I'm not going to push it, but that's the game plan for post op clear liquids.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches