Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

annie thanks for the kind words they really do help

Brandi I am on my way to go and look at eric

claudia be careful on that scary planes tomorrow my number one fear

Hello!

Kirsten wow that shooting at Va was horrible - even tho my dd goes to school in Philly I was still on the phone with her - twice! Scarey!

Bman - omgoodness I couldn't believe how much Eric looks like Steve-o! Too funny! Cute pics.

When I looked at Erics pic I looked at the pic of my girls, Olivia - Princess Olivia - she weighs 114 with her clothes on and is a size 5, bmi of 21. Raquel is 145 and a size 10, bmi 26.5 - which is considered overweight. They both are 5'2" - my point is the whole body shape and BMI is CRAZY! I put my goal weight at 140 bc its in the "normal" BMI but what is normal? I'm like the rest of you - yes I'm doing it for myself but also for what society thinks we should look like. Fortunately my husband has finally grown up now that he's about to turn 50, and no longer expects me to or wants me to look like a teenager.

Bk - thanks for the info on Cosmo - I can't wait to get it. And I hope your day is going better today. I know the whole copycat thing is scaring ALOT of people. I just got off the phone with my dd, she said that her school really needs to up the security. They have chapel everyday, hundreds of students in one room, and there are 6 ways to enter. She said its really scarey to think a couple guys like Columbine could come in and start shooting at them. Of course you need fire exits too but a campus is a scarey place to be.

Hey Natster - glad you're back, we missed your antics. You wondered why Bk would want a fill when she pb'd, my guess (BK,correct me if I'm wrong) is that she took too big of a bite or didn't chew enough or maybe was just stressed out. And I have to agree with Annie, get off the mushies and onto solids to get the most out of your band. I just bought the toaster strudel things with egg and sausage, one of them STUFFED me. I think you'll get more out of the band if you eat more solids. What did you mean you took a shot of Protein - as in a shake? I'm thinking hey if I could get 45g in a shot glass I'm there! I know how hard it is to get the butt moving in the morning. I actually came into work 2 hours late today - :) - love my job! No one to care. I woke up at 3 and couldn't sleep so I got up and did some stuff, went back to bed at 5:30, when I would normally be getting my butt moving and I slept til 8 - then I got up and did my 30 minutes. I know 30 minutes isn't alot but for now its something I can stick with. And it helps to have something good to watch - I'm watching season one of House. Love it.

Claud - have a fun safe trip.

Guess I should work now that I'm finally here.

Quick Hello! My kids are home on school vacation. Actually, one is at camp and the other is home with me. Keeping me busy nonetheless.

I just wanted to say hi...I read the posts and will try to comment later~ I am still on mushies with my new fill (total 1.4cc in a 4cc). So far I am down about 3 pounds. Nice to see the scale moving down again after about 7 weeks!!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Just checking in before dinner.

Went to lunch and had grilled buffalo chicken breast w/FF ranch dressing. I'm going to eat the other 1/2 of that chicken breast from dinner last night. And maybe a few bites of cottage cheese if I am still hungry.

Steph: Here's a link to the Protein shot: They call it a "bullet" but I couldn't bring myself to call it that yesterday.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/bariatriceating_1943_1403667

The pic is too big to paste here.

42 g protein in 3oz. It's thick like melted Jello, and kind of sweet, but SOOOO convenient. I got a bunch while I was in FL. I'm going to have my Dad bring me a bunch home when he finally comes.

more later - gotta tend to my boy. It's SO good to be back!

N.

P.S. I'll go check out pics in Yahoo this evening.

OK . so tommarrow is the big day yay!! I be honest I am excited but scared i need my confidence high lol

dont know if I will be checking in tomarrow maybe in the morning just in case I WISH ALL OF YOU A GREAT WEEKEND AND HAVE ME IN YOUR PRAYERS :) I WILL BE BACK ON LINE ON TUESDAY HOPEING I COULD HAVE A GOOD STORY LIKE BRANDI LOL

BK -KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB DONT STRESS YOUR BODY ACTS UP AT TIMES TRUST ME BUT DONT JUST FOCUS ON THE NUMBERS LOOK HOW YOUR SHRINKING IN SIZE AS WELL OK . YOU GO GIRL YOU CAN DO IT !!!

BRANDI - THANKS YOUR A GREAT CHICA YOU INSPIRE ME IN MANY WAYS . I WILL POST MY PICTURES SOON HOPEFULLY IF NOT YOU WILL HELP ME LOL .

NAT AND STEPH - TAKE IT EASY AND THANKS !!

OK SO I READ YOU LATER !!!

LOVE YOU ALL MY LITTLE CHIQUITAS HERMOSAS ( LITTLE BEAUTIFULONES) !!!

CLAU!!

Went to support group tonight - I enjoy going but they aren't anything like all of you. Blah - some of them have been banded since Sept and only have had 2 fills and wonder why they aren't losing. I told them get your arse in there and get an adjustment! Why be happy at 2 or 3 pounds a month when you went through this to lose the weight!? Right?

Nat I'm going to order some of that bullet stuff. I didnt' go to the site bc I'm on dial up at home so I'll check it out tomorrow at work. I have trouble getting ALL of my Protein in and I really gag on the shakes.

