Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC Choice plus-won't cover?

hey that's a good idea Angela is the Rep. I have been working with at Lapband Solution I'll call her on Monday to see if they have any information

Thank You guys for all your help without you guys I will be lost I let you know what happen!!!:clap2:

Nancy, what did they use for your approval since your MBI is under 40? We have alot of the same co-morbids and we are about the same BMI. I have UHC HSM, I realize each plan is different just wondering what they looked at for you?

I turned into my doctor's office questions they asked about previous diet plans(atkins, sugar busters, weight watchers south beach diet, hydroxyl cut, etc), exercise(several years of gym memberships) , diet prescriptions, high abdominal fat, my recent blood pressure that was borderline high but back to normal now without med, chronic fatigue, showed 6 months of Dr. supervised weight loss try, only went back 4 years for documented weight although I have been over 200 for at least 7 years. So I only filled out the Dr's questionnaire, I assume the office took care of the rest! Great Job!! I hope this helps! Good Luck, and God Bless!

:clap2:

OK guys I call UHC and was told that they got all my paperwork all labwork, and I am now just waiting for a Decision.(APPROVAL) its been a week I am losing my mine. I promise myself that I would not be like this, but I can't help myself. The Rep. at Lapbans Solution told me that it should take about 1-2 weeks because of the holidays, HOW LONG DIDI IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GET APPROVE ONCE YOUR PAPERWORK WAS SENT TO UHC:help:

My surgeon's office submitted the documents the week of Oct 7. I received my approval letter last week. The time will pass pretty quickly. It's kind of like being a kid again and anticipating Christmas. :bounce:

Tomecia,

It took 11 weeks from the time that LBS submitted my paperwork. I know it's hard, but the only thing you can do it just wait... The reason mine took so long was that UHC was about to deny me, so LBS pulled the request until the got a stronger case together. (My BMI was not consistently over 40 for all 5 years).

On the other hand, I have a co-worker who had the surgery in March and it only took him 3 weeks to get approved.

Hang in there...it will be here before you know it!

I am turning into someone I didn't know I can be I have called the insurance company everyday to find out the status (processing) I am starting to hate that word. (well its not denied )PLEASE JUST APPROVE IT ALREADY SO I CAN GO TO sleep. :notagree

Tomecia,

You are going to drive yourself nuts!!!! relax relax relax!

Since your insurance company is changing does that mean you will have to get approval from Aetna?

Now you gotta check and see if you can get surgery before Jan 08. Good luck and congrats.

I got seminar 20th so hope i can send everything in after that... already finished everything else.. i think =p

I know it was prayers from everyone here cause I needed it done before Jan 08 and Thanks to Lapband Solution for being there to help me with speedy process

Thats great to here. It took my wife and I less than 30 days. I was approved first within a week and then the wife was approved after we sent in a another from her OBGYN. and had surgery in less than 3 weeks.

Chris