Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Picture of my Port revision Incision

For those that don't wanna view this don't scroll down.

I am thinking this looks alot like my initial incisions with the allergy to the glue. Which I forgot to mention to Dr. Billy. I just assumed they would stitch me up. Guess they are using the glue technique here as well.

Not too much weeping like it did before. It sure does itch though. Which is a good thing since that means it is healing. LOL!!!

Anyway, here it is. It looks lots worse than it actually feels.

post-204009-13813131289149_thumb.jpg

Here is a closer view.

post-204009-13813131289518_thumb.jpg

Wow! Still looks better than mine .. I still think he used a nail-gun to close mine. :think :think

How long should these darn steri-strips stay on? Seems like they came off sooner before. I still have steri strips on all my incisions????

How long should these darn steri-strips stay on? Seems like they came off sooner before. I still have steri strips on all my incisions????

I just pulled mine off today. If there is no bleeding and they come off really easily then I would take them off. If they seem to be stuck on really good then leave them alone. The next time you get in the shower run Water over them and gently pat them dry. If they still don't come off easily then leave them in place till you see your Doctor next time. Mine basically was falling off which is what they normally do.

Penni, you are right, thats does look like it would hurt. OUCH! Maybe I missed it in another forum, but what actually happened?

Penni, you are right, thats does look like it would hurt. OUCH! Maybe I missed it in another forum, but what actually happened?

I had to have my port relocated. It was tilted and causing it difficult to access and also causing the tubing to protrude through the muscle wall but NOT through my skin. You can see the protrusion on the Thread "Protrusion thingy"

I just had surgery on Friday the 23rd of this month by a very competent surgeon called Dr. Helmuth Billy located in Ventura, CA.

Originally posted by Penni60

. If they seem to be stuck on really good then leave them alone. The next time you get in the shower run Water over them and gently pat them dry. If they still don't come off easily then leave them in place till you see your Doctor next time. Mine basically was falling off which is what they normally do.

Yea. I pulled a couple of the smaller one's off. One of the one's on the left side - not the biggest, but close to it isn't really scabbed over. I just got another steri-strip and put it back on. Usually I heal faster. Seems like with my first band surgery they just came off on their own,much sooner.. Strange. Oh well. I'm sure it'll happen soon.

Thanks Penni!

Leatha

Penni,

I think you incision is looking pretty good. It is only angry looking in one spot. My daughter has been attacked by dogs 3 times and she has olive skin, each time I put Vitamin E oil on her wounds and it helped the itching and I personally think it helped the healing. Thanks for showing us...

Terry thanks for the tip. I will go and get some Vitamin E oil and start applying it. I was hoping there was something I could use.

I've always been told to leave the surgi- strips on until they fall off. After removing staples, a lot of times they'll use surgi-strips. Vitamin E oil will help with scarring and itching.

Penni, are you overcleaning it? I did that w/ a previous surgery. I was cleaning it w/ betadine several times. I really thought I was taking care of my wound. But it made some of the surface skin peel away. Peroxide and/or alcohol is very drying, too.

Leatha, your dr. may have used a nail gun! He may have gotten a better deal on it. But did he use stainless? You know, health care is having to make cuts! We had some missionary friends that would collect and take medical supplies when they went to Russia. She said Russian sutures are thick and coarse, just like dental floss. Ouch!

Marie: I don't clean it at all. I let it heal on it's own. I learned along time ago from being a Nurse that the best way to get a wound infected is to continually cleanse it. Let nature takes it course and it will usually heal on it's own. Of course there are times when cleaning it is needed.

When I take a shower I just pat it dry and go on about my business.

Hey guys: the port incision is much better. It isn't near as red as it was. It is a nice pink now. It itches like crazy which just means it is healing. I did alot of walking today with my daughter and grandaughter today so I am really sore in that area. I just might have overdone it some. Oh well needed to test the waters on getting back to exercising. Just need to take it slower I guess.