Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

Quick what's 88 +5??

Oh 93! Thanks!

Well I just might make it to 100 :P

Talking about squeaking by....

That makes two of us. I told you we were in this together. lol

LV, I just got roped into this. :). I am def not an over achiever. I just can't stand being left out. Lol

I did complete 5 miles making my grand total to date 108.55.

Okay fitness peeps...I reached goal! 106 as this morning! I'm so excited for next month. I hope to multiply my goal by 1.5. We shall see! I'm so proud of everyone and absolutely in awe of some...thanks for the thread Butter :D

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Nice job fitness freaks. Way to rise to the challenge. I'm proud of all of y'all.

I did a short run this morning...3.2 miles.....putting my total at 140.7. That nearly doubles a typical month for me. I will admit, I was a little bummed knowing I won't be running again for a while. Frankly, I've been dreading this day all month. But the run was magnificent. A great trail with my loyal dogs....we just trotted along in no hurry with no great need to set any records. We just took it all in....all the fresh air and greenery.....and at the end the dogs jumped in the pond. I stayed out of course....I have an allergy to snapping turtles.

I surprised myself with how many miles I did total. I'm not tired, I could go on. My body has really responded to the increased demand....but in fairness, I've learned some lessons this month to help it out. In the last few weeks, I've gotten very disciplined about going to bed as early as possible, rather than staying up for no reason and ending up with late night munches. I've also learned the true meaning of eating for fuel. I always thought I did before, but this month has forced me to fine tune my diet to the point that I feel I can run everyday. I've also gotten better about foam rolling and stretching....I don't think my body would have responded so well without it. Lastly, I've learned a very valuable lesson about setting concrete, measurable goals. Not those old vague promises to do "more"....or eat "less"....but an actual goal which seemed questionable to me at first. But having that finish line spurred me onward all month. I can't wait to draw another goal and shoot for that. I hope by November I'll be doing it.

Thanks to each of y'all for joining in. And please do keep it going next month. I'll be cheering for you all.

3 more miles today...puts me at 122 for the month. I still can't believe I have done this much. Kind of hard not to with this much motivation. Great job everyone. I will start the October challenge link tomorrow.

Only 2 for me today....:(. 183.5 total

Sent from my iPad using VST

Sheesh...Lyon deserve to take a break. You've done terrific.

3 more miles today...puts me at 122 for the month. I still can't believe I have done this much. Kind of hard not to with this much motivation. Great job everyone. I will start the October challenge link tomorrow.

Glad you're gonna keep it going next month. You'll be running marathons before you know it.

I think you have done terrific on your daily average by consistently hitting 5+ miles! Great job. No need to use the word "only." ;)

I'm at 87 miles for the month. I was sick last week and missed a few days of running. I'm going to get on the bike today so that I hit the 100 by the end of the day tomorrow. Thanks to BTB for starting this thread!

Walked a little shorty-walk yesterday of 1.4 and today I walked on a park path that I thought was 5 miles but turned out to be 4.9 miles according to the Map My Ride app. No matter that put me at 100.7 miles total so I DID IT!!!!!!

Many thanks and kudos to all who have participated and inspired me to push myself past my comfort-zone, but especially to Butterthebean for starting this thread and challenge. I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow that your surgery is uncomplicated and your recovery quick and easy.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

I want to thank you for starting this challenge. It has been a major thing for me. I have exercised more in the last month than I have in the last 20 years. Seeing both my numbers and everyone else's numbers has been extremely motivating every day. I will make sure that the October challenge is started and hopefully we can gain a few more' date=' as you put it, fitness freaks. This group has become a little family for me and love seeing everyone's progress. Thank you my friend. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Monday morning, I will be at the hospital myself Monday morning waiting patiently as my beautiful wife goes in for her surgery to be sleeved. It will be a great and fun journey for us to do together.[/quote']

Dear Isu2868: you have been a continuing inspiration to me throughout this challenge, particularly because you are so recently post-op. I could barely walk around my cul-de-sac at that point! I will say a prayer that your wife's surgery tomorrow goes smoothly, that she have no complications and a quick and easy recovery. Also your new profile pic is great! Can see the weight loss already!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274

Walked a little shorty-walk yesterday of 1.4 and today I walked on a park path that I thought was 5 miles but turned out to be 4.9 miles according to the Map My Ride app. No matter that put me at 100.7 miles total so I DID IT!!!!!!

Many thanks and kudos to all who have participated and inspired me to push myself past my comfort-zone' date=' but especially to Butterthebean for starting this thread and challenge. I will keep you in my prayers tomorrow that your surgery is uncomplicated and your recovery quick and easy.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274[/quote']

Thanks so much....especially for joining in. You've done great. Next month will be even better for you.

Added another 5 today for a total of 111!

Butter, good luck with your surgery! I'll keep you in my prayers and I hope that you not only have a safe and successful surgery, but a quick and speedy recovery as well.

Isu, my prayers will include your wife as well!

Good job everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST