Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Dear Isu2868: you have been a continuing inspiration to me throughout this challenge, particularly because you are so recently post-op. I could barely walk around my cul-de-sac at that point! I will say a prayer that your wife's surgery tomorrow goes smoothly, that she have no complications and a quick and easy recovery. Also your new profile pic is great! Can see the weight loss already!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

Thanks, she is very excited. She was due to have surgery 3 weeks ago but it was delayed by the cardiologist. We are excited to take this journey together.

I got in 1.80 miles today for a total of 123.8 miles. I am not sure how much I will get tomorrow with my wife having her sleeve surgery. There will a lot of time and waiting so I will be walking the halls for sure.

I have already started the October challenge link. I hope to see everyone again next month as well as some new faces. Great job everyone!

Thanks' date=' she is very excited. She was due to have surgery 3 weeks ago but it was delayed by the cardiologist. We are excited to take this journey together.[/quote']

Man I almost had my TT delayed by the cardiologist because my HR is so low now. Thank goodness it's all going ahead.

Good luck and best wishes for your wife's sleeve. She's gonna do great having you with her.

Man I almost had my TT delayed by the cardiologist because my HR is so low now. Thank goodness it's all going ahead.

Good luck and best wishes for your wife's sleeve. She's gonna do great having you with her.

What is your resting HR at now? I have not checked mine in several months, but I was 44 back around April.

What is your resting HR at now? I have not checked mine in several months' date=' but I was 44 back around April.[/quote']

It was 44 this time.....48 back in January. Anything under 60 I believe is considered bradycardia .

It was 44 this time.....48 back in January. Anything under 60 I believe is considered bradycardia .

It was funny, when I had my sleeve, my resting rate at night was 43. The nurses kept asking me how I was feeling and I kept telling them fine. The 2nd night, the telemetry dept called the nurses to alert them that my resting rate was down to 50. They laughed and said, just wait it will go to low 40's.

It was funny' date=' when I had my sleeve, my resting rate at night was 43. The nurses kept asking me how I was feeling and I kept telling them fine. The 2nd night, the telemetry dept called the nurses to alert them that my resting rate was down to 50. They laughed and said, just wait it will go to low 40's.[/quote']

Back in January they made me where a holter monitor over night and it got as low as 37. They were offering to put in a pace maker. I said f**k you doc....pay off your student loans some other way. LOL

Back in January they made me where a holter monitor over night and it got as low as 37. They were offering to put in a pace maker. I said f**k you doc....pay off your student loans some other way. LOL

The funny thing about this is that I have Afib and cardiomyopathy. So, my heart usually runs fast but apparently when I sleep it slows way down more than usual. The highest my heart has gotten is 190 bpm. That was pretty scary. Thank goodness for meds. Loosing weight won't really help this, but won't hurt.

My total is 192.5 miles.

It was a beautiful day to walk around Washington, D.C. We started at the Lincoln memorial, walked around Korean, WWII, Washington monument, up to the US Capital bldg, thru the botanical gardens, thru the Air and space museum and back to Lincoln for a total of 9 miles!

Sent from my iPad using VST

My total is 192.5 miles. It was a beautiful day to walk around Washington' date=' D.C. We started at the Lincoln memorial, walked around Korean, WWII, Washington monument, up to the US Capital bldg, thru the botanical gardens, thru the Air and space museum and back to Lincoln for a total of 9 miles! Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Wow. What a great month you had. Nice job.

Butter....thanks for starting this thread! I think we all surpassed our personal expectations! Good luck on your surgery.

ISU good luck to your wife on her surgery.

Both of you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using VST

The funny thing about this is that I have Afib and cardiomyopathy. So' date=' my heart usually runs fast but apparently when I sleep it slows way down more than usual. The highest my heart has gotten is 190 bpm. That was pretty scary. Thank goodness for meds. Loosing weight won't really help this, but won't hurt.[/quote']

I have Afib too and a low resting heart rate, usually 45 to 50 bpm. I've had one Afib episode since being sleeved and it was not nearly as distressing so I think the weight loss does help with the symptoms at least. It doesn't stop it from happening though.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

4.05. 113.05 total

Wow! Congrats to all my fellow movers and shakers! We've had a great month!

Cheers to BTB for the motivation ! Best tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers going up!!