Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions regarding pain

Darcy, I must have been reading upside down cuz I thought the pain was 2 inches below your belly button. I doubt you fun parts moved that high. My primary doc is awesome, because she never heard of the band but took a huge interest in it. She asked for literature and hugs me when I see her because she has a lot of obese patients that want a bypass, and she's totally against the bypass so this gives her a new option. Hopefully primary docs will start becoming more familiar, because I don't see the rate of band surgeries slowing down, do you?

My husband would give the same diagnosis as yours. He'd think some Big Daddy boom boom would loosen up the problem and send it on its merry way. What's so funny is that sometimes it actually works! Like when I have bad cramps before my cycle, a little boom boom is like an internal massage. Have I said too much? Again???

It's true.....A little boom-boom takes my headaches away.

Lisa, your life is so colorful. Your always painting pictures in my head.

Vera, that's such a nice compliment to me. Because being colorful is on top of my list of important things. Cute stuff is up there too, as well as fun stuff, furry stuff, and funny stuff. Thanks!

Internal Massage... hmmmm... well... if breathing didn't hurt... I might give it a try... BUT... am thinking that the whole massage thing would get going and then... the heavy breathing... and then the worldwide "turn" on phase... "OUCH THAT HURTS!" :)

Lisa... you are a giver of mental images... an arteeest of the mind!

Sitting here sipping warm tea an reminding myself... no pain... no gain. I feel like somebody has a grip on my stomach and is trying to squeeze out lemonade. If I drink ... no IV... if I drink... no IV... and waiting once again for a return call. It's like being on the dating scene all over again.

Darcy, I'm trying to consider divorce here, yet you remind me of the dating scene? NO WAY. NO DIVORCE.

I can't imagine how that alien got in your belly. Let us know the second you hear something.

Hi Darcy,

I hope you feel better soon. Don't know what could be causing your pain. A couple of weeks ago I was getting sharp pains in my lower tummy below my belly button but it seemed to work itself out within an hour or so and haven't had it again since. Our bowels are delicate things. Who knows... Anyway sure hope you feel better soon. Take it easy, Teresa xoxo

Darcy, did your surgeon EVER call you back? Get an e-mail address from them. That's how I contact my dr. Seems to be a quick response. Best of luck!

Sorry Lisa... I wish I could say that being single is a blast... some of it was good... having the whole bed to myself... watching whatever I wanted on T.V.... letting the hair grow out on my legs until resembled a rain forest... and I'm sure there were a few other great things about it. THe WORST part about being single was dating... not a pretty scene. BUT... even though divorce was hell... and single motherhood was though... it was a journey that led me to a wonderful grown-up man that is wonderful to me and my daughter!

Teresa...thanks so much... I betcha my stomach wouldn't hurt at all if you were here cooking for me!

Marie... I called again this morning... and they called back tonight at a quarter past 5pm. She called to let me know that she hadn't forgot me...BUT... the doctor there was not familiar with my case and couldn't make any suggestions (He did my pre-op H&P and my post-op check). She was very nice and apologized... said she would talk to Dr. Chua tomorrow. I do have email addresses... I'll give that a try next time.

Sooooo... I did a full liquid diet today and stuck to warm liguids such as herbal tea and Soup. My stomach continued to bother me all day ... and then... this evening... I felt hunger without pain... hmmmm... we shall see... Maybe I'll be able to call my surgeon tomorrow and say... Never Mind... I fixed it all by myself!

Darcy

I still can't divorce him. Last night I actually felt like cuddling with him - YACK. What have I turned into?

Darcy, my band has been extremely "present" since Sunday when I did the upside-downy. My feeling is in the center of my rib cage... I can almost feel my band in my throat. Then again, it's been hotter than fire and really humid for Vegas, plus this is the part of my monthly cycle where I'm supposed to be retaining Water. I hope this new constant sensation is just restriction, and that I didn't slip my band.

But your pain... how can the doc take so long getting back to you? Is Chua related to Lopez? They just burn me for letting us suffer!

Hey Lisa...

I think we shall say you have restriction... we shall not consider slippage and I will not let thoughts of erosion enter my mind with the type of pain I am having! Deal????

I know... it's crazy... they got my 40 grand and now I feel somewhat abandoned. I know that Dr. Chua is an excellent surgeon... but the care from office staff and aftercare is also important. After my sister had the RNY GBP... she actually got to see her surgeon for the pre-op and post-op check ... when she went in for checks after surgery the staff knew her by name and got so excited with her for her weight-losses... when she called with problems, her surgeon got on the phone with her immediately... They were friendly and encouraging through the entire process. My experience has been far less enjoyable. I think that Dr. CHua has an overlaoded practice and not enough staff to carry the load. His practice lacks the human touch, kindness, and compassion. THey have a wallhanging in their office that basically depicts those that need to lose weight as whiners and that they need to stop whining and take action... I found it very unprofessional and offensive. I will be talking to them about transferring my care. I have to find out if there is a doctor that is covered by my insurance and will take me. *sigh* I am thankful for the fact that Dr. CHua is pro-banding and for all or the positive information he gave in the seminar. I am also thankful for how sweet and kind he was while I was waiting to go into the surgery suite.... unfortunately... the needs of this patient didn't stop there.

Kiley... thanks so much for the well wishes... are you going to the support group meeting in FDL tomorrow???? You don't have to be a patient of Dr. Chua to attend and it is a really nice small group.

((((hugs))))

Darcy

Darcy, you got yourself a big, fat deal! Today I made it simple by bringing Cream of chicken Soup for lunch. I'll request Mashed Potato Stew for dinner (since I have my own housebitch catering to my every need since he brought home the Harley.)

Did you say FORTY GRAND? I hope that wasn't self-pay. Where on earth did you get your surgery, at the Royal Palace? Even in expensive Vegas the surgery is under $25 K.

By the way, I've seen a downfall in my new favorite surgeon and haven't received return calls or return e-mails in weeks. Same as Dr. Chua, they have overloaded themselves with new patients and don't have time for old ones.

Your face makes me smile.

Darcy: GEt on the phone again and keep bugging them till you get a call back. I would not take that from them. THey are your paid employees. Demand service.

Lisa: I hear you.

Lisa... I know... I couldn't believe what the cost was... was more than my sister's open GBP and a 4 day hospital stay... thankfully... insurance is picking up all but 2,500.00.

Penni... they did call me back at 5:15 yesterday but Dr. Rudic said he wasn't familiar with what was going on with me and so I had to wait until today when she could talk to Dr. CHua. She called me first thing this morning and told me I do need further testing with a GI doc... but she is not sure exactly what testing. So... I am waiting for her to get back to me on that. I do have to say that the gal (JoAnne) that I have been tlaking to has been very nice which is a pleasant change from some of my previous experiences.

I still am having pain when I eat or drink... but it is less now that I am eating bland foods and drinking only warm liquids. It is very tender when I palpate the area above the belly button. I guess my fear is that if there is inflammation of the stomach lining for whatever reason... that I will end up with band erosion. I have done so well with the band so far and I am not ready to give it up for any reason.

Anyhoo... I am going to email Dr. Kemmerling's office in Green Bay and ask them if they take patients that have had bariatric surgery elsewhere. I really don't want to switch gears at this point but want to know what my options are if there are problems in the future. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover the baratric surgeons that are located a mere 20 minutes from where I live.

So... I hope that Dr. Chua is ordering an EGD... I really want them to take a little look and make sure all is well.

Darcy