Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gandsas at AAMC in Maryland?

Dr Gansas seems ok. But I've heard good things about the office and the nurse however I haven't really spoken much to either one of them to make a decision at to how they are. There are a lot of test which I'm grateful for so going into it I know how my health is.

I went to see Dr. Gandsas today I'm not able to have the gastric sleeve done because I have Barrett's esophgus so I'm getting the gastric bypass done on August 18th. I'm a little disappointed...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Did the dr who did the endoscopy tell you that you had that prior to seeing Dr gandsas? That makes me nervous because the sent in a biopsy for me saying that the lining in my esophagus was irregular but then after the biopsy they said everything was fine.

I know people that have had he gastric bypass and have had great success.

I know people that have had he gastric bypass and have had great success.

Thank you SoniaJ I'm now embracing the gastric bypass surgery. It will all be ok.

Yes don't worry everything will be fine. I'm nervous to sew A DR Gansas on the 19th however I a m staying positive. I was hoping that the coordinator would have submitted my paperwork to the insurance co. But I know they have a process they follow I just want to get the approval from them so I can breathe.

So I got my surgery date. It's scheduled for August 20th. So nervous and excited at the same time. He wanted to schedule me on June 16th but wouldn't it figure I'm on vacation that week and already paid for or I would have changed it. Now I am waiting for the paperwork to be sent into my insurance company. That won't be done till the 21st of July. Please keep it in prayer that they approve it right away. So how is everything going with all of you?

Hi SoniaJ - I got my surgery date set for July 30th. I'm so excited I can't concentrate on things because I think about is the surgery. I see Jeanette, Dr Gandsas' nurse to go over what I have to do before the surgery. I believe I need a blood test again.

You know Dr. Gandsas changed my date to 2 months earlier because of the Barrett's. Thank a God my insurance approved to move my date .

Aww man June 16th I wish that was my choice! Go and enjoy vacation!

Sandy

Blessed please keep me posted on how everything goes. Are you going to the support groups? I just started this month and it was good because I was able to get some questions answered. If you go next month let me know I would love to meet u in person. I like having someone to go through this with.

My name is Sandy. I go to the nutritionist group on July 16th at 6:00. I would love to meet you!

"Blessed7"]My name is Sandy. I go to the nutritionist group on July 16th at 6:00. I would love to meet you!

SoniaJ - I went to see Jeanette today and she gave me all new appointments for July right before surgery. On the 15th I have 3 appointments. I see arianne about nutrition then get more blood work end go to physical therapy. Do you use the physical therapy program?

No that was an option but due to the cost I didn't want to do it. I do go to the gym on an average 5 days a week. But I do hear that the theapy is very helpful. When is your surgery? Mine has been scheduled for August 20th I'm so excited. I have to see Arranne July 8th and I have to have a anastasia test too which I schedule for the 25th of july. I'm just so nervous and can't wait to get my approval through my health insurance. That will be a big relief.

My surgery is July 30th. I'm so excited I can't wait!

Edited by Blessed7

So exciting. How are you feeling about it? So you will have to give me details on how you feel after the surgery. Your surgery will be here before u know it. When I got the paperwork to initial it kinda freaked me out.what about you?

Yeah I initialed the paperwork last night it freaked me out too. I go for my Anastasia test on the 15th. I just ordered some measuring bowls, measuring cups, spoons and a food scale. I just have to buy the Vitamins and a pill crusher. I started to drink Protein Drinks in the mornings and I love them.

I do love the Protein drinks too. I like the pure protien chocolate tel he best so far. Once I get my approval through my health insurance I plane to but all the liquids I meet to last me for at least one week after surgery. On another We going to the ocean in a couple of weeks and I dread being this fat and wearing a bathing suit. It's just so sad.