Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Hey there everyone. Today has been a great day. My wife's surgery went great and the surgeon was extremely happy afterwards. I have spent the entire day at the hospital, lots of waiting and walking around between the waiting room, cafeteria, the car, her room, etc. I was able to get a total of 3.06 miles in today which puts my final total for the month of September at 126.9! I still can't believe I was able to do this so soon. Thank you everyone for the motivation! Great job and I can't wait to see everyone's progression next month!

Didn't make goal this month but def def def moved more this month than I ever have. Logged over 45 miles for month... So not disappointed. New challenge starts tomorrow!

Aww' date=' come on!'! Don't leave me hanging! Get up and do another .5!!!!! :)[/quote']

ok Georgia...just for you I went for another spin around the block at 11 pm in my Jammie's! This makes my total for this challenge an even 200 miles.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey there everyone. Today has been a great day. My wife's surgery went great and the surgeon was extremely happy afterwards. I have spent the entire day at the hospital, lots of waiting and walking around between the waiting room, cafeteria, the car, her room, etc. I was able to get a total of 3.06 miles in today which puts my final total for the month of September at 126.9! I still can't believe I was able to do this so soon. Thank you everyone for the motivation! Great job and I can't wait to see everyone's progression next month!

Yay! Glad to hear your wife is doing well :)

Ok people I made it to 101 (put that extra one in just so I don't look like that big of a slug :P)

See you guys on the October thread :)

ok Georgia...just for you I went for another spin around the block at 11 pm in my Jammie's! This makes my total for this challenge an even 200 miles.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Tparker you rock...now we all feel complete....luv georgia!

Shannon

How long after surgery can you start running. My dr said, walking, walking in treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike only at this time

How long after surgery can you start running. My dr said' date=' walking, walking in treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike only at this time[/quote']

I started about 4 months post op. But surely could have started sooner but was afraid to because I was still so heavy. Now I wish I had started sooner.

well last day of the month' date=' 6.71 miles today total 135.31! What a wonderful experience![/quote']

What a great month. I barely kept up with you. :)

Yay! Glad to hear your wife is doing well :) Ok people I made it to 101 (put that extra one in just so I don't look like that big of a slug :P) See you guys on the October thread :)

That's hilarious. Super proud of you flaca for making it and finding your inner fitness freak.

Didn't make goal this month but def def def moved more this month than I ever have. Logged over 45 miles for month... So not disappointed. New challenge starts tomorrow!

I'm glad you're not disappointed. I've said all along the goal IS to push yourself and move more. You did that. Proud of you.

I am reporting late but made it, barely, 100.2 miles. I like to live on the edge. ha ha. I was worried that I wouldn't make my 100 as the end of the month came closer.

See you in the October thread.

Butter, glad to hear you are doing well. Good job everyone. This thread was very motivating for me.

How long after surgery can you start running. My dr said, walking, walking in treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike only at this time

I was 6 weeks post op yesterday and I started this past weekend doing some short running segments in my walking. I started a light jog for about 50 yards at a time. Damn I run hard footed. I felt like Bigfoot running thru the forest hiding from the cameras. I will continue to increase my distance a few more yards at a time. I was going to start the Couch to 5K program this week, but with my wife having her sleeve surgery yesterday, I have decided to push that back to start next week. I cleared starting that program with my Dr. first.

ok Georgia...just for you I went for another spin around the block at 11 pm in my Jammie's! This makes my total for this challenge an even 200 miles. Sent from my iPad using VST

Yeehaw!!! Thank you thank you thank! My faith is restored! Just kidding but you ARE pretty amazing!