Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 5 months today

Hi All,

Im Andy and I was banded Aug. 9th 2006, so far I have lost 79lbs and about 16 inches off my waist. With the exception of deciding to have my daughter, its the best decission ive ever made. The way I look at the band is, its a safety net for me, I have been eating right and exercizing like I would with any other weight loss program I was on, except now, when I fall off the wagon, its still there carrying me through the times when I would normally say screw it, and be off the diet.

Without the guidenance, help, and support I get from my surgery center and surgeon I think I would not have half the loss that I have. For those of you who are thinking of doing this, I highly recommend you look into the place your going to have the surgery, is the surgeon going to be available to you, is the staff? Is anyone in the office banded? who does the fills? how much are they? Do they have a support group, how often do they meet?

I know when I walk in to the office, I get greeted with , hi Andy, not, sign in here, or can I help you, its a little thing, but it means alot to me, I had the surgery allready, but they treat me the same way they did day 1, its just really important to have support I guess is what im trying to say.

Oh yeah, and 1 other thing, I REALLY REALLY REALLY MISS EATING pizza

What do you miss the most???????????????????????

Thanks for the post!!!! I hope to be banded in the next month, but I am waiting on insurance approval.... You have done great with your loss!~

Hi everyone! I'v been gone for some time now but I'm back. I'll give my updates one my weight loss when I get some time. Everyone is doing

so well.

Oh MY God!!!! Andy, you are the sunshine of my day....I woke up today feeling blue, like maybe the band won't be enough for me. I love you I love you I love you...omg 80 pounds in six months is my goal. Reunion for me and I am screaming with joy after reading your post. Thank you Lord!!!

That was some good advice, and congrats on the weight loss (actually, the inchs are very impressive)

I have a couple questions if you dont mind, where was your surgery done and by who?

And my other question has to do with your port, with all the weight loss and inchs, does your port stick out of your chest? and did they give you an option as to where that port goes?

Andy, you are doing AWESOME!!!!! Thank you for those encouraging words. I am scheduled to be banded on the 30th of January. So far all the staff in my surgeon's office are so friendly and personal. I too think that it is important. Keep up the good work and thank you! Gigi

Hi there,

I've got a lot of health issues that are now cropping up and agitated by my weight. I'm thinking about banding, because I am really having problems gettingthe weight off and keeping it off. It's years of yo-yo dieting combined with menopause. Can you help me out in what I should be looking for in a surgeon or facility. I'm in the Chicagoland area and see lots of groups offering this surgery. I know I want a surgeon who specializes in lap band, but am curious about the surgery and after care...what are fills/fillings? Please email me with your thoughts.erwymore@sbcglobal.net

Congrats on your spectatcular weight loss! That's encouraging. icon7.gif

Liz

You've lost weight so fast it's like, you leave in the morning with tight pants and when you come home at night they fall off as you walk up the driveway.

I hope to have the same results. I start the journey on Tuesday

Congrats Andy! You really are an inspiration. Do you exercise and/or count calories? I am banded less than a month, so I am looking for advice. Thanks for the motivation, you are doing so awesome!

Yes, I exercise daily, I have turned into a "gym junkie" sometimes 3-4 hours a day, depending on work, I also bought home gym equipment for the days I just cant get to the gym, but the biggest thing I did was putting a recumbent bike in my family room and thats the seat I use to watch TV, the only way I allow myself to watch is if im peddaling the bike, it doesnt have to be fast, but if I want to watch a football game, I have to peddal for 3 hours, this accomplishes 2 things, first, I watch a whole lot less TV, lol, and 2, huge weight loss with all the cardio, metabilism through the roof.

I really think exercise is the key, you dont have to be quite as obsessive about it as I am but at least 30 mins a few times a week would really help

Good luck to you

Wow, Andy.

Now, go to the store and look at a giant bag of dogfood... now think - you have lost 1.5 of those. Could you even carry 1.5 bags if you tried?

79 pounds is like losing a child from your body... or Nicole Richie LOL!

You have done GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Hugs!!

I don't have to miss anything, yet... but I haven't lost 80 lbs... :]

Wow, Andy, you've done great! It sounds like you're on "The Biggest Loser" with all that exercise. But, you're doing it without Bob or Kim at your shoulder telling you to "MOVE IT!"

I don't miss anything that isn't worth the loss. But, if you're gonna bring up pizza, I'd have to bring the beer! :beer:

Tami