Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hello All,I have an confession.:cheated:My son brought home some chocolate chips Cookies from school today. School house has the best chocolate chips in the world. I have not had any school house cookies since high school.

Don’t beat yourself up. On this past Sunday I had some chocolate covered strawberries. I believe that we are allowed to treat ourselves one a month or so. Compared to what we use to consume on a daily or weekly basis I don’t think it hurts us too much.

I am doing well since the surgery. Recently I have been having some sharp pains around the port area. I am not set to see the doctor till May 9<sup>th</sup>. If they keep up I will make an appointment to have him check and make sure the port is not moving around or anything.

I am happy with my weight loss. I have lost 22.5 lbs. When I started eating regular foods, I gained approx 5 lbs back, but those came right off. I am eating a little over 1200 calories a day. I am still waiting for my Bow Flex Tread Climber to arrive. It should be here in about a week. My exercise has been pretty much the stairs at work a few times a day, that’s it.<o>:)></o>:)>

Guest Band4EJ

I was banded on Feb 5th - had great success immediately (pre-op diet and banding I lost approximately 30lbs:biggrin1: by March 5th)

I haven't lost one ounce since!!!!

Went to Doc yesterday, he suggested a fill.

My issues are: I'm not hungry.

Dont eat more than 1000- 1100 calories a day

Hardly find my way around getting in 8oz of Water.< /p>

I think you're doing great and shouldn't worry. Don't get the fill until you feel that you really need it. I was banded on Feb. 6th and have lost a total of 22 pounds (including pre-band diet)...so your 30 pound loss sounds awesome. I went for almost 2 weeks without losing a pound, despite about the same calorie intake as you (with one or two 1500 calorie days), regular Curves workouts AND being back at my job which is very physical. I felt discouraged, just like you...then suddenly this morning I was 2 pounds down and finally under 200. I have a fill scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm thinking about cancelling it. It is hard to know what to do, isn't it????? I can get a bowl of mac and cheese or rice down easily enough but a piece of salmon or chicken is painful...which makes me think I don't need a fill! Tortillas, bread and anything breaded (chicken nuggets) sends me straight to PB city.

You are definitely not alone. Hang in there!

Just to begin with:

I have learned that when I drink more Water (64 oz) ( I swear on a bible to this) I will lose weight WITHOUT changing anything else I do.

How healthy are the calories you are eating? Are they good calories or are they higher fat and higher carbs? Are you eating smaller meals or is it one big meal (you need to eat smaller meals all day long to help boost your metabolism) You really DO NOT want to go below 1000-1100 cal per day you WILL slow down your metabolism and will not lose weight.

What kind of job do you have? Do you sit all day? Have you tried walking?

1st thing I would do is increase water (add Crystal light to bottled water)

Take a 1-2 mile walk every night.

Evaluate what you are eating and maybe try fitday.com to see how much fat you are getting in your daily diet.

Let me know how it goes.....

Pam:

thank you for your advise: I'm going to make every effort to drink more water, and I even took the dogs out for a long walk yesterday. I am an at home mom, so without carved out time for myself to excersize I do nothing other than shuttle bus my kids back and forth. I really need to devote more time for me!!!

I signed up for fitday.com I think that program it AWESOME. It will really help me with tracking.

Thanks for your input.

And good luck with your progress:clap2:

I think you're doing great and shouldn't worry. Don't get the fill until you feel that you really need it. I was banded on Feb. 6th and have lost a total of 22 pounds (including pre-band diet)...so your 30 pound loss sounds awesome. I went for almost 2 weeks without losing a pound, despite about the same calorie intake as you (with one or two 1500 calorie days), regular Curves workouts AND being back at my job which is very physical. I felt discouraged, just like you...then suddenly this morning I was 2 pounds down and finally under 200. I have a fill scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm thinking about cancelling it. It is hard to know what to do, isn't it????? I can get a bowl of mac and cheese or rice down easily enough but a piece of salmon or chicken is painful...which makes me think I don't need a fill! Tortillas, bread and anything breaded (chicken nuggets) sends me straight to PB city.

You are definitely not alone. Hang in there!

Eva: Thanks for the encouraging words........and yes, I'm finding it difficult to figure what is the right thing to do.!!

I really think that we are in the same boat regarding food being 'stuck'. The oddest things make me stuck and then PB - Boston market chicken, sometimes ground meat, spaghetti o's, (each of these EVERYTIME that I have tried them) I know, I know, some of you say,.........one time should be enough:) , but truely sometimes I WANT it!!!! Where as the other day I had chips, cheese and salsa with no problem. (granted it was only 4, but it still counts!!) I have found a 'no sugar added' rice pudding that seems to go down very nice. It is Kozy Shack by Request 90 calories, 3 fats, 3 Fiber, 4 sugar, and 4 Protein. (not bad right!)

