Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise question for the VETS

OKAY!! You are all WINNING! I will count walking as exercise then LOL. I just didn't know, honestly. When it's transportation, it becomes very easy and absolutely not something I think about at all, so it never really occurred to me to count it. That said, it's probably helping keep my metabolism going, so thanks for the consciousness raising!!

AND now I want a Fit Bit too!! :lol:

Swizzy, transportation walking is a lifestyle! Thats the best kind of exercise!

I clip the fitbit to my bra, and forget it.

The good thing about the One is you can recharge it... the zip uses batteries

The One logs stairs or elevation, and sleep...and if you want to use it has a vibration alarm to wake you up.

The Fitbit and the neat scale are on my wish list for my birthday - good to hear that you guys love it!

Okay' date=' does anyone have a fitbit zip? And if so, is it okay?[/quote']

I have the fitbit zip...and I love it!

OKAY!! You are all WINNING! I will count walking as exercise then LOL. I just didn't know' date=' honestly. When it's transportation, it becomes very easy and absolutely not something I think about at all, so it never really occurred to me to count it. That said, it's probably helping keep my metabolism going, so thanks for the consciousness raising!!

AND now I want a Fit Bit too!! :lol:[/quote']

We overpowered you, didn't we? :)

We overpowered you, didn't we? :)

Totally! Well done you!! I'm no pushover... ;):D

Totally! Well done you!! I'm no pushover... ;):D

And I ordered me a Fitbit One last night!! (with the clipon bands)

Last week I had a fitbit flex and a fitbit one in my hands ready to buy. I've had so many pedometers fall off of pants that I wasn't keen to pay 120 to see the fitbit one end up lost in a week. Flushing pedometers down the loo is a bit of a specialty of mine.

I'd wanted to get the fitbit flex and it looks great' date=' but I couldn't see how it could be accurate on an arm - most of us move our arms far more than any other bit of our bodies. I looked up reviews and sure enough the flex has been shown many times to overestimate steps... Up to 2000 a day according to some.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I believe some people buy a larger size and wear the flex around their ankle.

How have others managed this???

And how do you get the fitbit one to work at night? I don't wear a bra to bed... I'd be worried I'd roll over onto it.

I'm keen to hear some real users experiences.

Thanks.[/quote']

I clip my fitbit to my bra during day...no accidental flushing! As for night, the fitbit one comes with an arm band to tuck it into.

Can you tell, we love the fitbit! Lol

What I'd you don't wear a bra?

Then you probably wear a belt.

What I'd you don't wear a bra?

Lol...some girls clip it to their undies...please tell me you wear undies butter!!! LOL

Lol...some girls clip it to their undies...please tell me you wear undies butter!!! LOL

Occasionally.

OKAY!! You are all WINNING! I will count walking as exercise then LOL. I just didn't know' date=' honestly. When it's transportation, it becomes very easy and absolutely not something I think about at all, so it never really occurred to me to count it. That said, it's probably helping keep my metabolism going, so thanks for the consciousness raising!!

AND now I want a Fit Bit too!! :lol:[/quote']

Well I live in the country and have to drive everywhere so I bet on an average day you walk way more than me! I

Prob record for excersize as much as you do just for transportation lol

Please no one take this with any offense..but every time I see I have lost XX pounds without exercising I want to seriously like punch kittens!

/rant off

*Meow*

This post made me giggle!! The OP "asked" and I am guessing she wants honesty! It would be real boring if everyone got on here saying I exercise 4, 5, 6x's a week for 90 minutes and I absolutely love it, I can't imagine my life without blood, sweat and tears!!! ** yawn **

Sure, sure - and everyone else is destined to fail. It is what it is, some of us are gym rats, exercise gurus....whatever you want to call it, and some of us would rather have a sharp stick in the eye!!! I don't sit on the couch all day, eating ice cream and claim to lose weight, but I don't go to a gym. The last time I "went" to anything that resembled a gym was when I signed up for Curves back in about 2003. They drafted money out of my account for a year and I went 'religiously' for less than six weeks. I will never again do that. I have a weighted ball here at the house, I have a band that I work with occasionally. I go up and down the stairs ON PURPOSE, more times than I need to every day, I walk the mall shopping a time or two a week......and I park as far out in the parking lot as possible, even when it's 102 degrees outside. It isn't a treadmill or lifting weights but nobody can poo poo my success....so far. I say so far, because each of us lives day to day with the same worries, we have to be mindful of what the scale says, we have to make choices on what we eat. We can eat so little, I MUST love it if I'm going to use space and calories and eat it.

I do not recommend NOT exercising to anybody, a year ago I wouldn't have told anyone that I lost it all, 100% of my excess weight, without exercise. I wouldn't want to be a bad example for anyone, but then I figured, I need to be honest, I am what I am.....and I made conscious choices, conscious lifestyle changes that I KNOW I can do forever and I've been maintaining for over 2.5 years now. So far, so good, but I do NOT ever want to be complacent, I am looking at my 'dashboard' every single day. Dr. Ashmore said last week at a group meeting, "A little paranoia is good". Good, because I am a 'little' paranoid about waking up 25 pounds heavier and starving to death.

Don't punch kittens, be patient with us bums, we're all in the same boat, but some of us 'tread water' differently. I admire those who are hitting the gym most days, I really do. I AM going to sign up for a 5K when it cools off this fall. I know without a doubt I can do it, but I'm a sissy, I don't want to sweat!! LOL Don't say nasty things about me, I'm just being truthful!!!!

I promise..it wasn't meant to be a dig at anyone who is lucky enough to be able to lose weight without exercising! I was more frustrated with how hard I have to work to get the scale to move and having a pity party that day lol.

Funny thing is I have come to love my workouts so to each their own!