Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else hate the protein shakes?

I tried Isopure it does taste like the gatorade but the aftertaste is horrid.... Ive been told by my dr that the isopure 0 carb powder meets requirements in one 12 oz serving he told me itll be thick but quick... Drop the Water or milk to 6 oz keep the isopure the same. Take little paper bathroom cups and pour 2 oz in each one so the shake doesnt look so big and sluggish every 2 hours take the shot that works to

I did Protein Shakes while on liquids, but as soon as I moved to purée, it was all over for the shakes. Seafood, poultry dairy and beef from there on out. Milk helps a lot!

I don't understand what my problem is' date=' when I was buying my Protein shakes I went to the store and bought a few kinds to try, I taste tested each then chose the one I liked the best. I had my surgery on Monday July 8th... and I can NOT stand the shakes!!!! The smell of them makes me wish to hurl! Why? what happened? how do I fix it? anyone else have this issue? This morning I mixed the powder in decafe coffee and that seems to be not so bad but takes a very long time for me to drink (over an hour) any suggestions?[/quote']

Hi I'm pre-surgery and spending a bit of time reading random posts. Somewhere (not sure which forum) someone, in NYC? had problem similar and was also having problems keeping anything down. Anyhoo she mentioned 'Protein ToGo'. I'm in Australia, and was so excited to find out (google) a store really near me stocked! (loads of things eg crystal light etc we can't get in OZ). I picked some up this morning, awesome. Comes in a tiny 74ml bottle (easy to carry in handbag or even in a pocket). Each bottle has 28 gm protein! The consistency is a bit like honey, it is sweet, but all natural, not too bad ( I can't stomach sweet drinks e.g NO sugar or sweeteners in coffee ever etc). I mixed some with Water think I could do that , would be getting Water and Protein in one! So far this morning (about 1 hr ago) I've had about 1/2 bottle and about 600mls water and a coffee. Do have a slight headache - think probs the protein? May need to slowly increase intake. Hope this helps:). The link is below

http://proteintogo.com.au/

Hmm, well, maybe I'm nuts, but I actually like many of the Medifast shakes. They even have things like "iced tea" and "hot chocolate" that are decent and don't have that gross, chalky quality that most Protein Drinks do. You can't buy them in a store, but available on line.

I am 11 months post op and I still drink shakes. I like banana creme and add too milk, almond milk , oatmeal, yogurt, Cereal. I started with a little bit at a time and I am up to a 1/2 a scoop. I do have chocolate, strawberry, double stuff cookie.

I also drink Isopure RTD I do mix with crystal light to make it taste better

I add powder Peanut Butter, Torani Syrup, extracts like , orange, mint, or sf pudding pudding mix. Someone once mentioned they use the flavor packets for the frosting. I keep forgetting to buy so I can try them out.

Not all Protein powders taste bad..

I am in Australia,(Perth, WA) decided to start shakes before meeting with surgeon (appointment on 31st July '13). Decided to go with Optislim Platinum. Didn't realise was a difference between os and Optifast lol. I actually really like this product and am really bummed I can not use anymore. If you don't have BP issues this is a great product (if made with hilo milk around 20gm Protein a serve). Started off just taking one for Breakfast. Noticed some tell tale signs (for me, everyone is different) my usually well managed BP getting bit high. Didn't worry, all else good so dismissed. When I finished the first box i bought another and decided to increase to two shakes per day. Mistake! Symptoms increased Even with combination meds BP 181/109. I stopped taking and BP now coming down. I had checked with pharmastst before taking who said if BP under control should be ok. I think the problem is the ginseng can't take with high BP, also bit salty so could be that too, not sure. So be careful:)

Isopure is completely Disgusting!! There's no other way to explain it lol however I love the Banana Cream Muscle Milk!! The nectar is ok but I can only tolerate 1-2 oz of it... I am really having a hard time with my Protein, I'm still in the full liquid stage.

It is the weirdest thing - but, I don't smell anything bad in my Protein Shakes. They just don't like me! I get gassy and need to run to the bathroom after drinking them. I even tried Almond Milk - same thing happens. I found that putting vanilla Bean Nector Protein in my sugar-free applesauce and mixing real good tasted good to me and also doesn't upset my "tummy". But, not getting the whole scoop. I also tried the Unjury chicken broth protein in chicken broth and it tasted good - but, I didn't feel good after drinking it. But, I think it was because I drank too much - the whole can. Not such a great idea - but, I wanted to get the whole scoop in.

yeah' date=' I totally understand....I dont like them either now....since for FB friends turned me on to the Quest Bars I have been doing much better....after surgery I was burned out on Protein shakes...[/quote']

Me too!!! I was fine before with the powder shakes & week 3 I decided to bite the bullet and buy a big 5lb.bag AND some unflavored Protein.< /p>

Cant stand the unflavored stuff now Waste of $35.00!!!! I still choke down the other powder though. I can't stand how foamy the shakes get.

I got the Quest bars as well at my local Vitamin Shoppe and they are pretty good and have helped me as well! Crazy how your taste buds can change.

I hate Protein Shakes, though the Atkins are tolerable... Unjury chicken Soup is probably the only 'shake' I actually enjoy.

Yes unjury is awesome and does not taste bad. I ordered the sample pack first which I love the Vanilla and chocolate so u just paced a tub of it

The strawberry was foul.

Me too!!! I was fine before with the powder shakes & week 3 I decided to bite the bullet and buy a big 5lb.bag AND some unflavored Protein.

Cant stand the unflavored stuff now Waste of 35.00!!!! I still choke down the other powder though. I can't stand how foamy the shakes get.

I got the Quest bars as well at my local Vitamin Shoppe and they are pretty good and have helped me as well! Crazy how your taste buds can change.

U can add different flavors . Mint extract and chocolate taste like girl scout cookie, chocolate and Peanut Butter taste like Reese PB cup.

Try adding SF pudding mix.

U can buy SF Torani Syrup on line or Walmart but limited