Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

Yup, total desk job for me - by the time I get to the gym after work I have plenty of pent up energy from being caged up all day! But like you Brandi - it pays well and gets the job done when it comes to payin' the bills. I wish I could retire - wouldn't that be nice! Unfortunately my job doesn't pay *that* well that I could retire in my early 30s. Although since I live in the Seattle area I have to watch some of my "Microsoftie" friends that have already retired... grrrr....

I'm calculating weight loss from my pre-op diet start weight, not my highest - I could add 10+ lbs if I did it from my highest. Now *that* would look good on a ticker!

I've been stuck at the same weight for a few days - then I noticed that it's getting close to my TOM - doh... I hate that!

BMAN...a Road Trip would ROCK! :) I've been thinking about doing one since I saw Oprah and Gayles Big Adventure! LOL

STEPH....I think the cherry blossoms are still out, at least I hope so! I want to see if I can get a good pic of them

and Yup...I have a desk job too! :)

Huge NSV for me today - or well.. a nice compliment. One of the lady members was just in for the first time this season and she said oh Stephanie you look so nice and then in a whisper .. are you losing weight? ROFL!!! I whispered back .. 40 lbs! :) She's like 85 y/o - love her to death! Then she took me out into the dinning room and chattered away about diets for half an hour! I expect to get more like that when the members start rolling in from the south. I had another lady in today and she said Stephanie you look so nice, you got your hair cut didn't you? I said um well er..yes I did. And then she said how much easier it is when its short. If you recall from my before pic, its about the same as I've always kept it. Just funny how the weight has made a difference but they just can't really tell if what exactly it is. Or they are just to nice to mention it... except in whispers. LOL

Brandi its always been a dream of mine to go cross country and camp along the way. No highways only side roads, stay 2 nights and then hit the road again. How cool would that be?

Have a great weekend ladies. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow.

I just tried to edit that post bc I saw a if in there that shouldn't have been - well I hit edit and the post comes up with a smilie in between every letter! LOL

I was also going to add that with all the banders you've met on here Brandi that you shouldn't have to rent any hotels, just stop from bandster to bandster to visit.

COOL Steph! I had a similar thing today - a coworker said "it looks like you've lost a little weight" - I said "about 70 lbs!" and her draw dropped to the floor! :)

That would rock... a Cross Country Bandsters Tour...

I could probably make it all the way across.

Plan to be made for a future date when I have money and lots of vacation time. ;-) ha

Watch out ladies... coming in a van near you.... Bman

[singing to the Batman theme song]

"do do do do do do do do do do do do B MAN"

Ladies yall have been chatting it up.

I am so proud of each of you.

Nat you make them IT men want you. you go gurl

Brandi - you are my role model my husband laughs at me cause I am always like well Brandi said this and Brandi said that he is like who is brandi It is funny.

you are so right about the food mushy way to often in my diet.

kay- I really need to track my calories better. I will work on that :faint:

annie you have lost weight really quick too

you go gurl

sassy I am happy to have u back

steph you have more nsv you lucky gurl you :clap2:

well I am off to play soccer with my little men

Girls-just need to send out some lovins!

I cannot believe I ever strayed from here. I think I was so frustrated by my plateau that I just buried my head in the sand. Thank you for calling me back. Nat, we both did the same thing...I feel so much better being here. I know now that when I am getting that itch to run away is when I need you all most. I am not angry at myself but rather proud that I learned from past behaviors and didn't totally throw in the towel and cave into a frenzy of potato chip and ice cream eating! I feel so wonderful since getting my second fill. I have broken the dreaded plateau and am feeling INVINCIBLE just like Nat. Can that be our theme song? "I am wooommmaaannn!"

Either that or it will have to be brandi's "B-Man" to the tune of Batman. hahaha. Anytime you all want to visit the Boston area, let me know. My girls are welcome. I am seeing T-shirts with "bandsters x-ctry tour" on it. Dates on the back with the towns we'll hit. haha!

Steph-isn't it funny how it can take a significant amount of weight for people to really notice? It is awesome when it starts happening. THe funniest thing is the expression when you tell them the amt. I guess it is nice that it takes so long for people to notice since I wouldn't want someone commenting on every pound I ever gained! Bask in the glory of all your hard work.

VA-enjoy that visit and the touristy weekend in DC. I love it there and have not been in ages. We almost booked a trip last month with the kids but decided to wait until the weather was better. I want to stay in Old Town.

B-man, thanks for understanding about the whole guilt thing. Actually you all seemed to understand. I agree with Nat about people being haters. I wish I were stronger in my decision and could educate everyone around me so they would understand that this way is still work. but I really have no desire to be a lap band advocate/role model. My mom, sister, husband, kids and 1 friend know. The one friend also had the band but is open about it. None of my super close friends know mostly because I know they would all share the story even if I swore them to secrecy. I swear when you tell people a secret, they generally tell at least one other person. It just snowballs from there. I don't want to be watched or judged. The fact is, I do go to weightwatchers every darn week so that is my story. Yet the guilt still is there. Being raised Catholic and all, guilt is my middle name.

I truly think my weight was once at around 290. I have pics that are at my highest weight. I went on SOuth Beach and lost about 40 pounds, gained some of that back and pre-surgery consult was at around 275. Joined WW in October at 272.6 and that is what I have as my highest on the weight ticker. I lost 18 pounds prior to surgery. But when I look at the bigger picture I realize I am down about 70 lbs since my highest..wow that is amazing. About 5 more pounds and I will pass the half way mark. Or at least what I think is the half way. Only time will tell.

Keep on rocking girls. I am psyched some of you are stopping by thedailyplate. I am interested to see if it sticks for any of us. I too tend to not be that dedicated. It is worth a shot though.

Happy Friday...I will end my ramble now!

Kay - WTG on 70 lbs total - that is GREAT! I remember when I hit half way (ok, my memory doesn't have to be long because it was last week) and it was a total "a ha" moment, when I realized, I really *can* do this!!!

I'm SO glad you and Nat are back!

I've told everyone about my band and really don't regret it. It makes it easier when I go out with them and can't eat like I used to, etc. No explaining to do.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watched more closely, but I don't care. I've become a pro at brushing off people who think they are helping me lose weight with their comments.

But, being watched constantly also has its benefits. I swear, every day this week at work someone told me I was looking good and they could really tell I was losing weight. NSV for sure.

Ugh..I was typing away and my power went out.

I will make this quick. I hope the quietness here means everyone is out enjoying the Spring weather. I think it is hitting 70 here in Boston. GORGEOUS! What is nice is having lost most of this weight over the bundled up winter, means I am feeling so much better putting on those short sleeves and capri pants! There isn't that dread I usually feel in the spring of "shoot, I better hurry up and lose some weight before the summer comes!" You know, when you can't hide under big sweaters and coats.

Not this year girls! Major NSV for us all..or at least those of us who have winter seasons.

Have a wonderful day. Enjoy.

Hey Ladies! Just checking in with u all! Ok so... this is the time i need someone to log in and tell me about all the goodies like the Protein supplements and all that stuff! I went to get a fill and the lady said it was too early.... I sooooooo think she should have given me what i came for! Im sooooo hungry but i just can't eat a lot.. WAIT.. does that warrant a fill or just the need to "get out and do something"? O well. I know I'm rambling but.. someone... anyone... help!

~Sassy

Ladies huge NSV

I measured myself tonight and I have not measured since surgery gonna give yall a update

I have lost about 15inches total all over my body

9 of which came from my waist

hip hip hooray I am so happy

go me

scales on evil I like the measuring tape