Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hello, I just wanted to check in. I was banded yesterday. Surgery went very well. I am basically in no pain. I am just sore when sitting up. I have no problem getting up or anything. I do feel a little weak when I try to walk more than a 4-5 steps. I am going to try to walk around more today.

Right now I am on Clear Liquids and have no appetite. I had surgery @ 9:00am yesterday and I wanted a little broth around 6. I drunk maybe a third of the can. I am trying to drink plenty of liquids. I have drank diet green tea, Water, aquafina Water and a little apple juice this morning.

I am still shocked @ how good I feel.

Thank you all!!! I feel so much better today. The only pain I am having is when I sit up and in my shoulder. The gas pains are sharp, I figured they would be a dull pain. Boy was I wrong. I have my heating pad on and I have done some walking. I am sleeping ok. I wake up every so often. I just get up, do some walking, drink some Water and go back to bed. My honey stayed home with me today too!!! He wanted to make sure everything stayed ok and to keep me from having to do anything.

Well wishes to the ones that are being banded today!!!

Thank you to all for posting your updates, I'm being banded and a week from today, so your sucess stories of surgury keep me motivated on my liquid diet, I know that this is the best decision for me and my life. EVERYONE Keep up the good work.

Thank you to all for posting your updates, I'm being banded and a week from today, so your success stories of surgury keep me motivated on my liquid diet, I know that this is the best decision for me and my life. EVERYONE Keep up the good work.

Just an update to let very newly banded friends know their is light at the end of the first week. I was banded on the 15th and today I am feeling like a new person. Day 3 and 4 were my worst. I had severe pain in my ribcage and bad gas pains at first and had terrible problems getting much of anything down at first, but am pretty much feeling normal. Just remember... sip, sip, sip. It really does make a difference. Here's to a great recovery for all and happy beginnings to our new lifestyle.

Hello February Bandsters!<O:p</O:p

Well, my mom and I were banded on 2/14 and today I have made it a week! (mom is Discodiva on LBT) I can't tell you how excited I was to get to the mushie stage! I think the liquids were about to kill me. I need something to chew. I have had my ups and downs but it was great for me to have my mom there with me, it really helped out alot. I have been hungry alot and am not very restricted at all, I tried to ignore the hunger for the most part especially right after I had eaten. I was really sore the first couple of days but not the only real pain I have now is in the port area. I would not recommend getting hiccups 2-3 days post-op OUCH! or sneezing, I thought I blew my port clean out of my incision! Ha ha! (not like you could help it if you did) My gas pains weren't all that bad, however I am glad they have subsided now. I can also now sleep on my side YAY! The hospital gave me this loratab elixcer which is basically liquid vicodin, since I move around alot in bed I decided to take it at night, it also helped me sleep because one night I went without it and I didn't sleep a wink. And when I slept on my back for almost a week straight my neck started to become stiff. Anyways I am also down 15 pounds! I didn't have to do the pre-op diet so that was all in one week! I'm so excited. Well I think I have rambled on long enough I will give you all updates later! Good luck to every February bandster! :) <O:p</O:p

Hello Everyone! I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Nicole and I'm getting banded on Monday the 26th. I am so excited....I also think that it is really strange that I am not nervous about it at all. I am just ready to get back to a normal life without the weight issue black cloud always hovering over me. Well, thanks for everyones support here ....I couldn't do it without you all! Nicole

WOW Mirissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are doing great!

timeforachange: YOUR TIME IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! wooohooo!

I would love to not have to do this pre op thing. But the way I look at it is, I'm learning now what every person that ever wants to loose weight will have to learn and that is, being okay with filling hungry. I'm really not hungry when I think I am- it's mind over matter for me. On my 4th day liquid pre op diet and feeling better. Days 1-3 were hard. Thanks everyone for posting you are my support.

Last night was my first night since banding, 2-12 that I could sleep on either side, it was WONDERFUL. I am drinking all the time. Feel good, but I would like something with a little more substance to it. Hopefully, Monday, one of my two appointments will give the go ahead to mushies. Take care to those who have done the deed and good luck to the rest of Feb. will bees.

Hello Everyone! I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Nicole and I'm getting banded on Monday the 26th. I am so excited....I also think that it is really strange that I am not nervous about it at all. I am just ready to get back to a normal life without the weight issue black cloud always hovering over me. Well, thanks for everyones support here ....I couldn't do it without you all! Nicole

Good luck on Monday! I was extremely calm myself. It was great.. I was sorta expecting to freak out any any given moment, but it never happened! lol.

It seems like a lot of people are going to mushies so soon. I won't be able to go to mushies until March 8th at the LATEST. Seems like such a long time!

Then that stage is supposed to last for 4-5 weeks. I guess it's a good thing, eh?

I smell a delicious spaghetti sauce cooking downstairs.. ohhh boy - i miss that!