Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used to eat such good things...now I feel like I'm living on scrambled eggs, deli meats, cheese, and yogurt! I was doing great at 6 weeks out, now at almost 10 weeks my poor stomach is having such issues. I had an endoscopy almost 2 weeks ago that showed severe gastritis (irritation) and so many things just don't sit well anymore. A lot of the foods I depended on make me sick now. I'm really hoping this will resolve over time because I'm getting really frustrated. I'm down 46 pounds since my surgery, and 70 from my high, so that's the good news. I just hope I don't have to deal with this part much longer...

My stomach changed so much with surgery.. those things I used to like.. I no longer like.. scrambled eggs is one of them.. Ive tried pizza.. and no go there.. too heavy.. so I dont eat that anymore either.. any food that is dry.. I cant handle.. so my foods for the most part have to be very moist.. which is ok.. I can handle it.. sorta keeps me away from stuff I shouldnt have.. I dont use salt.. so any processed foods taste so salty to me.. my hubby one time put some sea salt on some steak I was going to eat..and I couldnt eat it.. too salty..and he didnt put much on there either.. I told him not to put anything on my food at all.. poor thing lol.. I find I really dont miss out on anything at all.. cuz I have my fav. things to eat too.. hope your stomach issues resolve.. mine have just by changing what I eat yet again.. my tummy is so finicky LOL.. best of luck to you. :)

I also had severs gastritis and was put on a corse of omapreazole for 8 weeks after a week I felt better and continued it for another week then stopped. I feel so much better. You can buy omaprazole over the counter. Good luck and I hope you feel better :)

I also had severs gastritis and was put on a corse of omapreazole for 8 weeks after a week I felt better and continued it for another week then stopped. I feel so much better. You can buy omaprazole over the counter. Good luck and I hope you feel better :)

I went from Nexium to Dexilant - and also on Carafate 4x a day. It's been two and a half weeks and still not as good as I was. It's kind of depressing to look at a fridge full if stuff and/or a menu at a restaurant and struggle to find something to eat. Hopefully it will improve - thanks for the good wishes!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches