Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I have messed up :(

Hello! I am new to this site , but I need some help...

I had the sleeve surgery in December 2010. I did great lost over 100 pounds. My work is so busy, so I eat fast. I can eat anything. I would have some reflux but now I could probably eat a whole small pizza. I exercise but I have become very depressed. I feel I messed up my surgery. I know when I drank liquids I did great it was when I introduced solid foods that my weight changed. I am up 50 pounds. I am a mess. I am not giving up though. I was afraid to go back to my dr because I did not want to disappoint. I know when I had my initial upper GI they had to use dye. I felt great until I had my hysterectomy. Well anyway.I just need some advice. Menu ideas. Some help to stay focused.

Thanks for any advice!!

You need to go back to the basics, by that I mean clean up your diet, we all know that we can eat copious amounts of slider (junk) food as we get further out.

Protein dense foods will help you get full faster and stay full longer.

Food should always be protein first, veg second.

It's not glamorous but works...

Perhaps you should start out with a 2 week liquid diet and detox yourself from the carbs! It sucks but it will make you appreciate good food again. You will find yourself wanting some good Protein and Veggies again. Get the carb cravings out of you and then do like Laure-ven said first protein then veggies when you eat. Best of luck to you!! :)

Don't keep yourself from going back to your doctor because you do not want to disappoint them. That is what they are there for. They are not there to judge, they are there to help you. Give them a call and schedule an appointment. Do you have support groups that you can attend as well? Don't be hard on yourself, just try to focus on moving forward and doing better in the future! Good luck! :)

I can't add anything to the great advice given so far...I concur and also just remind you that this is a great place to come for support and questions list you have.....best to you

Just like when the computer needs a reboot - so do our eating habits :) Reboot to the rules we all need to follow for success- Protein first, oceans of non-caloric, non carbonated liquid, drop the carbs - I go for Atkins 72 personally - which means 0-20 grams a day to detox from flour, sugar, etc.

Don't beat yourself up - yesterday is gone. Be honest about what you consume and expend. This is a process that will never end ;)

And as previously said, go back to your doctor and nut! He would much rather you come in now and get help than continue down this path! Don't beat yourself up just step up and change it now! As previously stated, support groups also help. I always know that when people quit coming it is usually because they have gained and I am thinking that is more reason too be there!! I haven't missed one support group meeting since 2 months before my surgery and don't plan on it! What I learn from being there is priceless! You can and will turn back around! We are all pulling for you!! :D

WOW!! THANKS EVERYONE!! I am glad I joined this site! I am going to take your advice and get focused . Put yesterday behind me and try and set up that appointment :)

I will keep you posted. Oh I do go to a small support group called TOPS . but when I started headed upwards I stopped . SIlly when we need help sometimes we turn the other way.

Much needed and helpful words!

Thanks!

Use the support here and at TOPS.

Restart with a Protein 'fast'

Be strict for a week and you can be strict forever.

Here's the point, you have not broken your sleeve. Your sleeve is still there, still small. It's your Head you (and we) need to conrinually work on.

As you eat, it's Protein first; veggies and fruits, and LIMIT carbs... Laura said dat...

You have disappointed yourself, your Doc and NUT and all are there to help when you get ready...

Don't forget to log your foods. That's the only thing I can add. It's much easier to stick to your diet when you log what you eat. What everyone else said applies as well! Good luck to you

For extra support, try reading Kaye Bailey's 5 day pouch test. It was written for people who had gastric bypass but the same principals apply to the gastric sleeve. The book will walk you through restarting your weight loss. Just Google 5 day pouch test. Good Luck! Keep us posted!

I would definitely go back to the your doctor and NUT and if they have support group meetings I would go there. I would also kind of start back at the beginning, 2 week liquid diet, followed by soft food, eating really small bites, no eating and drinking at the same time and start to exercise. One or two walks around the block to start and gradually increase. You did it once you can do it again. Good luck to you!!!

i dont have much to add. everyone else said what i was going to offer was get back to basics. maybe do a 2 week liquid diet again. that will help with carb cravings and will probably also help shrink your tummy a little bit. are you getting enough Water in every day? i am a visual person and i would write down what your plan is to do. keep track of your water and start tracking food again using my my fitness pal or something like that.

I started the 5 day pouch test because I needed to break the habit of eating slider foods like popcorn. I love that I'm doing it. Because I so got away from the basic rules that we learned after

Surgery!

i too was disappointed that I didn't loose the "100lbs" by now soon to be 6 months in 3 1/2 weeks but now I'm feeling a since of renewal day 2. I'm finding that I'm reaching for Protein first. Yay

You can do it!

Hi kathybush2013, there is a song that says "we fall down but we get up". Dust yourself up and try try again because you are strong, goal-oriented and focused. We make decisions to get sleeved because we are all these and more so dust off the dirt and try again lady cos you are not a quitter, none of us sleevers are.