Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ye Olde Head Case

I wonder, am I the only one who finds that "My Body gallery" really depressing? I always feel worse after looking at it, not better, not uplifted. Because I type in my goal weight and the women still look a little soft and chunky. and since I am a solid 30 lbs away from that, I still look chubbyfat. I typed in my current weight, and yup, those women look like they are walking the fine edge of chubby and fat. Then I typed in my pre-op high, which is over 100 lbs heavier than I am now, and I SWEAR TO YOU, I saw no difference between one of the pics there and the pic at my current weight. They looked the SAME to me. If you had shown me those pics and asked me to say how much heavier the one was, I might have said, "20 lbs maybe?" Not 100. I also typed in the lowest weight I've been since sleeve, when I was a total gym rat 7 days a week crossfit pilates maniac, and even that looks soft curvy and slightly chub. When do I get to stop being the fat girl!?!

Gaining some weight back is a scary thing....Sorry for all your troubles this last year....Things could have been much worse with your weight had you not shown a lot of control.....I looked at your profile and I see a huge difference in you..You are beautiful...

Be careful not to let your brain dictate how you are feeling or looking..Losing over 100 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at....The goal is to stay around there and healthy to boot.....

Shapes, sizes and people are all different.....

The fat girl is mind over matter....stop beating yourself up for no reason......K

Our Heads Are Dysfunctional. I have lost 80 # and look exactly the same to myself. In my view, however, you are beautiful. You look exactly like you.

I find the Body Gallery amusing. I am positive there are people in there that are 30, 40, 60 pounds heavier than they claim. When you scroll through a size that has 7 or 8 different people, the shapes and sizes vary greatly. I know this is the norm as I have friends who weigh the same as I do and we look completely different, but we appear to be about the same HEFT if not the same SHAPE.

Just cuz it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true. ;)

I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably never look like Jennifer Aniston or Megan Fox, but I will be a healthier me. I'd love to be the hottie that I was in college, but I will settle for the healthy that I will be NOW.

I find the Body Gallery amusing. I am positive there are people in there that are 30' date=' 40, 60 pounds heavier than they claim. When you scroll through a size that has 7 or 8 different people, the shapes and sizes vary greatly. I know this is the norm as I have friends who weigh the same as I do and we look completely different, but we appear to be about the same HEFT if not the same SHAPE.

Just cuz it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true. ;)

I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably never look like Jennifer Aniston or Megan Fox, but I will be a healthier me. I'd love to be the hottie that I was in college, but I will settle for the healthy that I will be NOW.[/quote']

Damn LLady, you have depressed me. Every morning I wake up expecting to look like Heidi Klum but now I find out its not going to happen? Jeez!

LipstickLady is right on the money. Just because it's on the net, doesn't mean it isn't BS. Plenty of people (not everyone) who post their photos on that site either lie, take misleading photos, or just plain look a little heavier because the camera adds on a few lbs.

That being said, everyone carries weight differently. If I get down to my goal of 144 I know it will look different on me than my friend who is taller than me and weighs roughly the same.

You get to stop being the fat girl when YOU decide to stop calling yourself that. Girl, even now you have a body so many people on here would envy and may I say killer legs. You worked hard for it and you will continue working hard until you've reached your goal and after in maintenance. But you've got to snap out of the mentality that you are somehow "less than" because you are not. You're a star. Get used to it.

I too can't stand that gallery. They don't have my weight RIGHT NOW and I'm down overall 70 lbs. I can't imagine if I had tried it 70 lbs ago.

What I've found is I like it better when I ask someone to show me someone that is my size/shape. That helps me better guage what I look like. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and other times I know I need to hit the gym...like HARD.

Globe, you're gorgeous girl! Don't let stupid sites and other things mess with your mind!

Damn LLady, you have depressed me. Every morning I wake up expecting to look like Heidi Klum but now I find out its not going to happen? Jeez!

Silly girl! I said Jennifer Aniston or Megan Fox, no where did I mention Heidi Klum. That's totally obtainable!

whadda ya mean that stuff on the internet ain't the truth???

Y'all, I WISH I looked like the girl in my profile pic - that was me at my lowest weight, at my most intense fitness, about 15 months ago. I don't look like her anymore, I'm soft and about 25 lbs heavier and all of that confidence is a distant memory. Now, I walk with my eyes trained on the ground, shoulders slumped and I don't know how to get *her* back. v_v

Y'all, I WISH I looked like the girl in my profile pic - that was me at my lowest weight, at my most intense fitness, about 15 months ago. I don't look like her anymore, I'm soft and about 25 lbs heavier and all of that confidence is a distant memory. Now, I walk with my eyes trained on the ground, shoulders slumped and I don't know how to get *her* back. v_v

Stop it will you! You are so hard on yourself I can't believe it....you can get that girl back if you so desire....You have to work it girl....You have to repeat what you did before and it will come....Stop mourning the old and embrace the new....Your really on your way to a better you...

But! You are sabotaging yourself by looking at all of this as body image.....There is a lot more going on then just how you look....

Eyes trained to the ground.....come on.....head up and proud because you are doing something about it all.

A lot of this is mental work....seeing yourself in a different way....dealing with the reasons why you gained the weight in the first place and getting past the body and looking for improved health.....

This is a long road for all of us...I will never look like I did when I was 17....or 54 again....Really don't want to you know...Forward and with confidence is the path you need to embrace......K

I tried to go back to the gym and focus on weights/muscle building to improve metabolism, and even though I was doing the most minimal, I managed to strain my groin muscle on one side and gluteal on the other! So much for that ...

Yes, most of this challenge is in my head, I just wish I could lose the weight but it seems that no matter what I've tried in the last 12 months, nothing works and yes, I"ve had my thyroid checked it's all good. That photo of me is visual trickery, positions and lighting, even there I was still a solid 17 pounds over my surgeon's goal, 30 over personal.

Y'all' date=' I WISH I looked like the girl in my profile pic - that was me at my lowest weight, at my most intense fitness, about 15 months ago. I don't look like her anymore, I'm soft and about 25 lbs heavier and all of that confidence is a distant memory. Now, I walk with my eyes trained on the ground, shoulders slumped and I don't know how to get *her* back. v_v[/quote']

You can't hate yourself thin. What would you tell someone on this board who's having the same issues? Write that down on a card and look at it every time the self flagellation starts.

We all love you and think you rock- facing extreme challenges while dealing with post op life. But you have to love yourself first.

Lynda