Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I feel very sore where the surgeon repaired my hernia and I have a hard time getting my liquids down, because of the belching and the pain it creates. I feel very full and make myself drink. Yesterday was a bad day, today is a little better. My dr. followup is tomorrow.

Had my surgery on 2/26. The anestesia gave me a terrible headache. I felt decent yesterday...Only mild gas pain. Last night was the worst. I was dry-heaving at 3:00 in the morning...I could feel the stitches holding my band to my stomach. OUCH!!! The only thing that seemed to help with the nausia was keeping cold wet rags on my head.

Today I started with shakes. I am having really bad gas pains...feels like I need to burp, but I can't.

I hope tomorrrow is better!

My surgery was 02/20 and today is the first day that I don't feel this overwhelming urge to burp and can't. It does get better. You could try chewable dramamine for the nausea. Believe it or not liquid benedryl works too. Both were recommended by my doctor.

I am 4 weeks post op today. I go to the Doctor for a check-up on Friday. I am very hungry. I can't wait to get my first fill. I'm sure that will be at 6 weeks. I am finding it hard not to eat right now. I can eat almost anything (except bread) To my fellow Feb

Bandsters, are you experiencing anything like this?

Ok, then, all us February 2007 Bandsters are BANDED!!!! Can you believe it? Wow, this month has gone fast.

BIG HUGS to everyone, hope all the newly banded are doing well, and here's to continuing progress for all of us! YAY!!!!

just had my op yesterday.a little sore today but other than that feeling good.

I had my op yesterday too..

ARe any of y'all having breathing problems.. shortness of breath and stuff? Also, my neck is REALLY sore.

Tracy

synicalchic, my neck was sore for a few days, too, from being in one position for so long. That will resolve in a few days as you become more active. As for the breathing, I wasn't short of breath, but I noticed for a while that my chest was sore, and it was a little painful to take a deep breath.

I am 4 weeks post op today. I go to the Doctor for a check-up on Friday. I am very hungry. I can't wait to get my first fill. I'm sure that will be at 6 weeks. I am finding it hard not to eat right now. I can eat almost anything (except bread) To my fellow Feb

Bandsters, are you experiencing anything like this?

Hello I am 16 days post-op and very hungry i am eating small portions about 5 times a day instead of 3 times as ordered by surgeon. Thankfully

I am still losing well. I can eat almost anything and I too will get fill in week 6. I hope I am not damaging any thing eating as much as I am.

Good Luck !!

Terry

Hello I am 16 days post-op and very hungry i am eating small portions about 5 times a day instead of 3 times as ordered by surgeon. Thankfully

I am still losing well. I can eat almost anything and I too will get fill in week 6. I hope I am not damaging any thing eating as much as I am.

Good Luck !!

Terry

I am 14 days Post Op and I am starving! I can't wait to get my first fill!

Oldgiesser - What kind of food are you eating? I am getting bored with Soup and just wanted some mushies ideas!

Myturnow has been banded on tues 27th..I am doing well. a little sore but nothing like some have reported. I am thankful and excited to have a new start to my life. keep the replies comming I am addicted to this site... thanks everyone.. donnaco "myturnow":clap2:

synicalchic, my neck was sore for a few days, too, from being in one position for so long. That will resolve in a few days as you become more active. As for the breathing, I wasn't short of breath, but I noticed for a while that my chest was sore, and it was a little painful to take a deep breath.

I think today is going to be my worst day. What is it now.. technically my 2nd day post? surgery was Tuesday. ANywho.. I woke up feeling like a pack of wild monkeys was partying in my abdomen all night. The part up by my ribcage/diaphram where the ports located is hard and swollen and all my other places I didn't feel before are starting to protest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.. I'm having a few minor gas pains for the 1st time today too. It's v. uncomfy to breath deep at all and I lose my breath v. easily. Also, is it v. uncomfortable for y'all when your stomach starts growling? It almost hurts...

Tracy

I am 14 days Post Op and I am starving! I can't wait to get my first fill!

Oldgiesser - What kind of food are you eating? I am getting bored with Soup and just wanted some mushies ideas!

Leslie I am eating oatmeal scrambled eggs mashed potatoes crumbled hamburger fish sticks cottage cheese pineapple and apple sauce. Some of the things are soft foods but chewed very good work fine for me. By eating more little servings seams to help a little with the hunger.

Good Luck !!

Terry