Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aveda has a shampoo/conditioner that is aimed toward helping with new Hair growth. Also, I am pre-op but already using Rogaine just as a preemptive measure. Good luck!

There is a Vitamin by Natures Bounty it called hair nails and skin. I was just told by my nut to start taking this instead of my multi. She also recommended Organics Shampoo and conditioner with Biotin. Also Aveda. I am at 3 months and am noticing it falling out more now. I am hoping this all works good luck!!...E

I am at 3 months and really starting to see the hair falling out:( I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and just started using their version of Nioxin called Nutri-ox. There is Shampoo, conditioner and a serum. They also have a product called Toppix that I plan to use if/when you can really tell my hair is thin. It is a keratin Fiber that electrostatically sticks to your hair and makes it look fuller. It doesn't come off untill you wash your hair. There was another thread here and some are really liking that product.

I have been using Toppix for a couple of years now. It is a great product. But word of warning..Make sure to hairspray it in. And sometimes it can come out when you lie down. ( Usually on one of those nice stark white pillows on an exam table!) But overall it has been a wonderful find. My Hair loss goes back years for me. I lost a lot of hair in my mid 20s due to PCOS. When I was 39 I had a baby. During my pregnancy I had that nice head full of momma hair! LOL But when the hormones faded and it fell out my hair was thinner than it had been before. ( Which is when I found Toppix) Yes, I have tried Rogain. I used hair thickening shampoos and all kinds of products. But the fact is I look very much like a chemotherapy patient without the products. So facing the probable hair loss from surgery I made another big decision. I have bought a wig. Actually, two. I am just not someone who can embrace the "bald is beautiful" look for myself. I am not happy with the idea of having to wear a wig. Yet the idea of having a body I can live in trumps my vanity. So I am bracing for what lies ahead. Besides, it will make getting ready SO much easier!!! LOL

You should start taking Biotin and also use the Shampoo, there is a treatment I have learned from a young lady which is Garlic treatment it's helps with the hair loss

what is the treatment? do you have the ingredients and what to to?

I have A LOT of hair I'm afraid of this but I know it comes with the sleeve. Had anyone gone bald or your hair just gets thin??

I am at 3 months and really starting to see the hair falling out:( I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and just started using their version of Nioxin called Nutri-ox. There is shampoo' date=' conditioner and a serum. They also have a product called Toppix that I plan to use if/when you can really tell my hair is thin. It is a keratin Fiber that electrostatically sticks to your hair and makes it look fuller. It doesn't come off untill you wash your hair. There was another thread here and some are really liking that product.[/quote']

Are you able to get in all your recommended Vitamins? I ask because I had never taken Vitamins before my surgery. Now they are so numerous they nearly make a meal of their own! Seriously though, I think the vitamins are making a difference for me. My hair is falling out less now than it did before surgery. Granted I am only three weeks out from surgery but the difference in the amount of hair in my hairbrush is really remarkable. My nutritionist swears by Biotin, 1000 mcg per day. She says it really helps prevent Hair loss. I am convinced it is helping me.

I had a lot of Hair loss before surgery (bad genetics) -- like way more hair loss than people experience WITH surgery. So I have been using Nanogen (like Toppik but better IMO) and occasionally Toppik for years. I think they are both really good products and should help just about everyone with surgery related hair loss. As the poster above said, make sure you use hairspray after you apply the fiber powders.< /p>

I haven't started seeing hair loss from surgery yet but I assume it's coming soon, so I've visited here:

http://www.hairforwomenhpi.com/

and ordered a topper. They custom make them to match your natural shade and texture of hair, so I won't get mine for a few more weeks. Hopefully before my hair really starts falling out! Because if I get massive hair loss now, on top of what I already have, it is going to be scary without a hair piece to cover it up.

Here is a picture of it, I got it on Amazon. After washing you hair put it on and let stay for 30 mins.

post-55214-13813668959546_thumb.jpg

Thank you I will give it a try!!

The Hair loss will occur regardless of what you take. I wanted to buy Rogaine but their site has a FAQ section that explains the two types of hair loss. Genetic and from weight loss. It states that if your hair loss is from weight loss, you simply have to go with its course. They also explain how it will grow back. Unfortunately for me, I've always had thin hair, so losing all the hair I'm losing is depressing. I take all my Vitamins. Biotin and use shampoos/serum with biotin, but has helped little. I'm thinking of buying the Rogaine anyways but not really sure yet. Best of luck.