Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Other Montanans Out There

Shawn,

It doesn't take long to see the Dr. I'd wait as long as you can before a fill. As long as your losing 1-2 pounds a week your doing great. I'm getting anxious about coming over. I think Terri is going to go with me to the support group. We should all get together and meet.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I'm game to meet. Question for you...what type of exercise routine have you done since your band? How often? I need a kick in the rear to get going (altho this has been a hectic week). I have an elipital in the basement and as soon as it stops freezing, snowing and blowing, I'll be out walking...at least that is my intentions. Follow-thru is another thing!

Shawn

Well, I made my first appointment for a fill...next wednesday. They wanted to make sure I knew it was 200 and I'd need to be able to pay at the time. I think I'll call my insurance co and just see if there is a way they will pay for the fill. Who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised (shocked).

There is an artical about the Bariatic Center for Excellence in the paper today...only one in the area. And with the "for excellence" designation, that qualifies them to be able to bill Medicare.

You all take care

Shawn

Hello,

I live in Glasgow MT. The other side of the State. Dr Rhorer will be doing my lap band surgery on 3/5. I'm glad to hear positive about him. I was a little concerned because he had mentioned that he had done only 60 lap band surgeries. Sounds like he has a lot of experience with RNY though. Glad to hear he does a good job with fills.

My eliptical is downstairs waiting for some warranty work (for about 4 mos). The guy can't seem to get away to come and fix it. :) I have been walking for the past 4 days - the weather has been very spring-like.

Glad to see this thread!

Welcome Sophie,

I have a friend who talked to Dr. Rohrer's nurse about two weeks ago. She was told that he had done 75 surgeries. I do think he has done a bunch of the bypass surgeries, as I know a few that had that. I went to Mexico as a self pay and so far I feel like I'm doing really well. I had it done on Jan. 16th and have been basically full speed ahead a week later. I've lost 23.5 (the .5 counts!) since then.

I also have an elipital (nordic track from sears) that broke down 3 weeks after getting it. It didn't take long for the guy to come fix it tho, but they are independent contractors and I guess have to make it cost effective to travel to Glasgow. Mine is fixed, just me is broken! I have to work on my motivation! I'm all ready to walk outside right now but the wind has been horrendous! I did the mall on Monday.

Well, I gotta git to work.

Shawn

Shawn and Sharon,

Hey guys. I so rarely get on here, so I thought I would make myself known...I am Terri...Hear me ROAR!

It is so nice to know that there are others in the world with the same circumstances, and I have the luxury of two friends...one ahead of me by a few months and one behind by a few months. Cool! Anyhow, I think we should totally get together and meet for a something that will comfort us in our time of need. Or whatever.

By the way, Shawn already knows, but I wore a pair of XL pants today. Like, as in regular sizes! I was so stoked! I made a point of showing my husband my tag and he was like "So?" and I said "SO?!?!, They are TINY!" and he laughed at me and said "Honey, Extra Large does not mean tiny". It is all about perspective and his high metabolism ass will never know what that is about...Ok, I am getting carried away. It is past my bedtime...

See you later!

Terri

Hi everyone,

Terri and Shawn, I'll be in town on Thursday 3/1 and would love to get together. I'll call you Terri when I get settled. As for exercise equipment, I used to have tredmills, sit up machines, weights etc..... but they turned into clothes racks so my husband made me get rid of them. Now I do have a Tony Little Gazell that I like to use. I really enjoy walking though but have to wait for the snow to melt. We are getting sub-divisions that are paved that we walk in. I live in the sticks so paved roads is a huge bonus. The Benefis Bariatric Clinic in Great Falls is haveing a support group if anyone else is interested on the 1st of March. I'm trying to decide about how much to get for my 3rd fill. My band is already 1/2 full at 2cc's. Living this far out I don't know about .5 or 1 cc more??? Any advice? Talk to you later.

Sharon

Sharon,

I think you should consult with the dr. I'm going in for mine on Wednesday and I just take what he gives me. You must have one of the smaller bands? I started off with 2cc's.

I have noon on Thursday off if that works for either you, Sharon or Terri. My #781-3875 or office is 761-1700. Other than that, I'm booked till 4:30 as far as I know for now. Actually, I may have the 2pm hour open as well and if so, I could get together then. Just let me know. I'm downtown so its easy to get where ever the "meet" point it.

Shawn

Hi there I was also banded by Dr. Sanchez 1-6-01.. wow what a ride.. if anyone is out there who wants to chat or discuss anything I will try and help.. My name is Toni Haraldson.. I have lost total of 115 lbs and loving life.. I am 40 years old with twin 5 year old boys.. let me know what is up.. would love to chat...:nervous

Hi Toni,

I see you are a horse lover...me too. Just got in from a wintery ride...but ahhh, wonderful.

Congrats on your journey in weighloss. That is really something, losing 115. How long did it take you and who did you do your after care with? Did you come over here to Great Falls?

I'm sure all of us on here would benefit from your experience. I'm only about 6 weeks out so it is all about learning. I'm down 24 pounds tho and go in for my first fill this wednesday.

Shawn

I am going to be in Great Falls 3/1 also for my boys' divisional basketball tournaments. I have two teenage boys on the team. They play in Shelby, but we are staying in Great Falls. I think their game is in the afternoon of the 1st, so I possibly could make the support group that evening. Can you guys give me the details re: location? I see the time is 6:30-8:30. I hope I can go. It would be great motivation and would hopefully help with some of my anxiety re: surgery on 3/5.

Toni, I would love to hear your story! How long did it take to lose the weight? Were there any complications? Would you do it again? What advice would you give newbies? Contratulations on your amazing weight loss!

Shawn, I share a love of horses with you and Toni too. My QH mare is expecting her first colt this spring, and I'm excited about that. Will be fun to have a cute little tag along when going out for rides. I don't ride much in the winter, though, brrrr. I show at a local level also, but won't be doing much due to the colt this year. I ride both english and western style. I can't wait to feel more comfortable on my horse (ie - my butt not wider than her's and not overflowing the saddle's seat).

Well, I start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. It will consisit of Low carb slim fast shakes, and medifast Soups, puddings, and drinks. I feel very ready to start this journey.

The support group is on 3/1/07. from 6:30-8:30 pm. In the W. Ravalli Room. Dr. Roeher's office said it was accross the street from them. I will call next week to confirm the meeting. The phone # is 1-800-227-0724 or 455-2814. How exciting to have more people come. See ya there.

Sharon

Shawn, I'm going to call Terri when I get into town. Then we can all meet. =-).

Sharon

Looks like we are getting to be a "group" Yippee!!

Sophie,

I have six horses, four quarter horses and two walkers...they are actually my hubby's. I have a coming two year old and one on the way in May. I love having the babies, but mine are up for sale..the babies that is. Went for a ride this morning and worked my pup.

Sharron,

If you're interested, as well as anyone else, we can meet at my office if you want. It is private. Or we can meet at some other location...just thought I'd offer.

Shawn

Would love to meet if someone could arrange location and time. days work for me and i will bring a friend or two also banded. We all live in Lewistown so Great Falls would work.

Just for info, if anyone is looking into cosmetic surgery, Dr. Santin in Great Falls is AWSOME! tummny tuck and breast lift 6 weeks ago looks and feels great! anyway FYI...

Hi Brenda,

Does insurance pay for the cosmetic surgery?

I just ready your ticker and want to congratulate you on your hard work and successes. That is really something.

What type of band did you get and how many fills? What sort of things worked for you?

Shawn