Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here's to a new BEGINNING!!!

:clap2: Happy Holidays! I want you all to know that Jan 8th 9am will be my special moment. This has been the biggest and best decision I've taken for a long time. I'm not afraid, I only dread the Slim Fast portion of it (10 days)... But that's ok, cause I know you've all been there and are still alive and kicking. I've learned so much by reading your posts. It helped me gain the assurance I needed to follow through and because of that I want to thank you all. My weight in Oct was 334, lost 24 and aiming for 40 for my operation. I'm from Mascouche, Québec a little town outside of Montreal and will be operated on in Drummondville by Dr Steven Miller. Will let you know how things go. Bye...Gigi

Here's to ya!! I was banded on nov 10, 06. I was so ready to get my band too. It's a solution that actually works and i've tried all the diets and fads. good luck and keep us posted. Kelley

hi gigi

good luck to you im a recent bandster 15/12/06 and it is massive decision but ultimately the big difference when you start this journey you feel that you will reach the end goal where as with dieting alone you feel like you climbing a mountain and you cant imagine ever reaching the summit ,i wish you all the luck in the world .

nikki

Gigilabella,

Jan 8 is my day too! do you have to do a liquid diet? i have started mine today. ugh.

good luck to both you and me!! my surgery is in nyc--dr. george fielding at nyu. comments from anyone who has been a patient of dr. fielding are most welcome!

also--NIKKI and KELLEY--how are you feeling? pretty recovered? congrats on getting your surgerys over and done with!

Regards,

girlin

nyc

:) Hi Girlinnyc, my doc wts me to start my liquid diet on Dec 30th but I figure I'll start on the 29th to make sure I get 10 full days prior to my op, so how come you're starting so early on?...that will be 14 days..ugh...you can say that again. I'll be thinking of you on Jan 8th, hope things go well for you, so good luck and let me know how you're doing. Take care! Gigi

Gigilabella,

Jan 8 is my day too! do you have to do a liquid diet? i have started mine today. ugh.

good luck to both you and me!! my surgery is in nyc--dr. george fielding at nyu. comments from anyone who has been a patient of dr. fielding are most welcome!

also--NIKKI and KELLEY--how are you feeling? pretty recovered? congrats on getting your surgerys over and done with!

Regards,

girlin

nyc

Congrats, Gigi and Girlin!

You'll do great. If the urge to eat get's strong - just think of trying on bikinis in june.... it works.

:]

Hi Gigi

Welcome and congrats on your weightloss so far...that is fantastic. Best wishes for your surgery...pop in often and keep us posted.

:) becky

:) Hi Girlinnyc, my doc wts me to start my liquid diet on Dec 30th but I figure I'll start on the 29th to make sure I get 10 full days prior to my op, so how come you're starting so early on?...that will be 14 days..ugh...you can say that again. I'll be thinking of you on Jan 8th, hope things go well for you, so good luck and let me know how you're doing. Take care! Gigi

Yes, i've started and ALREADY i am dying for ...something to CHEW ON. i'm not really HUNGRY---i just miss EATING, rather than drinking. it's all mental. i don't know why 2 wks are required. i guess it is for shrinking the liver, which has to be moved to get to the stomach during the surgery-that was the explanation given by the surgeon. are you allowed any food (other than Protein shakes and diet drinks) during your pre-op diet? i can have 2 cups of vegetables--cooked or raw--with no dressing. i probably had 3 yesterday--but i guess that wasn't SOOO bad!

I'm fully recovered from surgery. I'm doing good. I had one fill and not much happened. I get another fill on jan 4 , then i hope to fill some restriction. I didn't have to do the pre op diet, guess i was lucky. The first week after surgery is the toughest after that it's uphill. Good luck and happy new year and happy new life!!:)

Hello, I'm a January bandster too. My surgery is January 11th, just a few days after yours. I start my liquied diet on 1/04. I'm so excited and nervous. But I know I'm doing the right thing.

Good-luck.