Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Who else

Well im one week out of surgery. I have started eating more with no problems. I can get all my Protein down. I still struggle with my 64 ounces of Water but i had trouble with drinking water before surgery. Ive lost 11 lbs since surgery but its werid for some reason i dont feel like ive lost that much. Maybe because i have 100 more to go lol

ok thanks I sign tomorrow my consent... Wish me luck.
good luck!!

Yes it was quite the experience. Seeing her so sick brought me down a lot but when I woke this morning and saw her sleeping in her bed I was happy. It was such a drastic change over night even. I have to admit at one point she looked so bad and I'm not religious but I closed my eyes and prayed.

Once I started to feel better, it was miraculous! Got better and better hour by hour and haven't looked back since! Good luck to you both. :-)

Once I started to feel better' date=' it was miraculous! Got better and better hour by hour and haven't looked back since! Good luck to you both. :-)[/quote']

Thanks so much! The surgeon came Im today and he looks at me as says "I like your face, it's so happy" I replied "yes I'm very happy" lol. It has been such weight lifted off of out shoulders to have this done and both of us are great :-) good luck to you too with future milestones!

Surgery is Tuesday the 29th...Yikes !! Two week pre-op diet started out rough, but going great now. Can't believe how fast the time is going. Best wishes to all October sleevers.

Besides having my surgery on Monday, I had my first major victory since going through weight loss. My PCP took me off all of the high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes medicines today. The only pill I have to take is for my thyroid, which I'll be on for the rest of my life. It may not seem like much to most people, but it's a major milestone for me.

Besides having my surgery on Monday' date=' I had my first major victory since going through weight loss. My PCP took me off all of the high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes medicines today. The only pill I have to take is for my thyroid, which I'll be on for the rest of my life. It may not seem like much to most people, but it's a major milestone for me.[/quote']

Brilliant!

Hi all- just got sleeved yesterday the 23rd. Also had a hiatal hernia repaired as well. Doing great, surgery was about what I expected- some pain like bad period cramps but a little deeper. Pain about a 4 to 5 out of 10 after surgery and about a 2/3 now 1 day later. The worst part was the dry mouth for me- though I really didn't have any gas pains. For those who are afraid or stressed about it, don't be. Just expect SOME pain, but it's really not anything that bad. Leak test came back fine as well! Good luck to all the test of the October sleevers!

I was sleeved yesterday as well. Home now. No pain really besides gas. Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes until my dr appointment on Monday.

Day 2&3... definately gets better after that

Sleeved yesterday. I am very tired and sore but I'm trying to stay positive. Every tells me day two is the worst.
you will be fine! In a few days you will feel just some annoying slight soreness.

I'm also on day two. I'm pretty sore today. Havnt been abke to drink much today. But I know it'll get better.

I was sleeved on monday so I am day 4. First couple of days I didn't get any way near enough of anything. Sipping was more like dipping my upper lip into something and trying not to swallow to fast. Today I can take what I would consider a normal sip. I feel completely full all the time but the only pain I have now is the one incision where my hernia was fixed. You'll get there...it's amazing at how fast I'm healing

I keep forgetting to sip, and keep taking huge gulps when i drink - very, very uncomfortable!!! (11 days post op) Other than that, you wouldn't know I'd had surgery. The healing really is amazingly fast. Good luck everyone!