Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm feeling sad! I was sleeved on 7/15 and to date have lost 31 pounds. I'm on day 23 and can now eat like sweet potato well cooked veggies and low fat cheeses. But since my surgery I'm barley eating which doesn't bother me much because I'm not hungry. But the sight and smell of food bothers me. I feel like I live nautious I'm mainly getting in a god amount of Water easily prob over 40 oz and less than 20 grams of Protein. I think I have keotis?? If I'm spelling right, where you have nasty taste in mouth a d bad breath 247, I'm dying for it to go away because I think that's behind the constant nausea! I'm so tired I can't even work out, just walking outside to get the mail exhausts me! I don't know what to do! I don't regret surgery I feel myself shrinking daily but it makes me sad that I'm too tired to do basically anything! Plus I am an emotional wreck!!!

Do u mind if I ask how much you started at? I was banded the day after you and lost 15 lbs (and pretty excited about it). I started at 174 tho. Band to sleeve revision.

Wow. 31 lbs in 3 weeks. Awesome! Congrats!

My first reaction is to check your Water and protein...I'm supposed to get a minimum 64oz of Water per day and 70g of Protein. Beyond that, I'm supposed to choose more solid Proteins to make up my diet (i.e. chicken, fish, etc.). I was sleeved two months ago, but even at your surgery date, it sounds like you could do some work on water and Protein - even if you can't eat the more solid foods yet.

And, less than a month out? You're GOING to still be exhausted. Keep doing what you're supposed to do - you WILL heal.

Try drinking Premier Protein RTD shake....30 grams of Protein protein and counts towards your Fluid intake

IM the same way I was sleeve on July 8 and still now if I try to go to store and walk around if I get past 40 to 45 mins IM so tried like I been workouting all day , I think becuz I wasn't getting all my Water and Protein in and I was dehydrate that was the problem but it's getting better not still 100% yet but better then last week hopefully it will be alot better before I return back to work on the 19th I was suppose to go back on the 5th of Aug but my doctor said I was still to weak

You definitely need to try and increase that Protein. If you don't get enough protein your body will have to break down muscle mass to get the protein which will make you weak and tired, and actually slow your ability to burn calories. Good Luck.

If you are in ketosis (breath smells kinda like nail polish remover (acetone)), you may need a little more carbs as well. Atkins diets you go into ketosis due to the low carbs. Definitely need to up your Protein but a few carbs, if they are lacking, may help your energy as well. But I agree with the above poster, you need to up your protein if possible. If you keep a log of your protein, carbs and Water, it may help you see exactly where your deficiencies lie. But at 20 grams of protein, you definitely need more.

Thanks Guys I'm trying super hard to find something that sits okay with me as far as the Protein goes but it is a struggle.

This was me until like 2 weeks ago and I'm about 8 weeks out now. Try seafood if you can. I've found that fish (not tuna) and shrimp help. They tend not to be (at least for me) as heavy as the other Proteins so I can do those.

Good luck to you and hang in there.

easy things to eat with lots of Protein include cottage cheese, Greek yogurt( plain has 22 grams protein in a cup vanilla tastes better but has 17), cheese sticks of all flavors are easy on your stomach,boiled eggs. Another thing to look into is B12 are you taking any? my Multivitamin has it in there already. In the first 3-5 months Iron supplements really helped me when I got tired , maybe you can get your hemoglobin checked. Its tuff for the first 2 months but as you eat more varieties and become more used to the surgery you'll get better. keep up the great work your doing awesome. my fitness pal .com is a great website to track all your stuff calories,protein,exercise , Water consumption,potassium, carbs, weight, inches lost....check it out I use it on a daily basis