Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tonight is Purim. Remember, no hamantashen. But the megillah reading should be fun.

Ha! I made Hamantaschen whilst I was making Challah on Friday. Prune, Caramel Apple, and Nutella.

I only had a few yesterday, gave the rest to the family.

Happy Pesach!

I agree I love cooking!!! I'm such a stress eater that's why I am the way I am. Are any of u frum?

I am had the sleeve done in May down 50,lbs so far

Does anybody know about Kosher Protein (ready to drink) thats not chalky and nasty?

Isopure Zero Carb??? That looks good but doesn't seem to have any certification. Anything in it that might be problematic?

I'm Jewish and frum. No surgery yet. I'm still in the pre-op stage.

I'm also worried about Shabbat, challah, 4 cups of wine on Pesach etc. How have others handled this?

Here in Ontario, Canada they usually approve the Roux N-Y unless your have a medical condition that requires the sleeve. Does one of these work better with challah, wine and brisket?

I had the VSG, I don't have an issue with Challot or Brisket. I don't drink wine because I do not enjoy the taste, but say Kiddush over Kedem Grape juice. I don't have any issue with drinking alcohol either, so I would say it may not be a problem, depending on your haggadah and how long you have in between the cups.

@@Tikvah Thanks for letting me know. I love it! It's very encouraging. I hope I can continue to eat all of these things after surgery too. Grape juice is my drink of choice for Shabbos kiddush but the wine on Pesach is of concern. But it can also be grape juice too.

Thanks Tikvah and continued success on your weight loss journey!

!תודה רבה וחג שמח

Just found this thread while looking for other English speaking sleevers in Israel. I am 13 months post-op and have lost 75 pounds and eat all of the good "Jewish food" we all grew up with. There are healthier ways of preparing all the traditional favorites and of course, I eat A LOT less than I used to.

Am very unclear why people are writing that they can't eat brisket, chopped liver etc. The focus in the bariatric community in Israel is apparently VERY different from the US. First of all, NO Protein shakes allowed. Not pre-op and not ever. Secondly, as long as you eat food in its natural form and no white flour or sugar and you make sure most of your diet is good-quality Protein and vegetables, you can eat whatever you want. This has worked for me very well and I am very healthy and have lost beautifully. I asked my dietitian about the American focus on protein powders, and she told me it is a good way to market an unnecessary product that is making companies a lot of money. Something to think about?

Edited by GalileeGal

.אני לא אוהב לשתות שייק חלבון כל היום .שייק חלבון טוב לשתות מתי אני באוניברסיטה

.אני לא אוהב לשתות שייק חלבון כל היום .שייק חלבון טוב לשתות מתי אני באוניברסיטה

Translated: I don't like drinking Protein drinks every day. Protein Drinks are good to drink maybe when at University :D

@@GalileeGal Hi! It's nice to know that there are bariatric sleevers in Israel as my husband and I are thinking of making aliyah at some point in the future. I'm slated for the RNY here in Canada but wish I could have the sleeve instead.

Thanks for letting me know you've had no problems with all the yummy foods, in much smaller portions as you said. But it's nice to know you don't have to never have something again. That messes with your head.

There's really a big difference in the Protein requirements between here and there because they are really big on the Protein shakes here. Maybe I'll ask more about that at my nutritional meeting.

Interesting name. Are you in Tiberias?

All the best and continued success in your weight loss journey.