Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

nat- i'll keep your son in my prayers. that has happened to us before too with some cough Syrup with my oldest. It happens, you're a great mother.

bk-that workout video sounds great.

Went to dinner with my spouses group tonight and i turned down german icecream! oh how i wanted it. It goes down so easily, much easier than the schnitzel i had for dinner.

My fill is scheduled for tuesday, I can't wait, I think this is the one! I had a dream that it was too full, so they couldn't put more, and I kept falling asleep while the dr. was trying to tell me. weird

Natster - hon, sorry you had a scare like that! I had something like that happen too. My son drank daffodil Water - lol - I can laugh now, he climbed up on the table, picked up the vase and drank the water, I called poison control and they told me give him icopec (sp?) and the little guy puked all night - it was horrible! One time he ate chewing tobacco, like half a can, and he puked for an hour then too. Needless to say he's now 22 and has lived through it all. The absolute worse was when he was a senior in hs and had an infection so the dr gave him .. something he was allergic too.. we were driving home and he had taken it while we were in the car, first he started sneezing, then he rips his shirt off, then he has these big blotches, we get home and he takes 2 of his allergy pills. I call the pharmacy, he tells me take him to the closest hospital - 20 miles away! I flew to town, ran all the red lights and believe me, I would have lost him if he hadn't taken his medicine before we left, by the time we got to the hospital he wasn't breathing. Geesh - makes me sick thinking about it. Anyway I'm glad the babe is ok.

I've done good but the scale is stuck again. The past couple days I've walked in the am and pm. Today I burned 389 calories and took in 889 - so the stupid scale should start moving soon, I think TOM is coming tho -

work sucks.

I'm so freaking busy, I can't get caught up, I'm still working on last weekend and I only have 2 days to get it all done or I'll be screwed for next week.

I'll try to get on tomorrow - take care!

Thanks everyone, for the positive thoughts. Little man is A-OK. We got discharged at 9pm and didn't get home until after 10. He is still sleeping, and I am going to let him sleep a while longer. I have to go to work today though, so he better wake up soon. :rolleyes: I'm getting out of bed in a few.

I stepped on the scale this morning and only weighed 1.5 lbs heavier. I think it's probably Water, but I snacked a LOT. My "emotional eating" was out of control. I'm drinking a pre-op Protein Drink, and plan to take in no more than 800 calories today. I need to hit 240 soonest.

Personals later - just wanted to let y'all know we're home and DS is okay.

Nat

NAT....so sorry to hear about your scare, but glad the little man is OK!

I've been really busy too, so I will try to catch up w/you all later on tonight!

Hopefully I will be able to report that I got on the torture machine ;-)

(((Nat))) So glad that by the time I read this, your little man is safe and sound. Man is that scary! I have had a couple of close calls, but never made it as far as the hospital. I would've been a wreck! I know how fast the little ones get into stuff. My younger daughter ate her sister's body glitter once. She wanted to sparkle from the inside! UGH! Luckily it was okay and she didn't aspirate on it. Another time I smelled her breath and it reeked of Windex. She had sprayed some into her mouth. No idea how much. I felt terrible. It is amazing any of our kids survive childhood!!!!

Give him a big snuggle from me...and give yourself one too. I give you a lot of credit. You do such a great job!!!

I started my new rotation last night in pediatrics. I am in an Urban hospital and my understanding is that this is where the trauma comes as well as lots of babies born to opiate addicted moms. I am nervous but excited about the experience. I believe it will be eye opening. We are having a big gun problem amongst the teens in our city and with the hot weather coming, the shootings will get worse...this is where the gunshots will be recovering. I never thought I would deal with that in pediatrics, but a lot of these victims and suspects are kids killing each other. It is a lot to digest.

Anywho...I did my gym thing today. 40min elliptical and 20 min weights..then a quick tan because I am pulling out the skirts/shorts. I know how bad it is for us, but brown fat looks so much better than white fat. I am jealous of my darker skinned lovelies on here!!!! Sadly I get more freckled than brown but it is still better than my milk bottle/glow in the dark thick legs!!! haha.

Enjoy the day.

Kaydoll - you made me laugh out loud. I've always said the same thing. (about my own "white meat, " not anyone else's)

HUGE NSV. I wore a pair of black slacks with a turquoise thread in them. Really cute. I wore a black top that is kind of clingy, with no jacket with it!