Eva: If you don't mind me asking, what do you usually eat daily?

Thanks

Geralyn

Pam_banded

Thanks for the reply. Prebanded I used to love to drink Crystal Lite. Now, when I mix it I drink about half, then am tired of the flavor and it tastes gross to me. I few times I've wanted to gag on Water and that has always been my beverage of choice.

I have another silly question. My bra hurts. It feels so tight even after loosing 18lbs and especially after eating. Is this still swelling or am I retaining water?

Thanks!

Wow, I don't know.... I am apple shape, so all my weight is from hips to shoulders, I have tiny skinny skinny skinny legs.

The first place I lost weight was my B**bs, I love it! hmmmm

You were banded before me, so maybe you are gaining muscle mass, are you working out?

Do you usually retain Water in your bra area?

OMG! Could you be pregnant? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Maybe... (this is my story) you shrunk your bras in the washer!! LOL.

Anybody else have this problem????

Not having this particular problem, in fact, the very first place I noticed a difference was when I was able to put on a bra WITHOUT the extender. However, I have an idea...maybe the bra itself isn't tighter, but you're just a bit more sensitive right now? I have times when I'm pretty sensitive in my torso area.... Not sure...

I don't think I have posted here since my surgery! I had my first fill yesterday and I have to say it was an interesting expreience. My surgeon uses the Fluro at the surgery center I had my surgery done at. I had to go through admitting and getting my vitals in the presurgery area and than walked to a surgery room where the Dr. and two nursers where at to do the fill and than had to go to the post surgery area for my vitals again before I could leave - the whole process took about 1 1/2 hours (which seems to be a little long to me). I had 2 cc's put in and I can definately tell a huge difference. It is amazing how little I can eat again. For me I feel the amount of restriction I had after surgery. I am excited and getting the fill gave me renewed motivation!! So far, knock on wood no bad experiences (pbing, vomiting) and hoping not to. I hope all of you who are struggleing post surgery but pre fill with massive hunger can hang in there and do the best you can. Exercising and just will power got me through it. I am already down one to two sizes depending on the store.:clap2:

skinny jeans , i know exactly what you mean. i've lost 30 lbs this past month and my bra feels way tighter. it's even leaving a red cut mark in the front-middle. what the heck is going on? my butt and legs are practically gone , but i still have to wear big pants to fit my waist. i look like a clown and have more trouble now in the a.m. figuring out what to wear because of my silly shape. i guess it's swelling , 'cause i don't know what else it'd be. i really haven't started working out yet. well gotta go .

andrea

I had my first fill yesterday. 1cc I noticed a little restriction but it's wasn't what i was hoping for. I'll give a it 3 weeks then call the doctors office to schedule another fill. I just ate and hour ago and I'm already starting to feel hungry again. But otherwise, I'm down 35 lbs too.

Had my first PB today. Totally my fault. I wasn't paying attention, I was eating some canned chicken breast, ate too much too fast, and didn't chew well enough. I understand why it's called a "productive burp" now. It just feels like you'd feel better if you could just burp, but it's not air that comes up. Gross, but what a relief. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be, although I know they can be pretty awful.

I've been pretty wide open until this week, I started my period this week, so I'm tighter than I have been.... Scheduled for a fill next Friday, not sure if I should get it or not.

I had my first fill today!!! Weird, I could feel it going in. He stated that a lot of people can feel the first one.

I got 1 cc. He told me I did not need a fill, and I stated that I am very hungry, and it takes a lot to become full, so maybe that is why he did it?

Has anyone ever gotten more than one cc the first time?

I had no problems eating Soup right after the fill.........:)

i am soooo ready for my first fill - tired of feeling hungry so soon after eating . i haven't pb'd yet , but have definately had some sliming. keeping my fingers crossed that it never happens , but that's wishful thinking.

have a great week-end everyone !

i am soooo ready for my first fill - tired of feeling hungry so soon after eating . i haven't pb'd yet , but have definately had some sliming. keeping my fingers crossed that it never happens , but that's wishful thinking.

have a great week-end everyone !

I'm with you on being ready for the first fill. I don't seem to have any effects from the band at all at the moment. I'm due to have mine on March 28th and it can't come soon enough. I'm still losing but it's down to willpower not the band!