Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honestly, how much do you vomit?

I vomit twice and it's from eating eggs I don't do well with egg that's the only thing I eat and don't no when I've had too much because I take like three bites and that's a wrap so I don't do scramble eggs anymore to heavy in my tummy

I'm nine months out and have never vomited!

Almost 10 months out and have never vomited...although came close after eating Gelato...and another time after eating ice cream. As you can guess, I now steer clear of both. I am not sure if it's the fat content or the consistency but it does not agree with me.

Never! If you vomit with the sleeve you are doing something wrong.

I had the band for many years and vomited several times a day. Never have I done that with the sleeve. If you over eat, eat to quickly, eat the wrong foods etc then yes, you may vomit. But you have to know what you can and can no longer due with your new eating lifestyle. You are the boss.. But only if you are knowledgable.

Having the sleeve is NOTHING like being banded. THANK GOD!

OMgosh.. Yes! My family is soooo relieved that I no longer puke. They were so tired of it and beyond worried about it. Of course, they had good reason. I was slowly dying of malnutrition. I was at a point that even a bite would send me to the nearest restroom.. Or worse yet, I was a pro at puking in a plastic cup and no one even knew it. So thankful those days are long gone and I'm healthy again.

You will love your sleeve :D

Hey, I still vomit if I inhale my food too quickly. However I have a related question. In the last 2 weeks I have had green poop all the time and it is not from anything in the diet. I have read online that this can be caused if the food passes through your intestines before the bile has a chance of breaking down the waste and mixing with other enzymes that turn it brown. Would this lead to malnutrition? I feel fine. I just feel like ET seeing green all the time. Lol. Actually today it has returned to brown after a couple weeks of weird green.. The other thing is that I get regular BM within 5 minutes of eating which is several times a day. This is new for me. Does this mean I have a super fast metabolism now? I like that. Weight has dropped 10 lbs in about a month andi see this as a good thing being 1 year out. Just curious and looking for an explanation behind the green and the sudden change to frequent BM. Apologies in advance if this is TMI and/or hijacking the thread.

Call the Dr. I haven't seen this and I did a quick search to see if it was related to gallbladder because so many people develop an issue with that.

Looking forward to hearing what the issue is.

Lynda

I'm in the minority here, but I've vomited so much since surgery that my surgeon has de-progressed (& re-progressed) my diet a few times trying to get it under control. I'm currently on a mostly mushy/liquid diet still. I do not have a stricture, blockage, ulcer, over-active acid production, or any other medical reason why. I am now also lactose/dairy/gluten intolerant, and cannot ingest animal flesh, except for the random bite of tuna fish, a couple of shrimp, or bite of haddock. I eat extremely slow & chew to near-liquification. I do not mix fluids & food. the only way i dont slime &/or vomit is by not eating solids. Not trying to be a downer, but anything can happen post-op.

I'm in the minority here, but I've vomited so much since surgery that my surgeon has de-progressed (& re-progressed) my diet a few times trying to get it under control. I'm currently on a mostly mushy/liquid diet still. I do not have a stricture, blockage, ulcer, over-active acid production, or any other medical reason why. I am now also lactose/dairy/gluten intolerant, and cannot ingest animal flesh, except for the random bite of tuna fish, a couple of shrimp, or bite of haddock. I eat extremely slow & chew to near-liquification. I do not mix fluids & food. the only way i dont slime &/or vomit is by not eating solids. Not trying to be a downer, but anything can happen post-op.

Have you had an endoscopy?? I know of one other person that had this problem, and her sleeve was made to tight at the entrance and everything was getting stuck and then coming back up. They actually used the scope to stretch it slightly, enough that food would pass comfortably through again.

Sorry you are having so much trouble! I spoke to someone at a support group who had issues with vomiting after bypass surgery. It is rare, but they finally figured out that they nicked a nerve in her esophogus during surgery or endoscopy. Every time she ate it came back up because of the nerve issue. Something to maybe check out?

I am 2 months out and have not vomitted - even right after surgery. My surgeon does a bunch of stuff to prevent that (patch behind ear, meds, a pressure point bracelet). I also haven't slimed. I have had discomfort in my chest when I have eaten one bite too many. It's really hard to eat slowly and listen for those full signals. Many people say they have a sign when they are full (a hiccup, sneeze, etc.). I don't get anything like that so at times it just hits me that I'm full.

When I had my gallbladder surgery about 5 weeks ago, I had a lot of nausea and they gave me some mylanta - that came right back up. But I don't really count that.

My brother is 2 1/2 years from surgery and he does vomit more than I think he should. But he admits that he eats too much and too fast at times. He says that vomitting is not like prior to surgery. Not painful and it's more like regurgitating, food just comes back up.

I was thinking about how lucky I've been not having the slimes and throwing up and then I realized, I have experienced this one time and it was the most grossest thing I've ever experienced. I never want to push my limits again. I was so sick the rest of the night and I blamed it on my pain medication which wasn't the case at all.... Thanks everyone for helping me get this insight... :P

Have you had an endoscopy?? I know of one other person that had this problem' date=' and her sleeve was made to tight at the entrance and everything was getting stuck and then coming back up. They actually used the scope to stretch it slightly, enough that food would pass comfortably through again.[/quote']

I had an endoscopy about 1 mo post-op & they didn't see anything unexpected.

Sorry you are having so much trouble! I spoke to someone at a support group who had issues with vomiting after bypass surgery. It is rare' date=' but they finally figured out that they nicked a nerve in her esophogus during surgery or endoscopy. Every time she ate it came back up because of the nerve issue. Something to maybe check out?[/quote']

That's interesting... I have my 3 mo (well, 3-1/2 now lol) check up on Friday. I'll bring that up to him. Thank you!

I hope it gets figured out mwrarr! That's got to be miserable!