Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Biotin helps on the hair lost??

As far as I know, there are no scientific data that supports that Biotin helps the Hair loss.

Knowing this, I still take it..lol..I'm hoping it will help the hairs that's growing in to be healthy.

I hear I'm gonna lose some hair after this surgery. Will this be enough hair to be an excuse to buy and wear wigs? How much hairloss are we talking here?

I already lost like 50 to 65℅ of my hair. But I used to have hair for 3 more people Jajajaja. I'm 5 months out, the Dr. Told me to drink Biotin and fish oil. I cut it short short to deal with it, now I just comb it with my hands.

Btw I think is going to be fun if I buy a wig.

My hair is falling out like crazy. You can see scalp now. I feel like crying. My hair was already thin as it was.

I'm so scared to loose my hair! It's always been the one thing I get complimented on. It's the one thing that has helped me to feel a little bit attractive. It has to be the one thing that terrifies me the most about the surgery. :'(

I'm at five months now; still losing hair. My stylist says I've lost about 50%. I had a lot to start with, so it's not too bad, but I can totally tell. She says it should slow down soon. Fingers crossed. I cut about three inches off, blunted it on the ends, and that's helped make it look a little fuller. Not much else I can do. She did say I have a ton of new growth, though. So at least there's that!

I'm 5 months out ;My hair came out in clumps today and made me tear up. Never worn a wig before so today was the first day of many until my hair returns, if it ever does.

For those who are/have lost hair......did you feel your scalp tingle/hurt?

I don't notice my hair falling out.........I'm 2 months out and noticing my scalp tingling/hurtting a little.......

I try not to think of the possible hair loss---I already have thin hair

For those who are/have lost hair......did you feel your scalp tingle/hurt?

I don't notice my hair falling out.........I'm 2 months out and noticing my scalp tingling/hurtting a little.......

I try not to think of the possible hair loss---I already have thin hair

It's weird that you say this because I had that. It's like my scalp is tender or something. I also had some dry scalp issues. I'm using a Tea Tree shampoo/conditioner and that has helped. I was attributing the tender scalp to sunburn, maybe? since I was in the sun a lot and my hair is so much thinner.

I started losing hair at about 2 1/2 months and I'm coming up on 5 months now. It seems like the Hair loss is slowing down. God I hope it's not just wishful thinking! I had a lot of hair to begin with so it's not really noticable to others, but I can really tell that it's not as thick as it used to be. I just got it cut and got bangs which makes it easier to hide. Stylist said she saw lots of "sprouts: lol! So at least I know it's growing back. Looking at the positive!