I was walking out of a meeting and a co-worker said "Hey there - you are getting really skinny! What are you trying to do, blow away?" I blushed. Literally BLUSHED! I said something self-depreciating, and then said, "What I meant to say was, thank you!" I am feeling and seeing a huge difference!

salad for lunch, another Protein drink for dinner, and 60 minutes, hook or crook, on the elliptical today.

As soon as I hit 224, I'm in the gym in a big way. That is a mere 20 pounds away!

I've had to rethink my 7/14 goal. I wanted to be 199, but I think if I'm at 224 by then, it is a huge huge accomplishment. That is how thin I was when I delivered my son. That's a 75.5 pound loss. I'll be a nice size 16 by then, and at that point, everything else I lose is literally gravy.

It's been a good day. I'm going to get my boy and love him up some more.

Later, gals!

C.

I'm home. I am BEAT. Literally, I couldn't even pull it together to go on a walk with my son, who was chomping at the bit to get outside some. I am sipping a Protein drink now (70cal, 15g protein). What I need to do is summon the energy to crawl my tired body onto that blasted elliptical. All I want to do is crawl my tired body into bed. *sigh*

If I can do 30 minutes tonight I'll feel really good about myself.

Time to put pookins into the bed. He's tired like his DM.

Big Love!

Nathalie

Nat--Congrats to you! :D I bet you were blushing like no other! You deserve it.

Brandi--I tried the ring for awhile, I um....well lost it....yeah...found it a few days later under the bed...so well uh safe to say it slipped out during the time I needed it the MOST...lol...I hate that thing....

Girls, I need to use you all as inspiration to get my ass back to the gym....I need to SOOOO bad.....kick me girls! :(

OK Boo.....If I can get my ass on the torture machine YOU CAN TOO! Go girl Go!!! :( I did 25 minutes tonight. I'm really going to try and get into the habit of doing this Regularly so you can kick my ass in return! :D

NAT...I'm sure after the past few days you're exhausted! Hope you get some rest girl!

KAYDOT...Wow...sounds like you're going to have an intense rotation!! Good luck w/that! Hopefully you'll still be able to check in once in a while!

Ok...I'm off to watch Survivor! TTYL

Hey ladies! I'm just checking in to see how all is doing. I've been busy with exams and wedding planning. I graduate Saturday! yay for me! Anyway... got on the scale TONIGHT... which in MY opinion is the worst time to do so... but I'm up .6. AGAIN... this is the worst time cause I'd just eaten and I strongly believe that plays a part! if not.. don't u DARE tell me otherwise! :D Anyway... Going to walk with my fiance since I cant work out and mess up the do. (hairstyle) TTyl loves!

~Sassy

Sassy - it definitely does make a difference! I have weighed at night and again in the morning, and have seen as much as a 2.5 - 3.0 pound difference. Weigh again this morning and see what the difference is. I tend to weigh butt naked after I've emptied my bladder. :) Every lil bit helps, honey!

I never did make it onto that elliptical. But I slept my ass off last night. I'm eating light again today, and I'll be exercising. I'm taking 1/2 day off today.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Nathalie

Nat I am so happy your son is okay and I am glad you got the are you trying to blow away comment that is the best

my neice asked me the same thing she said how much more weight u wanna lose I said well I don't know 80 lbs she about passed out

I think people sometimes don't realize how much we weigh to begin with

Hi loves! Its been a crazy week at work - finally got "caught up" if you can really call it that.

Went to bunco last night - love it, and they all said how good I look, healthy not like gastric bypass. :)

I'm at another stall, I'm out there walking my butt off every morning every evening and keeping the cals low and that dang scale just won't budge - I'm set up for another fill on Tues before support group but I'm debating if I really need it or not. UGH!

You all sound good. Good girl Kirsten, keep up the elliptical and you'll be skinny before you know it.

Nouva ring.. both my daughters are on it without any problems. I kinda pushed my younger to use it bc its a once a month thing and I - yes I - don't have to worrry about her forgetting a day here or there.

I missed survivor last night cuz of bunco and thought it was taped but when I got home it hadn't taped - geesh I need a tivo.

Have a good day! And a great weekend!