Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many vets are actually AT goal and staying there?

I weigh 149...have lost 102 lbs. and my BMI says I'm fat as well. And I am still wearing a size 12! What the heck. Maybe I'm just under tall (I'm 5'2"). We need to all give ourselves a break as this journey/life can be SO frustrating!

I weigh 149...have lost 102 lbs. and my BMI says I'm fat as well. And I am still wearing a size 12! What the heck. Maybe I'm just under tall (I'm 5'2"). We need to all give ourselves a break as this journey/life can be SO frustrating!

It is always amazing to me how different all of our bodies are! I know another sleever who her and I weight close to the same, and I think she wears around a size 10 or 12 as well. I carry a lot of my weight on my lower body, especially my bum and thighs and my waist is smaller.

We should Celebrate how far we have come and our amazing bodies. I forget sometimes what my body has done ( and what I have done to it!), and should give it a little bit of a break, but my brain is a dominatrix!

Oh for heavens sake woman! You have almost lost half of your weight! You are sooo successfull! Congratulations!

I have posted this chart before on another thread but not sure if everyone has seen it, it takes age in to the equation which BMI alone does not.

post-20605-13813667553367_thumb.jpg

I have posted this chart before on another thread but not sure if everyone has seen it' date=' it takes age in to the equation which BMI alone does not.

[/quote']

Thanks foe posting! Great to have on hand!

I have posted this chart before on another thread but not sure if everyone has seen it' date=' it takes age in to the equation which BMI alone does not.

[/quote']

Do you have the men version of this BMI chart?

I know how frustrated you are' date=' coops. You know, even at my goal I am still overweight. No, not the same as falling under obese, I know. Right now, today my BMI is 28 - I'm just a few pounds from obese, myself.

I mean, here I am thrilled that I'm thinner and looking good...and I see my doc in April and he says he'd like to see me between 107-127 pounds...what the hell?!

Am I doomed to always be the fat girl, even when I'm clearly NOT the fat girl? Damn that BMI chart all to hell.

I can hardly stay under 137 pounds and my doc would like to see ten less than that at least? He's crazy, the world is crazy and I'm not going to make myself crazy trying to reach a goal that is most likely unattainable for me.

I think this group will help us get as far as we can get. And I know that you've had a heck of a time reaching goal and I'm not saying that it's not possible. I just hope that we can all find that balance between being thankful for how far we've come while keeping the drive to go as far as we can and while also feeling love and acceptance for ourselves. I can't keep beating myself up for not being the smallest girl around. The very fact that I can wear clothes from a normal store should be a cause to Celebrate every morning. I should not be frustrated that the number isn't smaller than it is!

I never dreamed I'd reach this point. I have to remind myself of that every time I get frustrated or fall into the old habit of beating myself up and putting myself down. I never thought I'd be here and I am. I have no reason to be ungrateful or unhappy, and I have to remember that.

Much love, coops! You and Globe have both had a heck of a time and I know how frustrated you are. If it's any consolation, you DO look fabulous, you HAVE accomplished a lot and I'm totally jealous that you've had plastics and I still have a saggy, baggy tummy. :)

~Cheri[/quote']

I totally agree. With all!

Sorry fiddleman there did not appear to be a male version of this table, don't know why.

The closest I could find...

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

It says I'm close to average (51 percentile) for my weight and age!!!! :D

I don't like that page!! It's telling me I'm obese even though my BMI is 28! :(

I don't like that page!! It's telling me I'm obese even though my BMI is 28! :(

Really??? It puts me as "overweight" at 28.2

Weird...

Did you change it to female because its set on male?

so I am a week over 10 months out ( surgery Aug 30, 2012)... I hit normal BMI last week... still not at "my" goal...I want to lose another ~25 pounds.... whether I can do that or even maintain my current 100% EWL remains to be seen....

Really??? It puts me as "overweight" at 28.2

Weird...

Did you change it to female because its set on male?

It would be cool if they let you put in your muscle measurements and fat percentage. That would totally fix the issue with the BMI charts and calculators.

Everyone posting on this thread have been my biggest motivators. I'm just shy of 2 years out' date=' made my very modest goal at 9 months post op. It's hard sometimes to come to the site now because I always feel everyone besides me is satisfied on eating low carb, 800 cals, and 1/4 cup max per meal. I'm embarrassed, I feel like the anomaly almost... Luckily I'm 6 pounds from my low weight currently. I'm ok with that, but not HAPPY with that. I'm also kind of pissed I have to "diet" to get those stupid 6 pounds off. I could gain back all of my weight easily, but I won't. I won't go back. But it does take effort. I still have restriction with some foods but I could seriously eat 3/4 box of Cheezits in an evening, I have! Basically, I am so so happy with my sleeve but its hard to lose weight gained. The 6 pounds I'm trying to lose have been haunting me for months. All we can do is keep trying!!![/quote']

See, what u said is my biggest fear w havn the surgery! I too am tired of dieting nd I will address this w my nut visit on the 24th. I'm not sleeved but read all forums, esp vet forums of what I shud expect. Ik I'll have to work to let my tool do its Job , nd I thot I was rdy. But as I read the forum here, I'm starting to rethink my decision or maybe my mindset cuz i really thot that this surgery wud also help me maintain once I got to "goal". So I'm wrong? Oh God, what am I gonna do now? I just don't think it fair that after hsvn most of our tummies removed, we should have to ever diet again, I thot changn our eatn lifestyles along w the tool wud guarantee a diet free life, plz help me understand, b4 I go under. Cuz I was really lookn forward to living life wo the thot of Everrr havn to diet again. Sry for whinning but I'm sad now, actually disappointed:( thx all in advance and God bless you all!! Dee Dee

so I am a week over 10 months out ( surgery Aug 30' date=' 2012)... I hit normal BMI last week... still not at "my" goal...I want to lose another ~25 pounds.... whether I can do that or even maintain my current 100% EWL remains to be seen....[/quote']

Congrats on hitting normal BMI that's what I hope to achieve some day.