Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the info. In the class and even in the original meeting with dr. Dyer everything was just kind of a generic overview of what to expect so even though I've been researching and reading everything I could for the last 6 months it's not the same as actually talking to someone.

I agree so let me know if you have any specifics. I will be happy to answer anything. Everything is very generic but it gets much more unique to you as you go through the process. Stay in tough and let me know if I can help.

I agree so let me know if you have any specifics. I will be happy to answer anything. Everything is very generic but it gets much more unique to you as you go through the process. Stay in tough and let me know if I can help.

This will be the first time I've had any kind of surgery or been in the hospital so I have no clue what to expect. I'm most concerned about the catheter because I'm not a fan of the idea lol

This will be the first time I've had any kind of surgery or been in the hospital so I have no clue what to expect. I'm most concerned about the catheter because I'm not a fan of the idea lol

It's funny that you are concerned about the catheter because that was my concern as well. This is also my first surgery ever so I completely relate with the nervousness of that too. The catheter is put in while you are asleep and I promise it does not hurt when you wake up . You will appreciate it the first day after of surgery because you will not have to get up and down to go to the bathroom. They removed it the day after surgery and that is uneventful and fast that there is no pain involve. Believe me when I say that you will have so much other stuff going on that you will not remember you have a catheter.

Dr. Dyer is my doctor as well. I really think highly of him.

Are you guys that are near Nashville going with Centennial or Vanderbilt?

Centennial

Knoxville, TN here. Dr. Boyce. Sleeve 6/25/13. What are y'all eating?! I'm basically living on egg drop Soup and Propel Zero. I really can't tolerate the shakes or the Vitamins. The grit and powder seems to get stuck in my throat, no matter how well I mix it up. I don't know. I have an appt. on 7/11/13 and I'm going in with lots of questions. I know I'm not getting enough Protein or vitamins. I feel great, sometimes a little tired - but, I work as an ER Nurse 12 hr shifts - so I think that's normal. I'm sooo worried about Vitamin deficiencies and my hair falling out based on my admitted poor nutrition.

Hi there - Dr. Williams (Dr. Boyce's associate) was my surgeon and I was sleeved on June 19. I refuse to take their nasty powder vitamins -- there are alternatives out there! I am taking double doses of Wellesse liquid vitamins (multi-vitamin, Calcium, and iron) and doing great on those.

For shakes, I mostly use the Unjury protein powders, particularly the chocolate splendor and the chicken soup. I also like the Syntrax Matrix mint cookie flavor. I also drink the Isopure ready-to-drink -- my favorite flavors are the Apple Melon and Blue Raspberry.

My go-to liquids are low sodium V8, Gatorade G2 Natural, skim milk, Ocean Spray Cranberry Light 50, and Atkins Advantage Cafe Caramel.

eta: I forgot to mention for RTD Protein Drinks, I have been drinking the Premier Protein in chocolate and Muscle Milk Light in peach mango. I found the Atkins Advantage, Premier Protein, and Muscle Milk Light all at my local Kroger.

Knoxville!! New to this forum... My husband and I are in the preop stages. It's looking like our sleeve dates will be in October. Our surgeon is Dr. Greg Mancini at University of Tennessee here in Knox.

My husband and I are both getting surgery by Dr. Morton @ Baptist. The hubby is having gastric bypass on August 27th, and I am having the sleeve, hopefully in September. We live in Antioch, just outside of nashville.

Centennial

I'm getting sleeved 9/3 by Dr. Dyer. I know 3 previous patients of his. Start liquid diet tomorrow! Not looking forward to that! But excited for surgery...

I'm getting sleeved 9/3 by Dr. Dyer. I know 3 previous patients of his. Start liquid diet tomorrow! Not looking forward to that! But excited for surgery...

I was sleeved by Dyer on 7/8

I've been supporting my husband on the liquid diet by doing it myself, happy to say its not as bad as I thought :) we did the 2 shakes a day and one 300 calorie meal last week, and started the 4 shakes a day today. So far I haven't been "ready to rip a co-workers arm off for their pizza" kind of hungry... Like I thought I would be. I have been satisfied the whole time :)

I'm in Lebanon, TN and I'm going to have surgery with Dr Williams at Vanderbilt Surgical Weight Loss Center, hopefully in December :) Has anyone else seen Dr Williams?