Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About Given Up

Hey everyone well I had my seminar back in August and now in December I still haven't heard anything from my insurance which is bcbs of new jersey its really a discouraging situation waiting all this time. I mean hell I would just like to know yes or no, so I can stop worrying myself to death about it. I mean I went from being really anxious and excited to just totaly fed up and don't really care anymore. I dunno how everyone else feels while waiting but thats how I feel.

Have you tried calling them? I had the seminar in June, have been doing everything the surgeons office said pertaining to insurance....the first time they sent in a request it was about 2 weeks until I was denied. I did the things required and sent in an appeal (the surgeons office did that!). After 6 loooooong weeks I called the surgeon and no response so I called the insurance company myself and 2 days later I had the letter saying they had reversed the original denial. Apparently the fax was sent to the wrong department, as soon as they realized it they took care of it. This has all happened this last week so it took approx. 6 1/2 months. Good luck, I know it's really hard to wait! My surgery was scheduled this morning for February 1......yay!

O yes I call once a week and they are always working on it they were supposed to have it all finished up today so I am going to call them again tommorow and see what they have to say its been in review for 6 long weeks and well here I am still waiting. But it was submitted to them like 3 months ago and they sent out some more requirements for me and after finishing those up it got submitted again and put into review on NOV 11 so who knows? Me and my hr department called together yesterday and it was supposedly on high priority on getting it finished..

Legally they only have 30 days to review the files. Is it Highmark by chance? If so I fought them and won, I will help if I can, let me know. They can be tough. ~Mandy

Yea but they say 30 buisness days and we had a holiday last month so today was day 30 so I'm anxious once again to see what is said tom.

I was told 30 days, total, not business days. I know every state is different but my insurance was in NJ and they only had 30 calender days. ~Mandy

You have to stay on them. BCBS is a huge machine. If you talk to the cog, he says it's the wheel's fault. If you talk to the wheel, he'll refer you to the bolt... Nobody seems to individually care - but you have to keep on kicking the machine until it gives you an answer.

Good luck!

Huberslave there is good advice above...main thing is don't give up keep on at them till you hear...and when you hear if its not what you want to hear make them change their minds!!!! You go girl!

:) becky

Thanks everyone and no I called friday and still no answer tried today and they are off for the holliday so tommorow I will call again lol. My wife wants me to go on another diet and I probably will and probably will result like all my other diets but hey I've got to try something I've gained 100 lbs since me and her first met.

Approved at last guys wow seems like it took forever I'm so excited what a relief now all I have to do is set up the appointment prior to surgery, thanks for all the support guys this site is great for people like us don't you think

Approved at last wow seems like it has taken forever but here I am approved I'm so happy anxious and excited all at the same time, thanks for all the support now I need to get all my pre op stuff done and get this show on the road lol.

:paranoid :phanvan :rolleyes how embarassing lol I didn't know what I wrote and tried to write it again cause that one didn't go through I thought haha o well:clap2: yaa for approval