Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise question for the VETS

I promise..it wasn't meant to be a dig at anyone who is lucky enough to be able to lose weight without exercising! I was more frustrated with how hard I have to work to get the scale to move and having a pity party that day lol.

Funny thing is I have come to love my workouts so to each their own!

Don't backtrack on your promise cause I've got 2 cats that need punching! And a third that could use a harsh talking too.

Don't backtrack on your promise cause I've got 2 cats that need punching! And a third that could use a harsh talking too.

Hahaha. Butter, you with 3 cats? LOL! I have one and he would NOT be okay with more (he's also 16 years old and pretty "set" in his ways.)

NtvTxn, I applaude your honesty. And you are right, no one can argue with your results and it sounds as if you make a concscious effort to move physically. My exercise has become ingrained in me. It does take a lot of effort to make it to the gym, or the treadmill on a consistent basis, but I love the way it makes me feel. And I hope in 40 years the payoff will be that when I'm 80 I can still use this body to walk on my own. I big-puffy-heart those 80 year olds who are still out there exercising and hope to be so lucky in my late years...

Hahaha. Butter, you with 3 cats? LOL! I have one and he would NOT be okay with more (he's also 16 years old and pretty "set" in his ways.)

NtvTxn, I applaude your honesty. And you are right, no one can argue with your results and it sounds as if you make a concscious effort to move physically. My exercise has become ingrained in me. It does take a lot of effort to make it to the gym, or the treadmill on a consistent basis, but I love the way it makes me feel. And I hope in 40 years the payoff will be that when I'm 80 I can still use this body to walk on my own. I big-puffy-heart those 80 year olds who are still out there exercising and hope to be so lucky in my late years...

I admire you actually getting to the gym and exercising. I so wish I had the want to.....I do make a conscious effort to move!! Our almost 5 year old grandson is here this afternoon, so I am making even more trips in and out of the house and up and down the stairs! :)

I admire you actually getting to the gym and exercising. I so wish I had the want to.....I do make a conscious effort to move!! Our almost 5 year old grandson is here this afternoon, so I am making even more trips in and out of the house and up and down the stairs! :)

I have yet to step foot in a gym but I exercise every single day. Running, hiking, cycling....I have some weights at home, I do what I can where I can. But the gym atmosphere is just not for me.

Yep....and 2 dogs to go with them. All of them are rescues. Believe me, it was not my plan...it just sort of happened, one by one. Now it's like a petting zoo every time I walk in the door. I can't set food or a drink down for a second because some animal will have their lips on it instantly.

I hate exercise now a days. Funny thing I didn't used to. When I was in my 20s, I would going to the gym all the time. Post sleeve, I hardly worked out at all, for two reasons: (1) I have a heart condition so I am limited on what I can do anyway, (2) I felt lost in the gym...and still feel lost in the gym. But I still lost weight...I still made it to goal and then some. I just had to get really diligent about my sleeve diet.

Exercise I hate it... And sometimes I love it!

I love the fact that my body is able to "move"

Now. I wish I felt that high from all exercises everyday, but I don't, laziness is so easy! And its a hard habit to break.

But today my body moved and felt strong and in sync. I hiked only 3 miles but we chose a trail that had a strenuous elevation change. At one point my in shape husband asked me to slow my pace?? :P When I have days like these I feel empowered. Yes it helps with the weight loss but its a sense of pride and strength too.

But, alas my couch calls my name...

Exercise I hate it, but I love it to :)

Three miles is great! And elevation is that much better! Good work! I was at dance class tonight (wed and fri) We had a scare last week, we don't have enough students and the boss threatened to cancel the class... I had to think about what I would do if the class was canceled. The majority of exercise I do is my dance class and a walking class I lead twice a week (around 2 miles, with 6-9 adults with disabilities) I love both of these classes and they are my regular exercise... I also started birding in May... and walk around 2-3 miles two or so times a week with that. I HATE it when I have to exercise... but I love moving when its something I love. I have had to identify those things that I love to do. If those things were not right there and motivating.... I might just sit on the couch too.... like I did around 5 years ago when I turned 55, and realized I could hardly get off the couch and needed to make a change. The exercise was not enough for me to lose the weight, so thats when I went for the sleeve... the second tool in the toolbox.