Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daisy, that is strange - but like Kim said, life is strange...lol... How do you feel about  it?

I did a semi fast day yesterday, around the 700 mark and today a proper one; made quorn curry with cauliflower rice and it was a hit!  Enough for tomo's lunch too!

Kelly, funny you mentioned hair - I am trying to grow mine a little - just a long bob so I can curl it or put it up - just want a change but it is still very fine, not as bad as it was, but still fine.  I hope it will grow out and not look awful!  I sometimes miss my long hair.

Oh, I meant to say, it was two years ago that I started the 'gonna get to goal' thread. At the time I said I would give myself a year to get to goal and then deal with the weight I was... hmmm, perhaps not eh!

Anyway, I am glad I didn't stick to my word and I am glad that I kept coming here - I really want to get to at least my surgeon's goal and then hopefully, with time, as low as I can and still look ok. I don't want to get too thin in the face and 'age' myself, if that makes sense...anyway... just thought I'd say! lol

Denise, it is weird... I think it would kinda freak me out BUT maybe the universe is sending you a message about this guy. MEET HIM!!! :)

Denise that is such a coincidence, hope you meet with him, you never know.... :)

Oh Have fun in Portland at the game... :P

Coops I love that you didn't just settle! Look where you are today..... I think you hair would look nice in a long Bob.... :P

My attempt at changing my picture did not work, will have to play around with it later. Any hints on how to do it properly - I took the original picture and cropped off some of the surrounding area to leave just me but when it has posted there is just a picture of my stomach - very appealing NOT.

Crop the pic to just a "headshot" first and then upload.

Yes , I am anxious to meet him. I am pretty laid back and I hope he is too. He seems more type A personality than me. I'm glad ge got antibiotics so he can get well. I can't be around any sick people cause I won't be able to hold my 2 week old grand daughter.

Oh, I read this article the other day and I thought some of you might like it...I know I did.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12146/we-often-hear-that-we-should-love-ourselves-but-how-do-we-do-that.html

Dee, that article is beautiful! SO TRUE!

I loved reading this thank you for sharing it.

That is a good article... the counselor I was seeing last year emphasized alot how important it i to accept bad feelings too. Not to wallow, but to let yourself experience them. Don't need to run, evade or always bury them. We are so ingrained with the idea that bad feelings are intolerable and yet the truth is they happen. I like that point of view and use that technique to say "it is okay to feel that". This is at times a struggle for me though because I apparently, unwittingly, have spent a liftetime numbing or burying them so a you all know, I often find it to be overwhelming. I hope that I am making progress on it...

You know what is weird though - I thought I should go through all this during the weight loss phase. I think I was so wowed by my transformation, my feeling so much better physically that it just didn't come up so much. now that I feel normal being normal sized, it has left room for this next "growth opportunity" :)

I feel like I am in a "growth opportunity" phase too. Feeling very uncomfortable about several things, but just trying to take a deep breath and look for the opportunity. I once heard in a teaching I went too- "Most people run away when they meet a difficult situation, but there is gold buried in that pile of sh1t! If you run away, you won't find it!" (paraphrased, but not that much!)... Dalai Lama!!! I always remember that, but sometimes I still just want to run away before I find the gold!

coops, you would look great in a longer bob, I like your hair short, but I am the same way, I miss my longer hair. I think I need to cut (trim) mine a bit, the ends are looking splitty and thinish... and the color is faded on the ends too... maybe just a couple of inches.. in a more blunt bob as well....

Edited by feedyoureye

I'm so lucky ,. I am 61 and i have long dark hair and I don't have to color it. I hope I never get grey hair because I would hate to have to keep it short just so I can color it all the time.

I guess I am going through some changes too. I got a book about break ups after Allen and I broke up and it has this relationship inventory . I need to know why I keep picking bad men.

