Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this will be interesting!

Did you join LBT.com before or after you were banded?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you join LBT.com before or after you were banded?

• I joined LBT before I was banded!
    • I joined LBT after I was banded!

Getting the unbiased opinion of others who had gone before me, as opposed to the seminar info, or Dr.'s websites--was invaluable!!! I was lucky enough to actually be pointed in the direction of LBT by my surgeons office, and was immediately hooked. I found a special group of friends, who were with me through the last few weeks, as my nerves got so bad!!! They were there waiting for a report when the surgery was done---I still have the group of friends, and more! And I also like that I can provide the support for new members that was provided for me!

Kat

Hey, Chub....you just had to throw that 'ice cold diet coke' line in there, didn't you!! Are you deliberately trying to torment those of us in recovery from our addiction??? LOL!~ (maybe you won't be so mean after you're banded and can't have any carbonation for the rest of your natural life~~)

I was doing alot of online research pre-banding. I had joined OH.com and went there frequently but as soon as I found this site, I pretty much stopped going to the other site because I was looking for a positive upbeat website and found this one was great.

I love that the most of the ppl who frequent this site are friendly, positive and , when giving advice do it in a nice way.

Thats what I wanted, no nonsense facts and lots of nice folks to chat with.

Hey, Chub....you just had to throw that 'ice cold diet coke' line in there, didn't you!! Are you deliberately trying to torment those of us in recovery from our addiction??? LOL!~ (maybe you won't be so mean after you're banded and can't have any carbonation for the rest of your natural life~~)

:heh: i'm so sorry----but i think i'm drinking more these days just cuz my doc says that it's not a food group and i don't need it! he said that i can drink it after banding if it doesn't bother me-but i'll probably be too scared to chance it! talk to you all soon!

~courtney

it was in researching lap band that i found this place. i went from on the fence to begging my hubby to go NOW. LOL. i don't even have the words to express how happy i am to have found this place!!! :high5:

I found lapbandtalk a month or so before my surgery. This website allowed me to ask the dumb questions that you didn't want to ask in the support groups, as well as prepared for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I think by the time I was admitted to the hospital I could have performed the surgery myself!!! After surgery this site has been my saving grace. I was able to complain with others and listen and support others as complications arose, further prepareing myself for future bumps in the road (i.e. the first food getting stuck).

Although I don't come to this site as much as I did pre-surgery and the few months post-surgery, I still do pop in from time to time to see how everyone is doing and look for posts regarding new situations with my band.

OMG you had an ice cold Diet Coke??? That's what I miss more than ANYTHING else!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!! I'll never pick another one up though. My weird cravings have completely disappeared since I'm off DC's!!!!

OMG you had an ice cold Diet Coke??? That's what I miss more than ANYTHING else!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!! I'll never pick another one up though. My weird cravings have completely disappeared since I'm off DC's!!!!

i know, i know-i need to quit drinking that stuff! i did quit smoking last month, so maybe i'll quit the DC next month! i need a new habit! again-i'd quit drinking it today if i could get banded tomorrow! i'd have one hell of a headache, but i'd get over it!

I joined before banding for info, I was nervous and wanted to know the real deal.

I found it before surgery and I thank God for it. Everyone here has been so helpful and I learned so much. So many here has inspired me to do better.