Claudia have a blast in Chicago!

Later gaters.

Oh Man what have they done to lapband talk crazy huh

I kind of like it and I usually don;t like change

Brandi thanks so much for your help yesterday. I think my prob is eating too many carbs I think I am going to hold off on a fill and follow low carb for a wk or so. you are right anything over one cup is alot of food. I think i can eat more because I choose soft foods alot.

Steph - everything went fine last night but I did lock my classroom door I am a panic attack person.

claudia hope your day is going well check in when u can

wow - this looks different! I am also one who isn't keen on change, it always takes me a while to get used to something new.

Bk - never hurts to lock doors, better safe then sorry. But I'm glad all is better for you.

I don't track carbs - but I think I'll do a report on fitday and see how I do. I have noticed I'm averaging 49g protein/day and my Iron is about half of what it should be. I take Vitamins but they don't have Iron in them - flintstone gummies - I'm gonna have to look at some others next time I go to the store.

VA Kirsten - Nate told me they charge around $250 for a fill - he said $200 - $300 is the average. He said they have an associate that Dr Marley trained in Richmond, and they could get you in there. If thats any closer for you. He said they take anyone who has had surgery in the US but won't take anyone who went to Mexico. So if you are interested I'm to email him for the info.

Hey Ladies! I'm back. :rolleyes: I haven't weighed myself in like... 3 weeks. I've been sooooooooooo busy and I admit I haven't been taking care of myself as i should. Any encouraging words? I also need to get back on track with the foods. Although I still have restriction, Im not eating the best. Do I still need to go in for another fill? Anyway... sorry so many questions! O... and how are you all?!

~SLNP

Nat - I found the Protein bullets for 29.95 for 12, and then on ebay they have them for 21.95/12 - is that a good price?

Hi Steph - that is an awesome price. Be sure you're getting the one with 42g Protein. The old one only had like 25g, so they are usually cheaper. I think I paid $29.99 for 12. I got them from the Bariatric Eating store while I was in FL. I think that was sheer genius for you to check Ebay. I'll check, too - but let me know if you bid on an auction so I don't bid against you. (grin) I like the fruit punch flavor the best, but the orange and grape are also tasty. They are thick and sweet, but there is no fat, no sugar and only 2 carbs per shot. VERY convenient. And overall cheaper than the fruity Isopure drinks.

I usually drink one immediately after I get off my elliptical, and I swear I can feel the protein shooting to my muscles. LOL I feel all tingly and cooled from the inside out. ((laughing))

I'm at work in a pair of size 18 pants and a size L shirt. I feel like Lola Falana. (Do you all know who Lola Falana is?) I have my hair flipped today, my make-up looks professionally applied, and if I do say so myself, my ass looks spectactular in these pants. Spec-Tac-U-Lar! I'm going to take off my jacket and walk around the office to let the geeks in the IT department take in and appreciate the golden globular roundness of my beautiful brown behind.

I have tears from holding in laughs....

Nathalie

Hey Ladies! I'm back. :rolleyes: I haven't weighed myself in like... 3 weeks. I've been sooooooooooo busy and I admit I haven't been taking care of myself as i should. Any encouraging words? I also need to get back on track with the foods. Although I still have restriction, Im not eating the best. Do I still need to go in for another fill? Anyway... sorry so many questions! O... and how are you all?!

~SLNP

Hey SassyGirl!

I was in a funk for about 6 weeks. Feeling really sorry for myself, eating poorly, crying, drinking wine, and really not giving a shit about my eating or following the band rules. While I didn't gain any weight, I also didn't lose any. I called it a sanity break. I was overwhelmed by EVERYTHING.

Well, the proverbial sun is shining again, and I'm back on it. All I can tell you is go with your feelings, don't beat yourself up, and try to do what you can do for yourself each day to help yourself feel better. Take a little time to pamper yourself. Soon enough you'll feel strong enough to climb back on the LB Bandwagon.

I am back to journaling and writing down every single thing I put into my mouth. I'm forcing Water down my throat. I'm talking myself up onto that elliptical again. Just remember, it's all for you. You want to be thin, you gotta put in the work. And be grateful, because if you didn't have the band, you'd probably have gained a few pounds these past few weeks. I know the band was my saving grace when I 'fell down.'

We love you, girlfriend! Feel better soon.

Nathalie

It's like feast or famine with me, eh?

Steph - the price on Ebay is a rip. The guy is asking for $10.95 shipping, so that puts the price around $35. I think you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

More later - I gotta get to work!

N.

Nat - LMAO!! I hope the guys in IT kept it down. LOL You're a hoot girl!

As for the bullets, I didn't check out the shipping - and I actually wondered about that when I was on Bariatric Eating. Thanks tho - I'm gonna keep checking around. Do you think GNC would sell them?

Sassy - ditto what Nat said. I would also say get a fill asap! Its good to hear from you and you must keep in touch bc it really does help keep you on track when you check in with us. We keep ya honest :rolleyes:

I can't wait to have a Tummy Tuck. I just went potty and we have a full length mirror on the door, I think if I just didn't have this fat jelly belly I could handle the rest! grrrrrr