That is a good article... the counselor I was seeing last year emphasized alot how important it i to accept bad feelings too. Not to wallow, but to let yourself experience them. Don't need to run, evade or always bury them. We are so ingrained with the idea that bad feelings are intolerable and yet the truth is they happen. I like that point of view and use that technique to say "it is okay to feel that". This is at times a struggle for me though because I apparently, unwittingly, have spent a liftetime numbing or burying them so a you all know, I often find it to be overwhelming. I hope that I am making progress on it...

You know what is weird though - I thought I should go through all this during the weight loss phase. I think I was so wowed by my transformation, my feeling so much better physically that it just didn't come up so much. now that I feel normal being normal sized, it has left room for this next "growth opportunity" :)

Sheryl, YES!!! You perfectly stated exactly what I am going through right now! I'm having a bit of a hard time with it but I know I will get through it and work through it.

The hardest part for me, and maybe all of you can help me with this, is what do you do with these bad feelings? When something bad happens, what do you do? I guess I am asking, how do you deal with these things? How do we just let bad feelings go and continue on with our lives and learn to be happy and content? Any input would be appreciated!

Sheryl, YES!!! You perfectly stated exactly what I am going through right now! I'm having a bit of a hard time with it but I know I will get through it and work through it.

The hardest part for me, and maybe all of you can help me with this, is what do you do with these bad feelings? When something bad happens, what do you do? I guess I am asking, how do you deal with these things? How do we just let bad feelings go and continue on with our lives and learn to be happy and content? Any input would be appreciated!

Well at the risk of you all thinking I am a complete wacko, I post alot of my bad feelings here. I have also started a brief "log" - not a diary but a log of how I feel. For example the day my son went back to college I felt wound up and bad. I wrote down how I felt...didn't fix it but kept it from growing. I could say to myself, it's normal to feel this....it's OKAY to be sad. It took the wind out of the anxiety storm that was brewing.

I am curious what others do. I spent so many years burying feelings that this is a bit hard at times. I sense the key is accepting it as part of normal life. Like you need a little rain to have beautiful green forests...that sort of idea. How would you truly know joy without a little pain I guess...although I'd rather have 100 percent joy if I had my druthers.

So, I had a weird dating experience on Saturday. I went out with a man who seemed cool, good looking, fun personality,good career...and we hit it off. His dating profile is that he wants a serious relationship. 2 hours together over dinner and not an awkward moment. He is an American citizen but English by birth and upbringing. He told me he loved our time together etc.all good I thought.

It was cold so I took him up on his offer to drive me to the garage where I was parked. We had a good night kiss...and I admit I love to kiss and it might have been a bit passionate, but hands to self etc. He says...you are a great kisser and proceeded to dive his hands into my pants. I was startled to say the least. He stopped when I protested...and I thought..ok, just got carried away. So I texted him thanking him for nice evening once I got home...he sent a nice reply. Sunday morning I sent alow drama email just explaining that I don't jump right into a physical relationship...wanting to know someone...I am attracted but just want to go a little slower.

I really thought he would ask me out again...but dead silence. WTF? How is it someone claims to be looking for a soulmate drop someone for not wanting to be fingered on the first date. WTF?

I wish I knew the answer to that. I spent 2 weeks talking to that guy on the phone and then when I went to Portland to visit my son, he totally expected me to have sex with him. After that weekend, he quit answering my texts and I only called once, but he sure didn't return that call.

I am actually glad because I like these other people better, but at the time I felt ridiculous for just assuming we would see each other again.

Okay, on day two fast this week. Yes, I am doing two back to back because of schedule this week.

Since I fell headlong into chocolate free fall last week in NOLA, I need it anyway! :)

That was something that hasn't happened in a whole and I have to admit I Loved it! Ha! The girls wanted some half price Christmas candy at CVS while I was getting my flu shot. We bought a bag of Kisses and M&Ms. :). You know what happened, right?

Three little girls and me had a wonderful orgy of chocolate over the next four days AND beignets too! For those of you who haven't had the delightful experience of beignets, you just haven't lived yet! :)

Needless to say, I was up a couple of pounds. Not over my bounce but.... I guess I should feel regretful, BUT I DONT! Ha!